Prelude

Bluebird

" I Insist!"

" But i couldn't possibly accept that!"

Yoo Jae Suk watched amused as the two women continued to argue a little distance away from him. It had only been 15 minutes ago where him and his employer had been attacked which had left both of them shaken. Luckily for them a minute after Chun Sung Im had appeared on the scene to help them, the bodyguards whom Jae Suk had told to stay on standby had come running too. Jae Suk had handed over all three men who were still lying on the ground writhing in pain and had instructed Mrs Kims Bodyguards to hand them to the police and to run an investigation on their attackers. Once that had been taken care of he had turned to both Mrs Kim and their young saviour only to find them.... arguing?! Not only did it seem like they had recovered from the situation but they were arguing!

" I insists young miss" said Mrs Kim firmly. " If it weren't for you we would have been in serious trouble, possibly even dead.I want to gift you something as a thanks."

Chun Sung Im was shaking her head vigorously. " I helped because i saw you were in troublle M'am. I didn't do it for a prize of any sort. i couldn't possibly accept that!"

"But i couldn't just let you leave like that when you saved us at the risk of your own life!" Mrs Kim was protesting.

Before this argument could get any further Jae Suk, who had been listening for a while now, stepped in. " How about we do this?" he asked calmly, silencing the women who now looked at him. " How about Miss Chun joining Mrs Kim for lunch? I am sure that is a reasonable gift and won't be too much for Miss Chun to accept?" he smiled. At the mention of food Sung Ims eyes lit up but she still hesitated a little. It would be rude to accept food like that from people she had just met. And she honestly hadn't helped with the thought of a reward. 

" It isn't much of a gift but its better than nothing. Please Miss Chun could you not do this old woman a favour and join me for lunch? " Mrs Kim looking at Sung Im with pitiful puppy eyes.

Sung Im couldn't help but laugh. A complete stranger whom she had met but a few minutes ago was making puppy eyes at her and pleading with her to join her for lunch. Really how could she decline this wonderful lady who seemed so sweet? Well she would have to throw the stranger danger phrase out of the window just this once. And for some reason she just knew that these people weren't bad.

She smiled warmly at the lady. " I would love to join you...but if you don't mind could i invite you to a place? I have a feeling that you would like it. 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx________________xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

" It's wonderful!" Mrs Kim exclaimed delighted now for the 5th time. And she really meant it. The Restaurant Sung Im had directed them too was one Mrs Kim had never been to and probably woldn't have realised it even existed if not for Sung Im. The Restaurant was hidden in an alleyway to which they had to get to by going into many narrow roads. It didn't even look like a Restaurant from the outside. But what welcomed them inside was astounding. The Restaurant had appeared to be a small run down food place from the outside but it was wide and cozy inside. On the walls hung beautiful photographs so mesmerizing one could spend all their time just admiring the pictures of nature on the walls.

And Mrs Kim had only realised the speciality of this restaurant once they had gone in further inside. In the Middle of the place stood two Cherry BlossomTrees side by side, each about the height of a tall man. One of the trees bore pink cherry blossoms while the other had white. It was a real sight to begold under a roof.  

Sung Im laughed :"I am really glad that the Restaurant is to your liking. I was a little afraid that it wouldn't be to your tastes afterall."  

Mrs Kim laughed fondly. She was really growing to like this girl more and more in the short time she had met her. She watched Sung Im as she beckoned the waiter and started to order the food. The girl could have definitely passed for an actress with her looks. With glowing white skin and big round eyes and her unique looks she definitely was a beauty. She was wearing slim black jeans and a loose brown blouse with rolled up sleeves and had a Camera hanging around her neck.

" Where you taking pictures of the Cherry blossoms Miss Chun?" Mrs Kim asked seeing the camera. Sung Im looked up at that a little surprised.

" Oh...that..yes. Since it is the season now and they looked beautiful i thought i should take a few."

Mrs Kim nodded at that. For a little while they sat in confortable silence both of them just enjoying the food. Occasionaly Mrs Kim would chuckle quietly at the complimenting oohs and aahs that Sung Im would make at the food and how her eyes would twinkle every time she took a bite. 

" I hope you don't mind me asking Miss Chun, but shouldn't someone as young and beautiful as you come flower viewing with their boyfriend instead of alone?" Mrs Kim spoke up into the silence. 

Sung Im blushed a little embarrased by the compliment " I...I am not really...thank you but you are thinking too highly of me" she murmered " I don't have a boyfriend. I am traveling around the world at the moment figuring out my ambitions so i don't really have the leisure for a boyfriend." 

" You are travelling around the world?" Mrs Kim exclaimed " That sounds wonderful! Where have you travelled to?  Tell me more about your travels Ms Chun!" she asked with excitement in her eyes. 

And so the conversation went on for a long while between Mrs Kim and Chun Sung Im while Yoo Jae Suk, who was seated on a table nearby watched them relieved that his employers mood had improved by this much and enjoying listening to their conversation. Unbeknownst to anyone this meeting was to serve as a prelude to events not too far in the future tying together all of their fates.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX______________XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The drive back home after the lunch was a quiet affair. It had become evening by the time they had said their goodbyes to Sung Im. Mrs Kim was sitting in the back ,staring out of the window deep in thoughts.

" She was a beautiful young woman, was she not?" she asked suddenly. Jae Suk who was sitting at the front next to the drivers seat glanced back.

" She was indeed very beautiful. But i don't think you meant just her appearance?" he asked. 

Mrs Kim smiled at that. 

" You really are quick Mr Yoo. Indeed, i didn't mean just her appearance. I also meant her character. She is such a brave girl for someone so young, and unbelievably strong the way she took out our attackers. She also has manners and is kind. Isn't she just lovely?" she asked her eyes glazed.

Jae Suk had a feeling he knew where this was heading and while at other times he would have argued with Mrs Kim that she shouldn't consider people whom they knew nothing more about than their name and a few details, for some unexplainable  reason he too thought that this would be the best choice. That she was the one.

" I think i have found the perfect daughter-in-law Mr Yoo. " Mrs Kim looked at him waiting for his response. 

Jae Suk looked straight ahead then nodded his head smiling " I think you have Mrs Kim."

 

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Author's Notes:  

I am so sorry it took so long for me to update but i've been a little busy with work. Again so sorry i think this might be a boring chapter but as it says this is the background to what's going to happen in the future. This going to be  a slow story >_<.  Also there is a reason its Chun Sung Im and not Song Ji Hyo..yet. Hope you enjoyed reading it and i'll update as soon as i can. <3