Who Am I?

The Angel's Gate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hope you enjoy! [I have extended the chapters.]

Knock. Knock. Knock

 

“Come in.” With that Ga Eul pushed forth the door and was presented with a smiling woman in her 40s.

 

“Good afternoon Mrs. Kim. You wanted to see me?”

 

“Yes. Yes. Please have a seat.” Ga Eul did as she was asked and sat on the chair in front of principle; Ga Eul had placed her bag on top of her papers that lay on her thighs as she looked up with a soft smile.

 

“Ga Eul you have been working here for 4 years now, correct?”

 

“Yes madam.”

 

“Over these years all I have heard of you are compliments not only from the parents and their kids but also your fellow colleagues.” Mrs. Kim’s kind words widen Ga Eul’s smile.

 

“After much interpretation on your profile, I have decided to give you an offer.” Ga Eul’s smile vanished as she cocked her head towards Mrs. Kim. “Offer?”

 

“I heard you wanted to be able to finish college to be able to get a higher education?”

 

“Well that has been my long life dream. I was lucky enough you hired me without a degree.”

 

“Well I didn’t just hire you on the account of you being the daughter of my closest friend; your mother did ask me and I took you in consideration, but I have been proven that you are worth it Ga Eul.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“I have good news and bad news, which one would you like to hear first?” Ga Eul bit back her tongue, that sentence. ‘Why does everything have to remind me of Yi Jung? No Ga Eul not anymore, you promised you would look out for yourself only and not let Yi Jung’s tricks get to you.’ Ga Eul held her head high and smiled, “good news first?”

 

“Really? Knowing you I thought you would like to hear the bad news first and hear the good news at the end, as a happy ending?” Mrs. Kim was not only Ga Eul’s mother’s closest friend but also she was very close to Ga Eul just as another mother to her. ‘Why does everything have to revolve around Yi Jung?’ Ga Eul thought to herself, cursing the day Yi Jung met her.

 

“Ga Eul?”

 

“Hmm.” Ga Eul instantly snapped her head up.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“Deh. Please the good news first will do.”

 

“Alright, so the good news is that I have been speaking to some universities and there is a University that wants you to be there student and get your degree from them and they will be giving you a scholarship, that will cover all your tuition for as many years you decide to attend University or even graduate school.”

 

“Really!” Ga Eul’s eyes widened with shock and her face lit up with joy.

 

“The bad news…” Ga Eul’s face softened. ‘The bad news...Maybe it is a good thing to hear the bad news first and then the good. Damn you Yi Jung!’

 

“The University is in England, and you will have to go there to finish your studies. I have talked to your mother already and she doesn’t mind at all, as long as you are happy and willing to go towards your degree, she is happy for you and will support you. The decision is yours. You don’t have to answer right away. Take your time and then let me kno-”

 

“I will go!”

 

“Are you sure you don’t want think it over? It is a foreign land, and things will be different. I just want you to be 100% sure.”

 

“Thank you Mrs. Kim for your consideration, but I have decided, my education is calling for me and I can’t lose this chance.” Ga Eul raised her fist in the air and then pulled it down to show determination, which caused Mrs. Kim to grin at her actions.

 

“That is the Ga Eul I know. Okay I will let the University know and will get back to you soon as I arrange everything with them. Good luck Ga Eul! I know you can do it. We all believe in you.” Ga Eul nodded her head as she stood up.

 

“I won’t disappoint you!”

 

“I know you won’t.” With that Ga Eul shook Mrs. Kim’s outstretched hand and pushing in the chair headed outside of the office closing the door behind her. She leaned against the closed door, not for second did her smile decrease as she happily walked out the school.

 

“Ga Eul you are here!” Jan Di shouted as she noticed the girl walk into the F4 lounge where the F4 and Jan Di herself retired for the day. Yi Jung instantly look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter