My Very First Real Love

A Semester Abroad

 

So yeah. Here I was. In the midst of a supermarket in South Korea, not able to read anything and desperately searching for a hint what could be good. After the noodle dilemma yesterday (I don't even wanna think about it anymore) I needed something good to eat and I knew that always ordering a pizza wasn't really the solution to my problem here.

I came to Korea about a week ago, which I mostly spent setting up my apartment and getting to know the area. Tomorrow my korean lectures will finally start and I'll eventually be able to read those crazy korean signs. Also my 'normal' life will start from tomorrow onwards. I will go to university and continue my study here for the next semester, which is about 6 months.

"Do you need some help?", someone asked and I was surprised that someone here actually spoke english. I turned to where the voice came from and saw a tall boy - no, a tall man - standing in front of me. He had bleached hair and wore one of those ridiculous surgical masks. "Do you?", he asked again with a deep straight voice. "Ah.. yes, I could actually need some help. I can't read korean yet..", I answered and smiled a bit. I don't know if I'd ever get used to people wairing these masks in public.

A few minutes later I had a basket full of food I liked - or food he sayed I should definitely try. The guy introduced himself as Namjoon and helped me secure the basket on my bicycle again (I actually can't count the times my mom scolded me for not having a driving license yet). I thanked him politely and we parted. Little did I know at that time, that we would meet again just a few hours later..

After a short ride I arrived at home and stowed the groceries in my kitchen (which was basically the living room because my apartment wasn't that big). I checked the time on my phone - I had to hurry now. After a quick shower and changing my clothes I rushed out of the house and ran to the bus stop. Actually, I had about 20 minutes time until the bus would arrive but I wanted to make sure that I definitely would not miss it. Today was an important day. Today I was going to meet him.

He and I had known each other for years, we met in high school when he spent his holidays in my city. I wouldn't say it was magical but we've felt some kind of connection between us and so we tried to keep contact. We mostly used email and he would send me postcards from wherever he was going. It was about a year ago that he told me he had became an idol in Korea. At first I thought he was joking, but I've known that he always had that passion with music and dance so it was understandable. He was probably the reason why I decided to do my semester abroad here, in Korea. Enough of that now.

After a bus ride of over an hour I had arrived at he building where he said we should meet. Well.. he didn't really say we should meet, but he sent me a backstage pass, so I just assumed I should come. I went past a store window and stopped for a bit. As a foreigner I was always drawing attention to myself, wherever I was going. In order to hide my eyes I had put on dark sunglasses in the morning and now I drew one of those surgery masks out of my pocket. A week ago I wouldn't have thought I would ever wear one of those.

Getting in wasn't that of a problem, I just showed my pass and they waved me through. In there, I didn't know where to go. There were probably hundreds of fitting rooms for the idols. Probably normal for shows like this. I'm not really into kpop so I didn't know any of the group names which were written on the doors.

"Ya.", I heared the same voice again. "How come you're here?", it was the same guy as in the supermarket. Again I turned to him and this time he didn't wear the mask. He smiled and I could see that he had adorable dimples. "I'm searching for someone..", I sayed slowly. The more proper question was why he was here. That could only mean he was an idol too. I cursed myself for not knowing anyone in the kpop world, perhaps I would've recognized him earlier.

Namjoon looked at the pass and pointed at a door a few meters away. "Got7 is in there, if they are who you're searching for", then he smiled again. What a weird guy.. Shouldn't he be concerned why I'm here. Doesn't matter now. I turned and left him standing here. "See you" "Hopefully", he laughed.

When I knocked at the door, he opened. Eventhough he now wore expensive clothes, had a whole lot of makeup on and dyed hair, he still looked the same for me. That was Mark. My very first real love.

 

____________________________________________

 

I hope you liked it:)

This is my first fanfic so please be gentle. I'd love if you'd comment:)