The Actress

Bluebird

 

The young man walked briskly and yet surprisingly elegantly through the hallways greeting the servants he passed with a blinding smile. And while the servants were professionals they still couldn't help marvelling at the sight before them. The young man was the Heir to the Kim Empire, Kim Jong Kook. At his age of only 29 he had already established 2 of his own Kim companies from scratch and become a CEO. He was smart, handsome and foremost even with his wealth a true gentleman every woman desired. So it was no surprise that he was popular with everyone and that his face adorned almost all Newspapers and magazines. 

Jong Kook came to a halt in front of a double door. He straightened his suit before knocking. 

" Come in" he heard a deep males voice say and he entered at the Invite. The room was spacious and bright, large windows lining the room in both directions. A warm summer breeze was flowing in from the open windows. Infront of him were large couches where he found the owner of the deep voice sitting and sipping tea. The man had black hair with grey stripes running through them, his expression as usual completely blank. Next to him he found a woman with a kind face sitting and chatting excitedly about some matter. And beside them stood Mr Yoo. Yong Kook closed the door and bowed respectfully. 'Mother, Father, Yoo hyung. You wanted to see me? " he asked.

" Kookie-ah why are you being so formal again?" Mrs Kim exclaimed laughing. " Sit down and have some tea first."

(At the side Mr Kim spluttered into his tea and Yoo jae suk tried to hold back a smirk.)

Jong Kook blushed at that. "Mother can you not call me Kookie?" I am not 10 anymore!"

"Yes, Yes my grown up son" she exclaimed rolling her eyes.

Jong kook sighed and sat down while Jae Suk served him the tea. There was silence for a while only interupted by the small slurping noises.

" So why did you want to see me?" Jong Kook asked unable to hold it any longer. 

Mrs Kim smiled " You are as impatient as ever. Well...Its about your marriage." 

Jong Kook leaned back letting back another long sigh. " Not this again Mother. We've been through this several times. I don't intend to marry just yet. I neither have the interest nor the time for that."

" And when exactly do you intend to marry then? When I am already a corpse rotting in a coffin somewhere?" Mrs Kim sprang up agitated. " You're almost 30. Others at this age already have children. My friends tell me about how wonderful and cute their grandchildren are and here I am trying to get my stubborn son to marry. I told you to bring girls you like home-you don't. I try to set you up with girls-you decline. What should I do with you?" she asked huffing. 

Jong Kook looked pleadingly at his mother. It wasn't that he didn't understand. He loved his mother over anything and would do anything else she asked, but he wasn't ready. He wasn't ready to trust someone else again just yet.

" Omma, I just can't. Please, there's so much I have to do as a CEO. There're new projects coming up too. I don't want to live a fake life with someone I can't even find the time to talk to, never mind fall in love with." 

" And who said that you can't work if you got married? Everyone else is doing it. Your father did it. Mr. Yoo too, and so many others. Anyways I have already set up a marriage arrangement. We are meeting the girl this Saturday." She said sitting down with a final huff. 

Jong Kook sprang up as if stung. " What?! Why? How could you do that without asking me, Mother?"

" Hmph, if I waited for your permission first I, would be sitting here until I was a skeleton. I have already agreed and made the arrangements. I can't go and decline now. We're both going to meet her."

Jong Kook glared at his cup angrily. " You go meet her. I refuse. I never agreed and never will. I won't marry her either." He turned to leave when he heard a sob.

He closed his eyes. He knew what was coming now but he was also not immune to it. He just couldn't handle it when someone cried especially his mother. He was after all a soft hearted person inside no matter how tough he looked on the outside.

He turned slowly to find his mother crouching on the floor her hands on her chest and tears flowing down her cheeks. He hurriedly crouched beside her as did his father. 

" What should I do when my only Son, won't fulfill this old lady the one thing that she desires?" she cried " I am just that pitiful to have to live without ever seeing a daughter-in-law or grand children. I hope it won't be long until I leave this world so I don't have to bear anymore. "

"Omma, what are you saying! How can you say that?" 

"What else can I do but cry over my predicament? Don't worry about me. My heart is just torn. You should leave, I know you're busy." But as she said this she only cried harder.

Jong Kook run his fingers through his hair sighing. " Your words feel like ice picks. I am going to regret this but ok...ok, I agree. I will come with you to see the girl. So I beg you,please stop crying."

Mrs. Kim looked up at him with her tear filled eyes " Really? You really will?" She smiled through her tears and hugged him. " Kook-ah thank you. Thank you for doing this old lady this favour." She wouldn't stop crying, though. " I am really thankful," she said letting go Jong Kook and sobbing more harder into her handkerchief that her husband handed her. 

"Omma..." Jong Kook said looking at her worriedly.

" Jong Kook, you go we'll deal with her!" His father spoke up looking at him. "Don't worry she just needs some time to calm down"

"But..." Jong Kook wasn't entirely convinced.

His father shook his head. " Don't worry, I'm here. You need to be at the office this afternoon, don't you? You should leave now."

Jong Kook hesitated and looked uncertainly at his mother who was still sobbing, his father.

Suddenly Jae Suk came up to him and gently laid down a hand on his shoulder.

" It's ok Master Jong Kook. We should leave. I'll you."

Jong Kook stood up slowly and with one last worried glance back at his mother let himself be escorted by Jae Suk.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Joo Jae Suk came back after sending off a still worried Jong Kook to find Mrs Kim still sobbing on the floor and Mr Kim next her with a hand on her back.

He looked at them then said " Master Jong Kook has left for work." 

Mrs Kim was still crying before it abruptly stopped at Jae Suks words. 

She turned to look at him. " Has he really gone?" she asked her voice thick from crying.

Jae Suk nodded.

" Goodness gracious I thought he would never leave," she said jumping up with agility.

Neither Mr Kim nor Jae Suk looked surprised at that. Instead, they just had rather indescribable expressions on their faces.

" Jobo, I think you should have become an actress. With that acting of yours, you would have won awards in heaps." Her husband exclaimed.

" Oh you think? Well, it's good if it was believable."

"Er..don't you feel somewhat sorry for Kook though. Poor thing actually fell for your acting." Mr Kim asked a little worried

"Not one bit" Mrs Kim muttered, " I don't know whom he got that stubborn streak from but if I didn't go this far he would have never agreed! Well, at least we passed the first hurdle." She smiled, before pouring herself a new cup of tea and sipping while humming happily.

Mr Kim and Jae Suk exchanged glances secretly before shrugging. Well, it seemed like they were in for a hefty ride. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Author's Notes: 

Next Chapter will be finally their Meeting! Thank you to everyone who is reading this and leaving comments.I read through all the comments and take into considerations all of the Improvements you tell me. Sorry that it took a while to update again. Hope you liked it! Until Next time then <3