Life of a Single Mother

Boundless

Yuri's POV

 

"Minji-ya!" I called out for my daughter who was just playing outside with our neighbors. I'm busy solving my calculus homework then I'm going to prepare her bath so that she can sleep early. Being a single-mom is so hard especially when you're still young and you have a study to get busy with. 

 

I'm Kwon YuRi, I just turned 19 while Minji turned two this year. Funny, we have the same birthday! I am an ordinary college student and a single-mother of this little brat. We're living on a little village with my Aunt. My parents overthrew me for the first time knowing I'm pregnant. They didn't know how hard I suffered and how emotionally stressed am I while having the child. Minji is a mute but still, she's not that different from other children here.. Her pedia says that she can still be trained and time will come and she will voice a word. I'll be waiting for it. 

 

I saw her entering the door with a lot of mud on her shirt. "Ya! I told you not to get too dirty when playing." I said coming closer to remove her shirt. She's just expressionless like she had a trauma somewhere. She's like this since she was born so I got used to it too. It's still lucky for me that she is alive. Eversince, my family threw me and told me to never comeback, ever, she's with me. So she's a gift from above. 

 

I washed her face and clean her up then sent her to bed. "Sleep sweetmilk." I kissed her forehead going back to what am I doing. Sweetmilk, I called her like that because she's too white as milk, I am tanned so I guess she got it from her jerk father. 

 

The next day, I woke up just in time. 5am is the usual alarm time and I have to cook for breakfast and prepare myself to shool. the little girl is still on her dreamland so I am able to finish things up. 

 

Before I leave for school, I woke her up and my Aunt on the other room to say goodbye. 

 

"Bye Minji! Be a good girl okay?" I'm sure she understands every word that is coming from my mouth. She also waved at me, still, with a serious face.

 

After taking the subway train, I still need a five minutes walk before reaching school. The usual, my best friend Kang Min Hyuk is waiting for me at the station. 

 

"Yo!" he greeted in a cool way. He was my best friend eversince. One of the few never leave when I was so down. I'm still thankful to him because he's with me while I was laboring and delivering Minji. Everytime I remember that moment, I can't help but smile. His reaction was so funny! He's worried, sweating and on panic. 

 

"Have you reviewed your notes for today's exam?" I asked.

 

"Of course! How about you? and how was the little girl?" 

 

"Serious as always. She enjoyed the mud yesterday and it took me hours to clean her."

 

"You are exaggerating again." He laughed. 

 

We continued walking and talking until we reached the school.

 

"Walk faster. They're here." As he says, I walked faster. 

 

The day In school passed in a blur. I just have to take the exams and go home as early as I can. It's been two years since Minji and I are together but I still always want to see her face waiting for me. I will never ever get sick of her expressionless face.

 

She's still cute! 

 

"The exam was too easy. Right Yul?" Minhyuk bragged. Of course it is. Yul is my nickname given by him.

 

"Yes. So glad that I got the last number on the last minute." 

 

I sighed. I almost miss the last question. The tension slew me down while taking it. It is the subject I needed to pass to graduate. 

 

We reached and departed at the subway station. Time check, it's already 4pm and due to the traffic, I think I'll be home at 5. 

 

And then I'm right, after an hour, I arrived home but there is no Minji waiting on the door. 

 

Huh? 

 

"Aunt Shin?" I called for ny aunt to see her outside. Crying and losing her breath. 

 

"Finally you are here! Mi-minji! Minji is lost!" 

 

Lost? 

 

Minji?

 

My daugher is lost?!

 

What?!

 

 

-------------------------

A pressured start! I don't know if I am the only one who ships Yuri and Sunghoon but gods, I love their moments in Cool Kiz on the Block! I kept on rewatching them. 

 

Anyways, I hope you liked my start. I included Min Hyuk since he needs to take part too!! my other story 'Let's Do It Here' is still there, I hope you're not forgetting it yet. I will update it soon! 

 

But hey, where could be Minji at? Where is that little, still no sense in the world gone? 

 

Here's Kim Yoo Bin as MinJi! Remember her on Oh My Lady?! This is my favorite child actress and her role there was perfect for this.

 

 

-namirelle-