Final.

Choice.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Well, enjoy!

 

 

The dinner between the both families was filled with cheers, laughters and happiness as the families' intention finally fulfilled at the marriage between their children. Since they were young, these families have been promising to each other for them to become one big family once their children grew older thus the arrange marriage between their children. 

Their friendships over these past years have developed into one big family, they couldn't be happier. Their children get along very well since they were kids, that put their hope high along these years by watching they grow up together. 

"Miyoung, why are you not eating? Is the food bad?" An old woman suddenly blurted in affection at the young woman she had treated as her own daughter over these past years and her soon-to-be daughter in law in a few months. 

The young woman named Miyoung startled at the sudden question, lifting her head and gave a small smile. "No, the food is fine, u-umma." she almost flinched at the last word, knowing the different meaning of that word after this even though she used to call the old woman that these past years since she was still a kid. 

"Aigoo, you must be so nervous." the old woman laughed a little, teasing her soon-to-be daughter in law. 

"Umma, don't ." Another voice quipped up beside her. "Here Tiffany, you need to eat more." more food were place on her plate, the owner of the voice was smiling at her. 

"Aigoooo~! Look at these kids. So sweet." another old woman squealed. "Just like us when we were younger, right honey?" she asked her smiling husband.

"Mommy." The young woman warned, totally uncomfortable with the teasing as she glanced around. 

"What? You guys are definitely cute with each other. Aigooo~! Look at them being embarrassed like that." she pointed at the young couple, laughing softly. 

The rest continued to tease the young ones, obviously happy with full of laughters and smiles. They keep talking about how cute they are when they are being tease etc. 

It was until a sudden movement at the end of the big table caught their attention when the figure stood up. "Excuse me. I need to go to the restroom." the silent figure through the night finally opened , smiling politely before she walked away from the table.

Tiffany excused herself as well, immediately followed the young woman to the restroom. She managed to stop the young woman from closing the restroom's door. 

"Taeyeon.." she caught the woman's wrist when the latter ignored her presence while walking towards one of the stall. "Taetae.." she swallowed.

Taeyeon yanked her hand off from Tiffany's grip, continued her walk towards the stall and close the door with a loud bang. Tiffany swallowed her tears, locked the restroom's door before approaching the stall Taeyeon just entered, leaning her head on it. 

"Taetae, I'm sorry. I am really sorry." she tried to stifled her sobs. "Please, open this door. Let's talk." she pleaded, knowing the reason Taeyeon suddenly acting like this. 

A few minutes filled with Tiffany's sobs as she waited Taeyeon to come out, pleading between her cries but was ignored by the person she loved the most. She's not going to leave nor give up until she finally can talk to Taeyeon about everything. 

She keep trying until the door finally opened and an emotionless girl walked out, ignoring Tiffany's presence as she walked towards the sink and washed her hands. Taeyeon wiped her hands and was attempted to leave the restroom but was held back a hug from Tiffany from behind. 

"Tae.. Please listen to me. I-I love you, so much. Please." 

"Did you really?" The girl finally opened , asking her coldly with a bitter sneer. 

Tiffany inhaled sharply before she forcefully turned Taeyeon around. "You doubted me?" her eyes showed the latter how much hurt she was when she heard Taeyeon's question.

"I don't know. I'm not the one who's getting married." she pushed Tiffany away and staring at her coldly, emotionlessly. 

Tiffany swallowed. "You know I never had the choice." she doesn't like the look Taeyeon was giving her. It was hurting her so much. 

"That's a bull." Taeyeon replied bitterly. "You always have a choice but you never had the guts to make one." she shook her head. "It's time for us to break this off." 

It feels like a huge bomb fell on her when she heard that. She panicked. "No, what are you talking about, Taeyeon?" she reached out to take Taeyeon's hand but the latter avoid her touch, making the fear gripped her heart tighter. 

"I have no choice, Miyoung." 

That words slapped Tiffany hard on her face. She started to cry again, "No, please. Baby. Please." she tried to hug Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon pushed her, "Do not call me that. You have no right anymore." she realized how much hurt the words are for both of them but she had grown numb at this rate. 

"Tae.. I love you. Please don't do this to me." Tiffany pleaded. 

Taeyeon's eyes widened in disbelief. "Do what?! Everything was in your hands and it's clearly whom you've choose! You are now my brother's fiancee, Hwang Miyoung! This is wrong!" Taeyeon said, clenching her teeth at the truth of their situation. "You're the one who shouldn't do this to me!" she added bitterly.

"I have no choice, Taeyeon!" Tiffany exclaimed, frustrated. 

Her eyes were pleading but no words can describe how she felt. Everything was a mess and it's making her feel miserable. She has never feel like this before and it's frustrated her. She was never thought their life would be like this. She loved Taeyeon very much but she was a coward, she admitted that.

"That's a bull, Tiffany Hwang and you know it!" Taeyeon shouted back. "You're a coward. Selfish. You know that? Here I am, trying to fight for us. But because of your fear, your cowardice, you blew our love up. All that fears of yours, blind you of our love. Or does it ever exist?" Taeyeon questioned, eyes red with anger. 

Tiffany was hurt but she can't deny what Taeyeon said was true. 

"Do you ever wonder how I felt? You're making me feel what we have been through together means nothing. Our love means nothing." 

"Tae, that's not true and you know it." Tiffany whispered softly, her heart breaking once again.

"I don't know, honestly, right now." Taeyeon had to admitted that hurtful fact. 

Tiffany doesn't know what else she could do to explain so she grabbed Taeyeon's face between her hands and smashed her lips on Taeyeon's, kissing the latter aggressively, pouring all of it into the kiss. Taeyeon tried to push her but Tiffany's grip on her was strong so she ended up letting Tiffany do whatever on her without giving any respond. 

The push and the lack of respond hurt her so much but she knew that's all her fault. She had turned Taeyeon into someone she was not. The hurt she had caused her did all this to Taeyeon. 

She broke down, grasping Taeyeon's collar with so much strength, afraid to lose her for real should she let her go. "Please.. Taetae. Please. I don't want to lose you. Please, Taeyeon-ah." she begged between her sobs.

"Then you should know what you were suppose to do, Miyoung. You can't be this selfish. Have you ever wonder about my feelings? It hurts. Were all those I love you's, I can't live without you's was all lies? Was all what we had was a lie Miyoung? Did you ever love me? Are you ashamed of me?" 

"Tae.. How could you say that to me? I love you with all my heart! I would die for you! You know what we had was precious to me. You are precious to me, Tae. I-I love you so much that it hurts for hurting you, Taeyeon. Don't say I am ashamed of you, of what we have because you are the best thing that ever happened to me, baby." 

"Really? Doesn't seems like it, Tiffany. You don't do this to the person you love. You don't even wanna fight with me! You are a coward Tiffany! Selfish!" Taeyeon's eyes was teary in anger.

Taeyeon was being cold and harsh on Tiffany since their parents had announced the marriage between Tiffany and her brother. She turned bitter and was far away from her old self. Hurting Tiffany this way wasn't her plan but she was too numb and hurt. 

She resented Tiffany for doing this just to please their parents. She hated the fact that Tiffany wasn't brave enough to make a choice. It feels like she wasn't worth any of Tiffany's sacrifices and it hurts her so much that they have to went through all this just because of their parents.

She knew how tough it is for Tiffany but she couldn't deny how hurt she was when Tiffany doesn't seems want to fight with her just because of the fear she's feeling. Saying she wasn't afraid would be a lie but she wanted to make their relationship work but herself alone won't be enough.

Tiffany sobbed harder. She knew what Taeyeon said was all right. She loves Taeyeon so much that she was afraid to lose her source of strength, her happiness, her star, her muse, her everything but she was confused on what to do. 

Taeyeon sighed exasperatedly as she run her hand on her hair. "I'm sorry, Miyoung-ah. I.. I-I wasn't getting back on you but this is for the best. You choose him. This is wrong. We can't. We have to stop this." she muttered bitterly. 

"I didn't choose him, Tae. You should know that you would be the only one that I would choose. But I have no choice Taeyeon. I am afraid. I don't want to lose you. I love you but I don't know what to do. I am so confused." Tiffany whimpered, feeling helpless and confused above all. "Tell me what to do, Taeyeon-ah. I don't want to lose you." she choked. 

"Fany-ah, love isn't just enough. You know that." Taeyeon smiled sadly. "There's nothing we could do, Tiffany. Things have been done. Now it's time for you to let me go." Taeyeon sadly muttered. She cupped Tiffany's cheeks and kissed her softly. "Let me go, Miyoung." she whispered.

"No.." Tiffany brought Taeyeon closer to her. "I don't want to lose you." she muttered painfully as she deepened the kiss. 

"Miyoung, it's too late right now. We can't do anything. Let me go." she pleaded softly as she pulled away, her heart breaking as well.

Tiffany gripped Taeyeon's neck tighter and fussed their lips back, not wanting to hear anything. 

A few knocks make Taeyeon forcefully pulled away with much strength since Tiffany wasn't letting go. Her heart stung when she saw Tiffany cried. She never seen Tiffany broke down like this before. 

The hold on Taeyeon's collar tightened, making her knuckle turned white. "Please. Baby, please. I love you. I don't want to lose you." she pleaded. "We can be together. Nothing's going to change. My status might be his but my heart is yours! Nothing is going to change, Tae." 

"Everything is going to change Tiffany and I know you know that. We can't do this. It's not fair for him and for me. For you, as well. I am sorry." she kissed Tiffany's forehead softly, swallowed her tears from falling. She knew she had no choice neither since it's all clear what their future are. She just wish Tiffany had the guts to fight with her then all these would have been different.

"Steph? Taeyeon? You guys here?" a voice they knew with a few more knocks. 

Taeyeon gulped. "I love you. Don't ever forget that okay?" she forced Tiffany to let go of her collar and grabbed Tiffany's hands when the latter tried to hold her hands. She stepped back, "I'm sorry... sis." she let go of the hands and quickly walked out of the restroom, ignoring the surprised look from the older woman behind the door.

"Tiff? Oh my." Michelle quickly entered the restroom and locked the door, pulling her sister into her embrace. She knew, the only person knew about their relationship. 

"Sis.. I've lost her. What should I do..?" Tiffany broke down in her sister's embrace. 

"I'm sorry, Steph. I am sorry." Michelle sighed silently, feeling sympathy towards her sister and Taeyeon whose she had grown to treated as her own sister. She wanted to help but she don't know how. 

"I love her, Mich. I love her so much." Tiffany sobbed, clutching her sister's dress.

"I know, sweetheart. I know." she brought Tiffany closer, comforting her while silently wishing there could be something to solve this matter. She couldn't bear to see her two sisters suffer like this.  


---


A group of kids suddenly emerged from nowhere caught her by surprise, causing her to stop at her track while watching the kids with those pair of innocent eyes, confused. One of them were talking to her but she couldn't understand what the girl said since she just had moved from States a few days ago and her Korean was limited, so she ended up staring at the girl in pure confusion.

Another girl stepped up and said something to her, sounding so mad through her voice and expression. She was confused but turned terrified when the girl suddenly pushed her flat onto the ground. 

She cowered in fear and began to cry when another girl pulled her hair, from the tone of her voice, it seems like the girl was mocking her. 

"YAH!" A petite girl ran towards them from a far and pushed the girl away from Tiffany before shielding her small body in front of Tiffany, glaring towards the girls.

"Yah! What is your problem, Taeyeon?!" The girl on the ground exclaimed in anger, glaring at the small girl.

"What is YOUR problem? Why are you guys bothering Tippany?" Taeyeon scowled. "Go away before I tell this on teacher!" she warned, frowning in anger. 

The girl scoffed loudly. "Why are you defending this kyopo girl? She can't even speak Korean!" she exclaimed as she throw some small rocks towards the crying girl behind Taeyeon.

"Yah! You bad girls. Just go away!" Taeyeon moved her body to shield Tiffany more despite her petite body. She took a deep breath, "TEACHER!!" she hollered loudly when the girls ignored her words as they continued throwing some small rocks towards Tiffany.

The girls gasped and immediately scurried away, afraid to be caught. 

Taeyeon scoffed in displeasure before she turned around and squatted in front Tiffany, trying to look at the girl's face. She tapped her shoulder, "Pany-ah." she titled her head lower to take a glimpse of Tiffany's face. 

A whimper escaped from Tiffany mouth as she raised her head and looked at Taeyeon with her innocent teary eyes, jutting her lower lips. 

"Yah, uljima. Cry, no no. Smile, yes yes." Taeyeon tried to speak english for Tiffany to understand. She put her fists on her eyes, "No." she shook her head before she imitated Tiffany's eye-smiles and pointed on her eyes, "Yes yes." she nodded her head. 

Taeyeon's acted brought an eye-smiles on Tiffany's face as she let out a cute giggle. "Taetae is silly." she spoke between her giggles.

"Haaaa, yes yes! Smile, yes yes!" Taeyeon grinned. She reached her hand out to Tiffany to take it, "Up up. Down, dirty, no no. Umma, mommy angrehhh." she shook her head cutely.

Tiffany took her hand and let Taeyeon pulled her up. She winched a little at the sudden pain and watched Taeyeon dusting her uniform before the latter realized Tiffany's scrapped elbow and knee. 

"Yah, you hurt." Taeyeon frowned.

"It hurts." Tiffany told Taeyeon cutely in Korean, one of few words she knew. 

Taeyeon nodded as she held Tiffany's hand and brought Tiffany to their school infirmary. As the nurse aid Tiffany, Taeyeon found Hello Kitty band-aid and gave it to the nurse. "Pani likes pink." she told the young woman. 

The young woman smiled, "Aigoo, cute kids." she patted Taeyeon and Tiffany's head after she had done aid Tiffany. "Be careful next time." she waved them off with a smile as she looked at the cute kids holding hands as they walked out of the room.

"Ice cream?" Taeyeon asked. 

Tiffany brightened, nodding her head happily. "Strawberry!" she pointed at the board variety of ice creams on it. "Me, strawberry. Taetae, vanilla?" she asked. 

Taeyeon nodded happily. "Ung, vanilla!" she grinned as she held Tiffany's hand while ordering their ice cream. "Ahjussi, put that a lot in strawberry ice cream! My friend likes it!" she pointed at the colorful chocolate sprinkles on the board.

"Taetae, want some?" Tiffany offered her ice cream with a smile as they sat on the bench at the park, beside each other. 

Taeyeon leaned forward and took a small bit of Tiffany's ice cream before she offered hers and watched Tiffany did the same towards her ice cream, smiling widely at the younger girl. 

Tiffany leaned forward and pecked Taeyeon's cheek quickly, smiling shyly as she looked away. 

Taeyeon poked Tiffany's shoulder, "Why kisseu?" she titled her head in confusion. 

"It's a thank you kiss. Mommy always kiss me when she thanked me for something." she beamed proudly. "So, I wanted to give Taetae a kiss for saving me earlier." 

Taeyeon slowly nodded. "Oh, do we have to kiss someone when we want to thank them?" 

Tiffany wondered for a while before she shook her head. "No, only to someone special. Taetae is special to me." she eye-smiled. 

"Then, can Taetae kiss Pany?" 

"Why?" Tiffany asked confusedly.

"Because Pany is special to Taetae too!" 

 

"Miyoung?" A deep manly voice entered her eardrum, successfully shook her from her thoughts making the little smile on her face disappeared. 

She forced a smile, "Oh, oppa." she stood up and greeted the man with a hug before immediately broke it when she saw another presence behind the guy. She gulped as their eyes met before the latter looked away. 

"Umma can't come so I asked Taetae to accompany us. I'm sure you don't mind right?" He smiled as he lunged an arm on Taeyeon's shoulder warmly, knowing how inseparable they are. 

Her heart ached for Taeyeon. She knew it must be painful for Taeyeon to follow but she can't deny she missed the girl terribly. The latter have been avoiding her since the day they broke up. 

"O-of course oppa." she smiled a little at the guy before she looked at the girl beside him with longing and regret in her eyes. "Have you had a breakfast yet?" she asked both of them as they took a seat each in front of her. 

"Not yet." He answered before he turned to another person. "Taeyeon-ah, what do you want to eat?" He asked her sister whom playing with her phone, trying to busy herself. 

"I'm not hungry oppa. You just go ahead." 

Tiffany frowned unconsciously, "You have to eat, Taetae. Otherwise, your gastric will come back." she told the girl without her realize. It was like a habit to nag Taeyeon whenever the girl refused to eat causing the girl to get sick. She wouldn't want the same thing happen to Taeyeon awhile ago when she was sick, she literally went panicked and cry a river watching how Taeyeon suffered from the pain.

Taeyeon cleared , "I'm going to be fine." she answered without looking up from her phone, trying to sound normal.

"Okay..." He was confused on her sister's behaviour but shrugged it off. "Tiffany, you want something? I could get something for you." He turned to Tiffany and smiled warmly.

"It's okay oppa. I already had my breakfast." she smiled a little, obviously trying to mask her hurt at Taeyeon's coldness.

"Alright. Tae, you sure you don't want something? Oppa will order it for you. Coffee or something?" he asked his sister once again.

"Oppa, you can bring her a hot chocolate and a sandwich. Your sister doesn't drink coffee, oppa." Tiffany insisted on getting Taeyeon something to eat. She doesn't want Taeyeon to skip breakfast like she usually did. 

"Ah, right right. I forgot about that." he chuckled, ruffling Taeyeon's hair. "Alright then, I'll be back girls." He smiled and left the table, leaving the two in uncomfortable silence. They never had this kind of atmosphere before and it's awkward as hell. 

"You don't have to do that. I'm fine on my own." Taeyeon spoke flatly. 

"Taetae." Tiffany called softly and deflated when Taeyeon doesn't even want to looked at her. "Do you hate me that much that you can't even look at me?" she whispered painfully. 

Taeyeon sighed, "Don't make things harder, Tiffany." she muttered.

Tiffany swallowed the lump in and looked down as she held back her tears. I did this to us. She thought regretfully.

The silence in the car wasn't exactly awkward but it was uncomfortable for Tiffany and Taeyeon. They usually ganged up on Jiwoong and be all noisy together. They was so sure Jiwoong had suspected something had happened between them to be awkward like this but thankfully he didn't ask. They argued a lot though so it wasn't that all weird.

They soon reached the place and Taeyeon couldn't deny the hurt she's experiencing right now no matter how hard she masked it when she saw all those wedding dresses in the boutique. She exhaled and tried to calm herself, masking her aching heart with a small smile on her face.

To say Tiffany didn't saw that was a lie. She can read Taeyeon like a book. She was supposed to feel excited and squealing happily like she always did when she watched a show about wedding dresses on television, but right at the moment, all she can feel is pain and it's numbing her heart at the look on Taeyeon's face. 

"Hey Taeyeon-ah, as Tiffany's maid of honor, I trust her in your hands. Don't disappoint me, okay?" Jiwoong ruffled Taeyeon's hair affectionally. "See you girls." he left the girls by themselves. 

The words Jiwoong just uttered was like a million of knives stabbed them in the heart. It was obviously hurting both of them. Jiwoong must have thought that, obviously, since they both are practically inseparable.

"Taeyeon-ah." Tiffany looked at Taeyeon regretfully. "I'm sorry." she whispered, her eyes was starting to get teary. She hated herself more than Taeyeon probably hate her.

"Let's get you to try those dresses." Taeyeon simply said as she walked to find the staff. Tiffany trailed behind Taeyeon, feeling worst that she had to hurt her love like this as she tried to wipe her tears. 

They came in front of tons of beautiful dresses displayed in the small room. Other than common white dresses, there's a lot of impressive designs and colors to choose from. They both could be swooning over the dresses if it wasn't for their painful situation right now. 

"Let's choose the dress for the maid of honor first then." The staff smiled. "It wouldn't be a surprise if we choose for the beautiful bride first right?" she joked.

Taeyeon and Tiffany flinched as they faked a smile towards the staff. They were ushered to look at line of dresses. At the end, almost reluctantly, Taeyeon choose the simple one and try it out. 

"It's your turn now, Tiffany." Taeyeon mumbled quietly. 

Tiffany nodded as she went her way towards the dresses to choose while Taeyeon took a seat on the couch, starting to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter