- Delivery For You

Delivery for You [TaeKook Oneshot]



Jungkook! The next delivery is ready.“

A young man sighed, brushing his fringe – damp from the heat in the small restaurant kitchen – out of his eyes and received his 12th delivery for the night. His body was covered in plain black pants and a hideous yellow polo shirt with a name tag pinned to his chest that said his name - 'Jungkook'.

Driving the yellow motor scooter every night, 7 days a week, bringing fast food to unfriendly customers, drove him nuts, but there was nothing he could do but smile and wish for his shift to be over, since it was the only way he could pay his bills.

This night, though, seemed to be terribly hard on him. It had been pouring ever since his shift started, the wind pushing hard against the small weight of the scooter, and all customers so far had been the tiest peasants he had ever met – and they didn't even tip.

When Jungkook got up from the uncomfortable stool he had been sitting on for 5 glorious, precious minutes in which he wasn't making any money, he rolled his shoulders back and forth, trying to calm his aching muscles.

Hurry up, boy” his boss warned him, raising his hand as a hint of what he could expect if he didn't take to his heels. “The food won't be warm forever.”

Aish” Jungkook hissed under his breath and pulled in his head, cursing his jackass boss once again. Days were easier when he was absent, he pondered, way easier. Taking the bag and slinging it over his shoulder, he took a look at the tour he was making. Two rich- families, whose kids demanded pizza at least once a weak – some of those who never tip – and another delivery to a 20-story-apartment complex, which wasn't too far away from where Jungkook lived. It was a district popular by students or young people, since the rents were close to affordable. Jungkook could tell a thing or two about how hard it was to pay for a place on his own – take-out food was a luxury he couldn't afford.

As he drove through the early evening traffic, the sun slowly sinking to meet the horizon and tinting the sky in a gradient from gray to black, the harsh rain thrashed into Jungkook's face unmercifully.

By the time he had delivered pizzas, burgers and chicken to the newly rich, he was soaked to his underwear, his clothes sticking to his body unpleasantly. On his ride to the last customer of this tour, Jungkook killed time by imagining to be lying in a tub filled to the top with hot water and bubbles, whose scent filled his senses.

The honking of a car behind him shredded that daydream into a million pieces, though, and, swearing like a sailor, he drove past the traffic light. To his satisfaction, he had dawdled long enough for the bastard, who dared to rip him from his dreaming, to stand in front of the red light again.

Finally reaching his last destination – for now, anyway – Jungkook hopped off of the egg yolk-yellow scooter and peered at the address on his phone. The person was living in apartment 13F, which meant he was living on the 13th floor. Adding up to all the luck Jungkook had been blessed with that day, a paper sticking to the elevators immediately jumped into his eyes.

>Out of order<

Are you ing kidding me?” he cussed, kicking the metal doors as hard as he could and swallowed the stinging pain. “This bastard is better giving me a ing great tip.”

For the first time in his life, the black-haired young man was thankful for his parents forcing him to join the track team in high school. Even though he wasn't in the worst shape, sweat mingled with the rain on his forehead, and small drops of water ran down the sides of his head. His lungs stung, and every breath he took came out in huffing, gurgling noises.

His eyes scanned the hall for the door with '13F' written on it, but since he wasn't able to see it, he took a step forward, his legs almost giving out from exhaustion. After rounding a corner, the door was finally in reach, and Jungkook rang the door bell, putting on his most charming, tip-enticing smile. Who ever this Kim Taehyung person was – assuming that the elevator was out of order for a bit longer, he must be buff as fu-

Before Jungkook could end his thought, the door flew open.

The guy standing in the door frame was hardly any older than Jungkook, but an inch or two smaller. His hair was a medium brown and the bangs fell into his deep chocolate doe eyes. He wore a light gray, too-huge-for-his-body zip up jacket over marine-colored shorts, and Jungkook noticed the jacket being ped down to the height of his chest, revealing slightly tanned skin.

Jungkook became aware of his own jaw hanging open, and he was glad that he wasn't drooling. There was no denying that this guy was handsome – and a grand amount of cute.

There Jungkook was, wearing his hideous outfit, wishing a black hole would open up and him in.

H-hi” Jungkook stuttered, closing his mouth with his jaws clattering together. “I have a delivery for Kim Taehyung.”

That's me” his opposite answered, a boyish, square grin that showed his perfect teeth stretching on his lips.

A large pepperoni pizza with extra salami” Jungkook recited from the receipt, handing it Taehyung along with the box. And as he did so, he was shocked to find his fingers trembling. He prayed to God, Buddha, and every other god, that Taehyung didn't notice. “That'd be 15,600 won, then.”

Instead of taking the box or paying, Kim Taehyung tilted his head to the side and gave Jungkook a once-over. A lot of people have done this many times before for various reasons – some girls thought he was cute, others looked down on the uniform was wearing – but never had someone's eyes on him make his heart beat a little fast, pumping the blood through his veins a little quicker.

Aren't you freezing?” he asked all of a sudden, paralyzing the delivery boy into place. “You should come in. I can make you a tea.”

I, uh” Jungkook stammered in response. “I would love to, but, uh, I need to get back to work.”

A short-lived frown replaced Taehyung's smile, before he held up his index finger to signal Jungkook to wait. “I'll be right back!”

The young man disappeared around a corner, and Jungkook took the chance to sneak a peek into the apartment. He wasn't able to see much, only a small section from what, assumingly, was the living room. A couch stacked with pillows stood facing in the door's direction, and the coffee table in front of it was covered in books and papers. A college student?

Before he was able to take in any more details of the small apartment, Taehyung returned, holding something out in Jungkook's direction.

At least dry yourself off a little. I can't risk a cute deliver boy like you to get sick” he winked, and Jungkook took the fluffy white towel from his hand, holding it up like it was a treasure he had discovered. Hesitantly, he dried his hair and face off with it, feeling the other male's gaze on him the whole time.

When he was done, he returned the towel to Taehyung with a shy smile. “Thanks.”

Said person threw it over his shoulder, digging for something in the pockets of his shorts. When he pulled it out again, he was holding two 10,000 won bills, folding them together and swapping them with the pizza box.

The rest's for you” he smiled, his eyes forming into crescent moons charmingly. “Have a safe trip home and don't get sick.”

Jungkook bowed, unsure of what to answer, and mumbled a small “thank you” mid turning around. As the door fell shut in his back, Jungkook huffed loudly, letting his shoulders hang. He pulled the wallet out of his pant pocket and was just about to stuff the bills into it, when something fell out from them. Jungkook's eyes caught a scrap of paper slowly gliding to the floor. He immediately crouched down to pick it back up, assuming that it must have been litter that got stuck when Taehyung pulled the money from his pocket. Carefully, he turned the piece of paper in his palm, finding a series of numbers and letter scribbled onto it.

A phone number, followed by a simple “call me”.

Hastily, Jungkook stuffed the paper into his own pockets and hopped down two steps at a time with a huge grin plastered on his face, thinking that this was the best tip he had ever gotten.

Maybe his job wasn't that ty after all. 




♔ A  u  t  h  o  r  '  s    N  o  t  e ♔

Just another small Taekook drabble I wasrequested to do.

I thought it was quite cute, so I posted it here as well.