Still The Same Eyes

A Semester Abroad

 

Welcome to the second chapter:)

Just so you know: If something is in "these" boys they are talking english, and if it is in 'these' it's korean. Just to make it clear:)

Enjoy~

__________________________________________________

'Yah. Who's there?', I heard someone asking. Fortunately I could understand that. After watching korean dramas for over 5 years now, I'd picked up a bunch of vocublary - the only real problem for me was the writing. 'Is it manager hyung?'

Mark stand still, didn't answer, staring at me. I started getting doubts. What if he didn't recognize me at all. What if he imagined me to be different. What if? Slowly he raised his hands, took of my sunglasses and looked me in the eye. My heart probably skipped a beat when he leaned forward and our noses were touching. "Wha.. What are you doing?", I asked timidly, as he suddenly grabbed my wrist and drew me into their cabin. "Whoaa", I nearly would've fallen over my own feet if he hadn't grabbed me that tightly. 

With a fast kick he closed the door and.. hugged me? "I'm so glad you're here, Mila", he whispered into my ear. Hearing my vanished nickname was both, nice and awkward at the same time. Nobody's called me like that for ages now. 'Somebody we know Mark? Somebody we should know?', I heared different voices laughing and giggling behind Mark's back, but I couldn't see them. Probably because my face was buried in his chest and I had closed my eyes. Inhaling the smell. Grabbing him tightly. I really missed him all this time.

Gradually we let go of each other and I noticed that I had lost my mask somewhere. But it didn't matter anymore. I blushed when I looked him in the eye again, remembering the nights we shared. Sleeping next to each other under the sky near the campfire. Those were still the same eyes as then.

'Guys, that's the girl I've told you about. Mila, those are my..', he stopped for a moment, not knowing if I'd understand his korean. 'Go on', I said in the most perfect korean that could ever come out of my mouth and smiled. 'Those are my friends. Together we are Got7' Silence. A lot of silence. They starred at me and I starred at them. One of them got up. 'Well. Welcome to the family then, Mila. I've heard loads of things about you and I'd love to find out if they're true', he sayed and laughed. 'No matter what Mark said, it's absolutely not true!', I laughed too.

We all got along very well. Mark was still the same funny slightly shy guy I've always known and the other members were all super nice. There was Bam Bam (who gave me some chocolate to make me happy 'It's not easy to be so far away from home and not knowing which sweets are good!'), JB (who showed me some key moves of the performance they were doing later) and Jackson (who did a little welcome free style rap for me). Yugyeom, Youngjae and Jr. tried to teach me some lyrics so I could sing a long but because I didn't know their songs it was a little difficult. For the first time being in Korea I felt like home. And that even though I didn't knew any of them just a day ago.

At the moment I was sitting on my couch at home, eating some sweet potato chips and watching Got7's new show. 2 more weeks had gone by, and we tried to meet as often as their schedules and mine allowed us too. We drank a lot of coffee at cafes and went to the cinema. (We even went to the amusement park once, but that didn't work out well because of all the fans screaming and shouting)

They were performing their new single Fly and I loved it. Really. I did. Eventhough I wasn't really into kpop. But, to be honest, slowly I was sliding into the kpop world. I was listening to BTS songs a lot and I had found out that Namjoon, who I met in the supermarket, was the leader of that group. I've also met him a few times because Got7 and BTS are actually really close. He's a nice guy with a weird sense of humour but I still came to like him a lot.

'When we come out of the tunnel I’ll brightly shine on you' Jackson ends their performance with the last words of their song. Screaming and shouting of the fans and the camera switched to another stage. Another group was performing now, but I didn't really know them. I counted seven of them again and they performed a rather slow song. At first I wanted to switch of the TV because I'd seen what I wanted to see, but I couldn't. Those lyrics hit me.

In a few years later, after today
After all the time has gone by
Would each of us have become our own person
and be living well
After I’m done longing for you
for as much as I can and have been hurt enough
At that time, I need to let go of your hand.

I didn't recognize the tears in my eyes at first, until they ran down my cheeks. I was crying. I can't remember the last time I cried. Well, actually I do. It was when my ex-boyfriend and I broke up half a year ago. We've been together for over 2 years and the break up really hurt. I shaked my head, wanted to bury those feelings of regret again. I switched the TV off.

Two days after. I was waiting in line at my local phone shop. I would finally get a korean phone number and I couldn't wait for it. Probably the first thing I'll be doing with it was texting Mark and Namjoon. Meeting up would be easier now that I was always available. Also, I could finally reactivate my Instagram account and post pictures of my korean life. And I could text my parents at home and my best friends. I wonder how they're doing without me.

I thanked the employee and activated my phone with the new SIM card. While walking home I typed the PIN in and texted Mark and Namjoon that I got a phone, lastly. After that, I texted my mom and told her how I liked Korea. I also sent a picture to my BFF back home of me walking down the streets. She'll know I'm still alive then.

'Yah.', I heard Marks voice behind me. I smiled and turned around. But he didn't smile back. I looked into those eyes. The eyes of my very first love. They were still of the same warm color. 'I know you're hiding something. You didn't tell me something. I don't know what you think, but I'll always like you and you can't do anything that would change that fact. Believe me in that.' 'What are you talking about Mark?' 'I see your face. You hide it, but when you're alone you look so depressed. I'll help you if I can..', he striked my cheek with his hand. 'I'm alright, I'm just a bit homesick. Don't worry', I tried to look as happy as possible. 'If you say so', he didn't believe me at all but still let it go.

'We're going to a restaurant to celebrate our performance today. The others would be happy if you come too', his eyes changed a bit. Jealousy. 'I'd love to come.', I replied smiling. 'You're my best friend Mark', after I said that his eyes changed again. Relief. Oh, how good I still knew him. I could never ever forget those eyes. After all they're still the same.