Prologue

Masterpiece

He stared at the art piece hanging on the wall with his own mouth hanging open. Half of the face drawn was hidden but that flower crown confirmed it. Because he’s only worn one flower crown so far and that was when Jackson, his obnoxious best friend, forced him to wear it off a bet. The flower crown that sat on his head for the whole 24 hours of that day was very similar to the one on the art piece.

Like any rational person, Youngjae looked for the artist’s name, only finding the letters D-E-F at the bottom left corner of the painting. It didn’t ring any bells.

“- Ah ! I see you’re interested in Def’s art ! You have a good eye”, came his co-worker’s voice, a tall professional-looking man with the name Park Jinyoung. Him and his love for art was the reason Youngjae was even there in the first place.

“- It’s called “The Lost Love”. You can actually feel how detailed he had been in creating this masterpiece. To be honest, it’s this painting that made me want to bring you here. It reminds me of you and not just the eerie resemblance…”

Youngjae tuned Jinyoung’s explanation out, letting this information sink in. Lost love. It feels familiar. So very familiar.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

As I said in the foreword, this prologue wasn't written by me but by a friend, 96.youngjae on Instagram ! She's amazing.
The rest of the fanfic will be written by me though :)