Him (2)

Recharge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a sunny day. Summer had just started, just like the day they first met. In fact, it was the same day one year ago when they met in a park and she was hiding in one of the many boxes scattered around the place. He remembered being extremely nervous, his heart beating madly at the thought of meeting his future wife. It was funny at the beginning. Why would he have a wife at the age of 21? What could he do as a husband considering his obvious lack of experience, which was limited to a few odd dates during high school. 

No matter how ridiculous he felt it was in the beginning, by the time he went to meet her, he was a nervous wreck, even though he found out who she was just before he met her.

And now, one year had passed, and here he was at the same park, standing at the same spot when he had greeted her before. The only difference was, there was no Joy in front of him. There was no Joy smiling her eye smile at him, laughing aloud at his jokes. 

He missed her. Oh, how he missed her. Sometimes, he thought about her, especially when he was alone in his room. Sometimes, when he thought about her, no matter what the memory was, funny or sad, he felt pain at the left side of his chest. Who knew a 22 year old boy would experience such pain. The pain of heartbreak. He knew it was that, heartbreak. He knew because he had felt the same pain that day, when they had said goodbye. 

He refused to remember that day. He was good at forgetting bad memories. Sometimes images of her on that day came to his mind but he would push them away. He would choose to remember her at her brightest, at her happiest. He would remember he glowing face, her wide smile. Most of all, he would remember the soft look in her eyes when she looked at him, the faint smile on her lips when she was touched by him, the pink blush on her cheeks when he teased and pushed her buttons a little bit.

He was about to leave when he saw the vision that he had missed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter