Part Two

Boundless

Boundless Chapter Two


Sunghoon's POV

After having that super-no-rest-even-an-hour month. Finally! This is a real vacation. A real ing vacation! I got a week off starting today so I was able to get a coffee downtown. I remembered my works and then finally smile. It's over, we closed the deal. 

I took my car for a ride while drinking my coffee and while driving, there's a little girl across the street and was about to get hit by the car. Sunghoon, wake up do something!! I quickly got down from my car and run as if I'm Flash to drag that little brat out the street. 

*beeeeeeeep* 

The sound of the approaching car was too loud, also add the scream of the citizens watching and doing nothing. I got the girl to the safest place as we landed on the floor, catching our breath- scratch that. I'm only the one catching my own breath. Why the h*ll this girl was not even schocked? Why is she so expressionless? 

"Ya! Are you okay?" I asked first while removing the dirt on her dress and then focused on my fresh black suit. "What's your name?" .................. "Where do you live?".........................."Where's your parents?" .......................... "Are you lost?"


Why the this girl isn't answering my questions? She's just staring blank at me!!

"YA! Are you mute? Where should I bring you then?!" I shouted and make all the strangers staring at me. I'm like scolding a little girl and she's not even crying. Ugh! I carried her to my car and give her a ride to nowhere. She's just staring at the window the whole ride. We reached a mall, where I was meant to go. 

I saw her smile when I brought her to the Toy Store. 

"What is your name little girl?" I asked once again. She starred at me again then smile, then looked around. What am I speaking with? A doll? A cute white as milk statue? Suddenly, she pointed out a store outside.. There is Min's Shop... Then she pointed the other one.. "Ji's Bakery?" At first, I didn't know what is she trying to compel but okay.. "Your name is Minji?" She nodded at me and pointed another thing, a cute panda bear.

"You liked it?" I asked. She gave me no answer but I guess she liked it since she wouldn't point it like that if it's just nonsense. "Let's buy it then." 

I payed for the stuffed toy and she hugged it well. The bagger didn't manage to secure it on a bag because it was immediately taken. I treated her ice cream and why is she liking things so much? 

Well, I don't like kids, but I don't hate them too. I can't get rid of this brat. 

I looked at my watch and it's already dark outside. How long have I been with this girl? She's probably lost and I should return her to her parents. We drove back to the place where I saw her and bring her to the nearest police station. 

"MINJI!!!!!!!" 

Two women ran infront of her and took Minji off from my arms. Yes, I was carrying her since she's sleepy.  

"God! Where have you been?! You scared me to death!" The middle-aged woman said. 

"Sweet milk, I thought I'd lose you forever! Where have you been?" The other one who looks young started to cry while hugging her.  


Don't tell me she's the mother? 


Oh no, she's too young! To be a mother, seriously!


"Where did you find my granddaughter?" The woman asked, the older one. 

"Hmmm-"

"Where did you get my daughter?!" The younger one growled at me, grabbing my collars. 

"Woah! I saved her, why are you like that?!" I yelled at her face. She let go of my suit and calmed herself. 

"Hmm, sorry. She's just carried away." The Ahjumma get her away from me. She can't even say sorry for her actions. Ugh! Teenagers these days. 

"Bye little girl." I whispered and waved to Minji but as soon as I look away, she ran holding on my pants. "You have your guardians now." I said. 

Suddenly, she raised her index finger like saying One. Then the gesture of sleep? What does she mean by that? I glanced at her mother and grandmother to ask what was she talking about. 

"Minji wants you to stay one night." She said. My eyes got bigger than usual, how am I going to stay with some strangers? I mean, I just met this kid few hours ago, her mother almost attacked me and she still looks so pissed because of my appearance. I don't know what kind of people are these. I don't know. Minji grips tighter on my legs, not letting me go.

"Uh- I can't..." I stuttered looking at them with shame. 

"Okay, I understand." The grandmother said. I looked at the other lady and she's not looking at me. How rude this girl is. I turned my attention to Minji at removed her hands off my legs but even before I touched her hands, she cried. "Sht." I cursed under my breath. 

"Come on! Just one night, stay for Minji!" The lady finally spoke. With deep sigh, I said yes. 

We all fixed the issue reported on the police station and I can't believe I need to park my car on that station and walk meters away to be on their home and as soon as we reached their place, they served and received me well.

The Auntie fixed a bedroom for me and this cute little girl was just looking at me and giving me food all the time. She seems to like me and I can't help but to thinks she's cute too. 

I always wanted a daughter but I know I can't have that this early. 

I need to do my business... Literal business.