Final

On Dark Cloud Nines

Sohee massaged her throbbing temples after having to face another death on the unfortunate plane. The smell of the lying corpse was really strong that she almost threw up. Although the lavatory where the incident happened was two rows away from her seat, she could smell it well. Such a strong bloody smell. Jongin who was sitting beside her looked at her worriedly. “Are you alright?” Sohee just replied with a nod and a forced smile. They watched the dead body being taken out from the scene by Kyungsoo, who happened to refuse the help from other passengers to put the lifeless man in the room where the previous victims were placed at. “Poor guy being the only male flight attendant on this plane,” Jongin spoke. Sohee just looked away as Kyungsoo brought the man away,not even dared to look at it. She could hear sobs coming from Hyunmi as Woohyun was trying to calm her down. The incident might have affected her a lot.

 

“I didn’t expect it to be our last goodbye!” Hyunmi cried in her fiancé’s embrace while he rubbed her back. Sohee just could watch the scene quietly in her seat and bit her lower lip gently. Suddenly a pair of fingers touched her forehead and that action made her startled. She looked at the guy beside her with a slight blush on her cheeks. “What are you doing?”

 

“Just checking if you’re alright. You seem to be uncomfortable.” Jongin replied and smiled to her (though his smile seemed a bit forced as he was also in fear after all the murders). Sohee was stunned for a moment before she shook her head and excused herself to the lavatory. But then she remembered that a murder happened at the lavatory so she stopped her steps to it. Plus, she could see Jimin and a guy she assumed called as Hoya were at the lavatory,probably examining the crime scene. They were cops anyway. Chiyeon who sat behind her seat watched as she stood beside the seat of her boss,Chanyeol.

 

“Do you need a company,Sohee?” Chiyeon asked as she put on a soft smile on her face. Sohee turned to her as she was hesitant to accept her offer. For some reasons,Sohee had started to suspect everyone but she really needed to go to the lavatory. “Sure,Chiyeon.” Sohee said and watched Chiyeon stood from her seat, walking passed in front of Chanyeol before following her from the back. They walked past the other passengers and Sohee quickly pinched her nose as they walked in front of the lavatory. “Hey,watch where you are going!” Jimin spoke as they went passed the ‘crime scene’. Chiyeon bowed her head apologetically to Jimin for disturbing their inspection before tailing behind Sohee again.

 

Buk!

 

She bumped her face into Sohee’s back as Sohee was stopped by Hoseok. The perks of being short, Chiyeon rubbed her nose that had bumped with the latter’s back. “Are you okay?” Hoseok asked as he was concerned with his friend’s condition. Chiyeon saw that he was holding Sohee’s hand when he stopped her just now but Chiyeon shrugged the sight off as she looked to the other side, denying the fact that she was getting jealous with the skinship. Sohee nodded her head and pulled her hand from his grip. “I’m fine,” she answered shortly and patted his shoulder before she continued heading to the lavatory. Chiyeon bowed her head slightly as she exchange glances with Hoseok before she rushed behind Sohee.

 

“I’ll get in there for a while,” Sohee said and earned a simple ‘okay’ from Chiyeon before she went into the lavatory. “Take your time~” Chiyeon mumbled as she waited for Sohee in front of the lavatory. A stewardess then came into the kitchen and she was shocked to see Chiyeon there. “I’m accompanying someone,” Chiyeon said before Heejin could ask any question and flashed a smile. Heejin nodded at her and replied with a smile too before she continued her work at the kitchen. “Oh,Heejin-ssi?” Chiyeon called out the flight attendant’s name after being sure that she read her name right on the lady’s name tag. Heejin turned to her and blinked. “Yes?”

 

“Can I have a glass of water? I’m afraid that my friend in here might not feeling that well.” Chiyeon explained. Heejin nodded at the request and reached out for the plastic cup as she filled it in with some drinking water, giving it to Chiyeon after. She carefully took the cup from Heejin and thanked her before the stewardess walked out from the kitchen. Chiyeon gently put the cup on the table beside her before she took out her small pouch from the pocket of her suit. She opened it and pulled out a cylinder bottle containing some round medium-sized pills in it. Since she was a researcher under Happy Pill she had always brought her company pills along to promote their medicine. At the exact moment she heard a click coming out from the lavatory and she calmly took the cup back into her palm. Sohee pulled apart the door and stepped out from the lavatory,smiling at Chiyeon who waited for her. Chiyeon then gave her the cup and Sohee looked at her weirdly. “I noticed you were not feeling that well after the incident. Thought that you might want to drink some water.” Chiyeon said. Sohee stared at the cup for couple of seconds before taking it in her hand. “That’s so nice of you, but I was just having a bit of headache though.” The sound of the pills in the bottle could be heard as Chiyeon shook it in between her fingers and smiled. “Have some of this to ease the headache, it’s one of our trusted products.” Chiyeon said as she took Sohee’s free hand and put two pills on her palm. Sohee then mouthed a thank you before she put the pills in and gulped down the water. “Let’s go?” Chiyeon asked after Sohee put the plastic cup in the bin. Sohee turned to her and nodded. The two ladies then headed back to their seats at the front rows.

 

“Feeling better now?” Jongin asked as soon as Sohee sat in her seat. She gave him a thumb up and grinned. “Yeah I am. Thanks to Chiyeon.” She thanked. Jongin turned his head around to look at Chiyeon who had comfortably sat in her seat. She blinked at him and shrugged her shoulders before he sat properly again. “Maybe have some nap?” Jongin suggested her while he leaned his back on the cozy seat. Sohee did the same as she rested her head on the provided pillow. “Maybe I should.”

 

“I will wake you up when it’s time to eat,” Jongin offered. Sohee looked at him and mouthed a ‘thanks’ before she closed her eyes to have some nap. It didn’t take long for her to fall asleep. Probably because of the pills Chiyeon gave her. Jongin watched as she fell asleep and quietly turned around to see Chiyeon again. “What did you give her?” Jongin asked.

 

“Paracetamols. Duh.”

 

After about an hour of sleep,Jongin gently shook her shoulder to wake her up. “Sohee,it’s time to eat.” He said while looking at the stewardess who was in charge to give them their meal was on her way. Sohee stirred in her sleep before slowly lifting up her eyelids,trying to adjust with the light.

 

“What do you want to eat? Spaghetti or ham and eggs sandwich?” Hyesun,the young stewardess asked politely, noticing that Sohee had just woke up from her sleep. “Ham and eggs sandwich for me,please.” Jongin said, giving her a smile. Sohee gently rubbed her eyes before fixing her position in her seat and turned to Hyesun. “Spaghetti would do.” Hyesun nodded at their requests and carefully put the trays on their tables before asking them what drinks do they want to have. Jongin asked for a cup of coffee and so did Sohee. She found that coffee would be the best to ease her headache at that moment. Hyesun then poured the hot coffee in two cups and served them. “Thank you!” Jongin said gratefully and started to unwrapped the aluminium foil that was covering his sandwich. Sohee inhaled a deep breath before she pulled off the cover of the container, stirring the spaghetti with a fork and took a bite of it. She closed her eyes for a bit while chewing on it before opening her eyes again. Then Sohee’s eyes widened at the sight as a faint gasp came out from her lips. The long strings of the pasta were covered by dark blood, the chunky meat were now looking like some human flesh. Rotten flesh. Very unpleasant. Sohee squeaked at the horrible sight and unintentionally pushed the tray off. Jongin turned to her with a surprised face as he stopped chewing on his sandwich. He looked like a chipmunk now because he stuffed his food in his right cheek. “Sohee,are you okaㅡ”

 

“Take away this food from me!”  Sohee snapped out. Heejin quickly headed to their seats and crouched down as she started cleaning the mess. Another flight attendant called Hyerim came and helped Heejin to clean them up. “What’s wrong? Is there anything bad with the food?” Heejin asked the lady who was breathing heavily. “You call that food? That’s disgusting! Why would you serve such things? Rotten meat. Yikes!” Sohee complained and took her bottle of mineral water, gulping them down to ease herself. Hyerim formed a frown on her forehead and mumbled, “It’s a normal spaghetti though. Moron.”

 

“I heard that!”

 

“Shh,Hyerim. Let’s take these to the kitchen and dispose them.” Heejin smiled and brought the container to the kitchen as Hyerim cleaned the stain on the carpet. Jongin gently leaned Sohee in her seat and pat her shoulder, taking a bottle of mineral water that she kept and gave it to her. Sohee gradually became calm again and her breathing got normal. She shook her head slightly and continuously blinking her eyes to get rid of the sight she saw just now. Jongin just watched her doing her things before he teared up some of his sandwich and gave it to her.

 

“No,it’s okay. Eat it. You might starve.” Jongin said after Sohee tried to refuse his offer. Sohee stared at him for a while before she took the sandwich from his hand, mouthing a ‘thank you’ as she started to eat the sandwich. At least it tasted better when somebody else gave their food to you.

 

Jongin had been monitoring Sohee’s movement for a while now. After the spaghetti incident that occurred thirty minutes ago, Sohee had been crossing and uncrossing her legs multiple times. He started to notice that she was being restless. He then leaned his back against his seat and looked out of the window,his chin being supported by his palm as he was deep in thought. “Hallucinations,increase of motor activity…” Jongin glanced at Sohee again to check and nodded as he confirmed himself that Sohee was being restless. Suddenly she covered both of her ears using her hands and shaking her head.

 

“No..no. I don’t hear anything!” Sohee mumbled to herself. A frown started to form on Jongin’s forehead as he watched her. Somehow something was wrong with her. The changes in her reminded him of something bad.

 

Jongin flinched a bit as Sohee reached for his arm on the armrest and squeezing it. “Jongin, I think the killer is going to murder me next. Iㅡ”

 

“Shh, don’t say that. You’ll be fine.” Jongin assured her and smiled. ‘Paranoia,’ he thought to himself after Sohee calmed down for a bit but she was still being nervous with everything around her. It was weird considering that she was a Psychiatrist and having to go through all the signs. At least shouldn’t she knew how to manage the emotions? Chiyeon could only monitor Sohee’s behaviour from afar and couldn’t help but to notice the symptoms she was going through,too.

 

“I think I n-need to go to the lavatory again.” Sohee stuttered and quickly got up from her seat, organizing her steps towards the lavatory. The two Happy Pills employees could only watch her heading off and Chiyeon just shrugged her shoulders when she exchanged glances with Jongin.

 

“Why are you two exchanging glances?” Chanyeol who noticed their act began to interrupt them. Jongin blinked his eyes upon his question and answered, “Something is wrong with Sohee. She shows the symptoms of drug induced. Something like Psychosis.” Chanyeol had his eyes wide opened as Jongin stated that before he leaned in close. “Don’t tell me any of you give her drug, do you?” Chanyeol whispered to both of his employees and Jongin could only turn to Chiyeon to answer that question. “Don’t give me that look! I just give her Paracetamols,okay?”

 

“Whatever it is, make sure nobody touch my suitcase, ever.” Chanyeol warned them sternly and the other two could only nod at his command.

 

“No! Don’t kill me!” Sohee’s scream echoed in the spacious airplane as she was being comforted by a few passengers at the back. “Sohee,calm down!” Heejin tried her best to keep the lady calm. Sohee was shielding herself with her arms as Heejin pulled her into a hug and her head gently. They could hear Sohee saying things like ‘I saw the killer!’ and ‘Jihye is still alive!’ in between her cries. Jongdae who sat at the front could only peeked from his seat and feeling hopeful when he heard that but he knew it’s not true. His true love had left him.

 

Heejin and Hoseok guided Sohee back to her seat and let her lay back on it. Heejin went off to take a cup of water while Hoseok tried to comfort her along with Jongin. “I think you need more rest,” Jongin spoke as he adjusted Sohee’s seat so that she could lay down and rest again. Sohee inhaled deeply and sighed. A  few drops of sweat were visible on her forehead as she was still not be able to calm down but the cold air coming from the aircond slowly dried her sweat. As soon as she felt a bit better, Jongin advised her to sleep which she agreed because that would be the only solution she could take to calm herself. And so she closed her eyes and tried to sleep.

 

“This is getting worse,”

 

“I need to escape before the killer got me.”

 

“Yes,that’s it. I’m going to get out of this plane!”

 

Sohee slowly lifted her eyelids and turned to her right only to find Jongin sleeping in his seat. It was a bit dark as the lights went off. It must be night time already and everyone was fast asleep. “How long did I actually fall asleep?” She asked herself before she quietly got up from her seat and tiptoed all the way back to the end of the plane where the emergency exit was located at. She was looking for a bag of parachute that she could use to jump off the plane. At least by that way she could still land safely.

 

“Found it!” She yelped as she found the bag and put it on herself. When she got herself ready she looked at the dark path and saw someone was coming to her way. Her eyes widen as the figure came closer so she quickly reached for anything nearby and hovered it towards the figure. “Don’t come any closer!”

 

“Whoa calm down,Sohee. It’s me. Chiyeon.” She said with both of her hands up in front of her to avoid Sohee from doing harmful act. Sohee breathed heavily as she pointed the steel she was holding towards Chiyeon. Chiyeon tried to calm herself before she started asking Sohee questions.

 

“What are you doing here? Why are you wearing that parachute bag?” Chiyeon asked timidly. Sohee carefully moved towards the emergency exit as Chiyeon approached her closer.She’s starting to get panicked with Chiyeon’s presence and decided to hold on the handle of the exit. “Don’t come nearer. I know you want to kill me! Go away!” Sohee threatened her again as she held the handle tight.

 

“I do know you are having a crush on Hoseok,Yoo Chiyeon. And you are trying to get rid of me so you can have him!” Sohee said,earning a gasp of disbelief from Chiyeon. “Sohee,you have got it wrong!” Chiyeon defended as she tried to get Sohee away from the door but Sohee was bold.Chiyeon widened her eyes when Sohee started to put some force on the handle, but her surprised expression faded and soon turned into a smirk.

 

“Well, I think you made a good choice.” Chiyeon spoke. Sohee frowned at Chiyeon’s statement and tilted her head a bit. “W-what do you mean?” The younger lady just laughed at her confusion and daringly got closer to her. “You,choosing to get off from this plane, is the best choice you have ever made. And you’re probably correct about me getting rid of you.” Chiyeon uttered quietly and reached for a bar on her side.

 

“Goodbye,Choi Sohee.” Chiyeon smiled and pushed down the handle Sohee was holding, making the door opened widely as the high pressure from the inside pushed Sohee off from the plane. Sohee screamed at the top of her lungs as she fell off from the plane but nobody could hear her scream. She did not ask for this,but she had made her decision. It’s time for her to die other than being killed in that hellish plane.

 

At least she could die happy.

 

Or did she?

 

“Sohee! Wake up!” Jongin’s voice echoed in her ear as she was shaken by him. Sohee opened up her eyes and breathed heavily before sitting up properly. She touched her face and her body,checking if she was okay. “I..I’m not dead?”

 

“You aren’t but my ears did! Why are you even screaming in your sleep? God.” Jongin complained as he shook his head. Sohee blinked her eyes a few times before she saw Hyesun coming on her way. “What do you want to eat? Spaghetti or ham and eggs sandwich?” The young flight attendant asked after she approached them. Sohee was dumbfounded when Hyesun asked that. Realising Sohee’s being blank,Jongin ordered two ham and eggs sandwiches for both of them.

 

“Now,that felt familiar.” Sohee mumbled to herself as she recalled the scene where Hyesun asked her about the meal.

 

Chiyeon watched Sohee from behind her seat and slyly smiled at her mischief. She looked at the cylinder bottle she was holding and arched her right eyebrow.

 

Amphetamine,

Please take as prescribed. Side effects may occurred.’

 

Chiyeon frowned a bit at the sight but shrugged her shoulders ignorantly.  “Oops. No wonder she went through the Psychosis episode.I gave her Amphetamine instead of Paracetamols?”