.1.

Bits and Bobs: SHINee Edition

"Taemin, are you okay?"

Taemin blinked as he looked up. "Huh?" He was stood with Minho in the changing rooms at Madison Square Garden, 'My First Kiss' could be heard from the stage.

"You look annoyed." Minho commented.

Taemin shrugged. Truth be told, he was annoyed. This was his and Key's song. Taemin actually rather liked getting dressed in the fishnet tights and pink sequined mini skirt. He like flirting with the crowd, he liked the over the top y dancing. But most of all, he liked sharing the stage with Key, the flirty glances that they would exchange, the teasing, and the way that Key's lips would oh so briefly press to his in public (even if it did look staged). But he couldn't tell Minho this. He smiled briefly, "hyung, I'm fine."

Minho reached out to lightly ruffle Taemin's perfectly straightened hair. "Okay." He moved quickly before Taemin and the coordi noona's had time to hit him.

~~~

"Taemin, you didn't smile much."

Taemin found himself cornered by Onew after their second performance. "Hyung, I'm trying to look manly and y. If I smile, I just look cute." That and the fact that he was still annoyed about Krystal taking his spot.

"The fans like you looking cute. It's your signature."

"Maybe looking y can be my new signature." Taemin suggested.

~~~

"Krystal looked so hot in your mini skirt."
 
"Jonghyun hyung, shut up."

~~~

It was late by the time that Taemin got to leave Madison Square Garden with the rest of SM. Fans had camped outside the arena hoping to catch a glimpse of them as they left, so the staff had to make sure that the bus could safely leave. He was sat with Kyuhyun of Super Junior, who was saying something to him, but Taemin couldn't bring himself to listen.

Taemin was too busy watching Key. He was surrounded by members of SNSD and Fx, talking animatedly in English. Taemin sulked, his bottom lip pouting, Key was too damn popular at times. He decided there and then, that Key would get the silent treatment.

~~~

At the restaurant, Taemin found himself to be sat by the one person that he wanted to spend more time with. Unfortunately, it was also the person that he wanted to avoid. He busied himself in making sure that his dumpling was completely coated in soy sauce.

"Did you enjoy the show, Taeminnie?"

Taemin nodded out of politeness before shoving the dumpling whole in his mouth.

"I can't believe I got to sing with BoA noona in front of so many people!"

Taemin chewed harder on his dumpling, that was another reason he was so annoyed at Key. His y dancing with BoA, the way he casually threw an arm around her, let himself be manhandled by her. He coughed slightly as he swallowed the dumpling, reaching for his water and chugging it back.

"Be careful." Key's hand was on Taemin's back, rubbing the maknae's back in slow circles.

Taemin mumbled a quick thanks before turning his attention to the rest of the food, Onew had placed a pile of meat on his plate already.

"Are you okay?" Key asked. "You're quiet."

Taemin nodded, before stuffing his mouth full once again. Maybe Key would just think he was hungry.

"Hey! Are you ignoring me?" Key asked, turning Taemin towards him. He spoke quietly, but the hurt was evident in his voice.

"I'm just hungry, hyung." Taemin answered, just as quietly.

"Taemin! Eat some meat!" Eunhyuk shouted down the table. "If you're not going to eat it, pass it this way!"

Taemin glared at the blonde before quickly eating.

~~~

"Taemin." Key was in his hotel room. Taemin was laying face down, wanting nothing more than to sleep.

"Yes, hyung?" Taemin turned his head slightly.

"Are you okay?"

"Why are you here?"

"You don't want me here? I swapped with Minho, but we can change back if you'd prefer." Key sounded upset again.

Taemin felt the bed sink as Key sat on the edge.

"What did I do?" Key asked, Taemin's hair.

"Everything!" Taemin had enough. He couldn't contain his anger any more. "Krystal got to do the solo with you, you flirted with BoA noona, you ignored me!" He knew he sounded childish, but didn't care. "It was supposed to be us!"

"You're jealous?" Key asked. "That's what this is about?"

"Did you kiss her?" Taemin asked, scrubbing at his face as he felt tears dropping down his cheeks.

"Taeminnie, I wouldn't kiss her."

 

Thanks for reading. I would really appreciate comments and upvotes. If you enjoyed my work, why not support me by buying me a coffee. 

http://ko-fi.com/stephhime