Wheel of Fate

Bluebird

It was a mild spring afternoon, with a soft breeze, chirping of birds and pink flower petals falling lazily to the ground. A black Sedan came to a Halt near the kerb and a man in his early 40ties exited from the car, elegantly moving to hold open the passenger car door. As he held it open a lady, and a very rich one from her attire, stepped out. She seemed quite out of a movie...with her floral dress fluttering in the wind and a hat to match her outfit. She smiled at the gentleman who had held the car door open for her before starting to walk on the path. The man followed closely behind. "Mrs Kim...I really do not think it advisable to..." he started to say but before he could get any further the Lady had turned to look at him with a soft smile. " Mr Yoo you really worry too much. I don't need my bodyguards around me all the time. I am a grown woman after all! And i have you with me to protect me, do i not? she asked. Yoo Yae Suk could only sigh in defeat and adjusting his glasses made to keep up to her pace. It wasn't that he had not expected this. No he had afterall tried to persuade her to take her bodyguards with her for good 30 minutes since they had left, constantly reminding her that she could be in danger. But she had been stubborn, insisting that it was only a short trip to get some fresh air and that the bodyguards would be in her way. He knew that too... her stuborness. He had worked for her for 15 years, long enough to know her character and habits and perhaps that was the reason she had made him his secretary and confidante since he seemed to be the only one who could deal with that trait of hers apart from her husband and son. And that's precisely why he had told the bodyguards to be on standby and to stalk out somewhere nearby knowing that she would most probaly refuse them.

They walked quietly for a few minutes, Jae suk on high alert, scanning his surroundings and taking everything in that he could. They had come to the Yeuido Park, and as they walked along the path it was impossible to be not taken in by the pink cherry blossoms that were in full bloom and lining the pathway on either side. As it was still early afternoon, there was hardly anyone around, and it only lead to a even more serene atmosphere. Suddenly Mrs Kim came to stop, before walking over a few steps to stand under one of the trees and admire its majestic beauty. Jae Suk too had come to halt, remaining in his spot to watch Mrs Kim, and they stood there like that frozen in time for a few moments." Are you still worried about that matter?" he asked suddenly. Mrs Kim did not turn around but he could hear her sigh sadly: " Well, he is my son, Mr Yoo and it is only natural for me to worry. He will be turning 30 in a Year and he still is refusing all the marriage proposals. I am not that young anymore, I am already past my mid 50ties. Who is going to look after him when I'm gone? Who is going to share his happiness and his sadness with him? I don't know until when he is going to keep avoiding this matter. "  She shook her head sadly.

" It appears that Master Kim Jong Kook may still need some time to..heal his wounds " Jae Suk replied quietly "or maybe he needs someone to heal his wounds".

It happened at that moment. Mrs Kim was turning to look at him when Jea Suk caught movement from the corner of his eyes. As he turned to look he saw three men coming running at them from either direction and it definitely wasn't for just a welcome. Jae Suk sprang into action, he quickly backed Mrs Kim against the tree standing protectively and defensively in front of her." Mrs Kim, please quickly call backup and don't under any circumstances leave my side...unless i tell you to run" he said. This wasn't good. This definitely wasn't good at all. He did have some training of course and learnt some defense moves, just in case. But that was it, he wasn't a bodyguard. He was a loyal Secretary and more than that a friend and he would fight to protect his employer even if it cost him his life. But that wouldn't be enough to protect Mrs Kim. He was scrawny compared to the big muscled guys who were now standing menacingly in front of him and smirking dangerously down at them. He wouldn't be able to take down the three of them by himself and it would take time for backup to arrive. As he glared at their attackers he could see the knife glistening in their hands. This was definitely bad. " Mr Yoo let's run, i've called backup " he could hear Mrs Kim whisper. " No...no Mrs Kim you run. I'll keep them occupied " he whispered back. " No! I can't just leave you here behind. Its my fault in the first place. If anything i should remain" she answered back heatedly. Jea Suk sighed " Please Mrs Kim listen to me, we don't have time. You need to run and once you're a safe distance away you can find help."

Suddenly one of the guys lunged at them.Jae Suk acted without hesitation. He dived under the arm of the guy who tried to attack him, turning his leg in a swift motion and made contact with the guys side. Surprise by the sudden attack the guy crumpled in pain on the floor. The other two had been taken by surprise too. They hadn't expected him to be so strong or swift. But they recovered quickly and now both of them moved to attack.

Before anything else could happen though they heard an ear splitting scream.

"YAAAAAAAHHHH".

Jae Suk as well as the attackers froze, confused. And Jae Suk could swear that what he saw was a flash of lightning, suddenly hitting on of the guys, square in the face, before kicking him between his legs and he too crumpled with his eyes rolling back. Yae Suk didn't wait any longer, before the third guy could recuperate from the situation he took a hold of the guys arm,lifting him with all the effort he could muster and threw him to the ground. Then he quickly put his weight on the guy, twisting his arm to the back and held him in place as the guy cried out in pain. Jae Suk looked up to see who had helped them, unsure of whether they would be a friend or a foe .....to only stare perplexed.

He didn't know what he had expected but he definitely had not thought that their aide had been no-one else but a young woman who was now glaring down at the men collapsed on the floor, her arms crossed. He quickly closed his mouth (that had been hanging open he realised), coughed and asked a little unsure :" Is everyone all right? "  He turned to look at Mrs Kim who looked shaken but nodded her head. Then he turned his head back to the young woman : " And you too miss...?"  At that the woman looked up blankly at him as if just realising he was there too before nodding her head :" Oh yes i'm fine" she said giving him a quick smile. Jae Suk relaxed a little from relief. " Thank you, you helped us out a lot miss....umm?" he questioned. She smiled again and gave a polite bow before replying:

" No not at all.Oh and i am Cheon Seong Im."