1/1-Final

About Chanwoo... (For Hanbin's Sake)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID2]Haha, I don't know what to say. I don't even know how this will be. ^^'

Just enjoy it guys .... Because Insurgent rocks! ;)[/CONTENTID2]

 

 

 

 

 

[CONTENTID1]It was stupid of me for not fighting hard. I was so stupid for not kicking, punching and yelling hard for them to let me go, to let me go to him who was hanging midair unmoving and lifeless. If only I was smart, was brave enough to fight them and shut down all the Goddamn system them maybe things would be different.

 

 

We managed to escape; we being me, my twin’s brother Chanwoo, Hanbin, Jiwon and Junhwe right before the annihilation of the Abnegation started. Thanks to Hanbin and Jiwon’s snooping skills we were told about Erudite wanting to take down Abnegation once and for all. Thus we ran away right after the final test ended.

 

 

We took shelter in Amity, Hanbin had friends over there and they sneaked us up easily. Yunhyeong was his name, and he had a very kind and beautiful sister named Eunjung. He was the Amity leader’s son so that summed up pretty well how we got in. We stayed over there, blended in like what Jiwon loved to say with the people for 5 days only before those damn-asses Dauntless found us. Once again, we ran but they caught us in the woods.

 

 

Eric, God that guy was a real pain. He was fast and crazy and we all hated him. Still hate on him. He and his soldiers had us on the ground while Max the Dauntless leader –our ex-leader– used this big round thing and placed it before each of our faces. It was a tool designated specially to identify a Divergent. He used it on us but the only one who got readings were only Chanwoo and me –but no one cared because they knew all along that we are Divergent.

 

 

Chanwoo had 96% Divergence reading while I had 100% much to everyone shocking especially Eric because he was all prepared to kill me only for him to spare me. They wanted to kill the others but I had no knowledge how Chanwoo managed to convince Max and Eric on letting them go and took us instead. In the end, the three were left unconscious on the ground and both of us were taken to Erudite.

 

 

I refuse to remember what happened next in Erudite. The memories are painful and I still can feel the pain in all parts of my body. This feeling of helplessness too. I can’t get away from it. I wonder what would I tell them during the trial which I have no idea whether Candors will do it or not on me. I don’t want to think anymore for the moment, I just want to sleep.

 

 

The room is not that bad like the one in Erudite; where Chanwoo and I were taken as hostages. It is still clean and not cold. I like that. If only Chanwoo is here though…...

 

 

I can hear voices outside the room. One belongs to Hanbin arguing with the Candor leader to let me free and hear my thoughts first before giving me back to Jeanine. Then another voice comes; loud and deep, it’s Junhwe suggesting for me to take the fair trial of Candor using the truth serum. Truthfully saying, if I got to choose between returning to the Erudite and go through those simulations again and use that truth serum while being in that ordeal, I rather choose the first one.

 

 

There is no way I would use that serum. No, that cannot be.

 

 

But fate is beautiful and it won’t let me be in peace. The leader agreed; thanks to Hanbin persistency and Junhwe logic alongside a few persuasions by Donghyuk; the two are the son and the nephew of the Candor leader I just heard, I will be judged in the trial with the sacred truth serum. I am –not so– willingly waiting to be taken to the court but then the door is opened and Hanbin enters. Unconsciously I gulp down the lump forming in my throat. My heartbeat fastens seeing him there. He looks healthy to me, although a bit worn out probably because of the lack of sleep searching for all the Dauntless members outside or him thinking for a certain someone that is still not coming back home.

 

 

“Saerin, are you alright?”

 

 

He asks me kindly but I couldn’t find the courage to be kind to him. Irony right? Since I’m a Dauntless but I have no courage anymore. Not anymore. But yeah, it’s not that surprising for it to be gone. I’m not a Dauntless by born and so does Chanwoo.

 

 

“Is Chanwoo still in Erudite?”

 

 

He asks again, the hope radiating from his entire being. This makes me sick to the core. I can only nod. “Then why he didn’t return with you?”

 

 

That’s it. I’m breaking down. There is no way the thick wall of ignorance that I try so hard to build could stand strong longer in his presence. He is so hopeful and hope is not the thing that I want to encounter at the moment.

 

 

Thankfully the Candor members come inside to bring me to the court for the trial. They take me to a large room occupied with masses of people; Candor and Dauntless standing before what I assume as the place where all my secrets would be exposed.

 

 

I watch my other Dauntless friends being judged using the truth serum. They look like in pain but in the end everyone manages to go through it smoothly. They are asked the same questions; why are they attacking the Abnegation? Who is the one responsible? How did they come back to their senses and escape? I wonder how hard my questions would be.

 

 

I am the last one for the painful ordeal. They shot me with the same colored liquid like the mind-controlled serum that I got a few nights before. I was then ushered to the center with glasses on each corner of it. The center is like an egg vessel or something.

 

 

This black thing I am standing in is confining, I feel dizzy and out of the place with the serum working in my veins. Everything is blur and even the sound of my surroundings feel distant. But still, I can hear the voice of the Candor leader talking to me and asking me questions.

 

 

He asks me why the mind-controlled serum is not working on me. Typical is what I thought. I answer it simply, because I’m a Divergent. But the mixed responses from the crowds around make me feel extremely uncomfortable.

 

 

Everything is going on well when he gives me a hard one, “Do you have any sins?”

 

 

I say yes but then my heartbeat starts to rush. Cold sweats forming and I found that air is harder to take in. I am thinking of something bad, really bad and now everything is not turning good.

 

 

“What is that sin?” He inquires again. I am starting to feel stuffy and my body is burning up. Something is wrong.

 

 

“I-I can’t t-tell you …...” It hurts so badly. It is suffocating me and I can’t breathe properly. Is this the pain of the serum resistance? Or mine?

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“B-because… He is h-here.” Another whispering in the air, others are being wary and confuse with my answers. Especially him. I can see the worries and confusion in others and his face through the corner of my eyes.

 

 

The leader wants me to tell him everything that happened to me back in Erudite. I feel reluctant to tell and he said, “Miss Jung, the more you fight it, the painful the serum will be.” I have no choice but to tell him then.

 

 

“W-we were taken to Erudite and b-both of us were loc-locked down in a p-prison.” I start it, my body still burning up. “We lost track of time …. I-I don’t know how long we were there. It was d-dark and we felt co-cold.” I try to be as honest as I can. But the thought that any second from now the words will be out from my own

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter