Change Part 2

Change *Mini Story*

 

               “I miss MinHo oppa,” you said to yourself as you kicked the soccer ball into the goal.  You kicked the ball in the goal and ran to get it.  You suddenly tripped and fell, scraping your knee a little.  “Ouch.  Stupid, clumsy, me.”  You slowly stood up and grabbed the soccer ball and headed to the end of the field.  You started to kick the ball, as if you were playing an actual game and kicked it in the goal. You smiled, but then frowned a little.  “I really miss, oppa.”

It has been a month since MinHo asked Hana out.  He slowly started to spend time with you less and right now, he barely spent time with you which hurt you, but you were willing to take the pain so he would be happy with the girl he likes.  It’s been half a month since he stopped playing soccer with you, so you started to play by yourself and sometimes with TaeMin.  You went to the bench to pick up your bag so you can walk to the nurse’s room to treat your wound.

                “MinHo oppa, c’mon, let’s go to my house,” you can hear Hana beg.  You heard MinHo chuckle.

                “Okay, but let me go to the fields and check if _______ is there, okay?” you heard MinHo say.  Your heart skipped a beat.  ‘Oh yeah, Hana’s art club is today. Oppa goes with her,’ you thought.  But you gave a small smile because he was concerned about you.

                “You know, that’s who you ever talk about and think about.  After a couple of weeks of going out, you talk about her.  What the hell MinHo?  I’m your girlfriend, not her!” you heard her yell angrily.  You bit your lip.

                “I think you’re overreacting about this.  _______ is my best friend.  I think it’s okay for me talk about her for a bit.  I do like you, Hana,” you heard MinHo. “You’re like, my type of girl.  I think your right for me.”

His words broke your heart.  You quickly left the school and ran out, not caring about your wound and not caring if they heard you.  You stopped halfway away from the school to catch your breath.  Tears were streaming down since you couldn’t hold them at all.  You wanted to scream.  You knew where you wanted to go.

                “TaeMin oppa!  Please open up!” you begged as you opened his apartment door.  He opened the door and his eyes widened.  You were sweaty from your run and you had a little bit of dirt on you.  He saw the dry blood on your knee.  “Oppa!” You started to hug him.

                “_______~ah, what happened?” he asked.  “Wait, never mind that. C’mon, let me treat your wound.”  He held your hand and led you in his kitchen. He took the first aid kit from the bathroom and gently treated the wound on your knee.  He then looked up at you and saw pain in your eyes.  “What happened?”

                “I overheard MinHo and Hana.  Oppa wanted to see if I was okay in the soccer field before he and Hana left and Hana was jealous because she said that he talks about me to her.  However, oppa said to her that Hana’s his type that she’s right for him.”  You stared down at your legs, holding your tears.  “I know I shouldn’t cry over this, but…I can’t help it.”

                “_______, it’s okay.  Tomorrow’s a weekend.  I’ll take you to the mall,” he offered.  You looked at him with a big smile on your face and nodded.  “I’ll walk you home.”

                “Okay.”

At around three, you heard the doorbell ring.  You figured it might be one of your appa’s friends, so you let him answer the door.

                “_______!  TaeMin is here!” you heard him yell.  Your eyes widened and you ran out of your room to your front door.  You smiled to see him.

                “You forgot that I was going to take you to the mall,” he pouted.  Your eyes widened in realization.

                “Sorry!  I forgot about that.  Hold on, let me get changed,” you said and ran up to your room to change into a pair of shorts and an off shoulder, black looks top with a pink tank top underneath.  You left your hair down and put on black bangles and a necklace.  You took a deep breath as you stared at yourself in the mirror.  ‘It’s time for a change,’ you thought.  You grabbed your cell phone and headed out the door.  You put on your pair of converse while TaeMin stared at you with wide eyes.  You looked at him and gave a smile.  “Let’s go.”  TaeMin nodded and followed you out.  “I’ll be back before midnight!”

                “Have fun, honey!” your appa responded and heard the door close.  He shook his head with a chuckle.  ‘Something’s going on with that girl.  Sudden change in fashion.’  Your appa did try to have you dress girly for buying you cute clothes with the help of your umma’s friends.

TaeMin was quiet the whole walk and bus ride to the mall.  You realized why but kept quiet until he talked.

                “You look cuter,” he said once you two entered the mall.  You smiled.

                “Thank you.”

                “What made you want to dress like this?  I seriously thought your whole wardrobe consisted of shorts, over sized T-shirts, and long sleeves,” TaeMin said. You laughed.

                “My appa bought me these clothes.  I refuse to wear them, but I still kept them because my appa gave them to me.  I guess…I still want to win MinHo’s heart.  I sound selfish, do I?” you asked.  TaeMin just simply smiled.

                “Maybe you do, but I believe you have the right to.  C’mon, let’s get you a headband,” TaeMin said excitedly and grabbed your hand, leading to you to a store full of accessories.

You two looked around.  TaeMin would look at you and smile at your amuse expressions.  ‘_______ is always such a kid at heart.  Always amazed with anything,’he thought.  He picked out a black headband with a simple bow on it.  He went up to the cashier to pay for it.  TaeMin took off the price tag and walked up to you and gently put the headband on your head.  You looked at him with curiosity.

                “Okay, that’s done.  Now, what should we do?” he asked.

You felt the headband on you and you quickly looked at the mirror.  You smiled.

                “I think I’m going to dress like this more often,” you said with a smile and looked at TaeMin.  “Let’s eat.  I’m starved!”  TaeMin nodded and you held his hand as you two walked to the food court.  You looked around and you stopped a little. “Oppa, isn’t that MinHo oppa?”  You looked at TaeMin who nodded.  “C’mon, let’s say hi.”  You then dragged him to where MinHo was.  “MinHo oppa!”  MinHo’s head snapped to your direction.  His eyes widened.

                “_-_______?” he responded questionably.  You nodded.  “TaeMin?”

                “Hey,” he responded.

                “Hana’s not with you?” you asked curiously.

                “She broke up with me,” he answered.  Your eyes widened, yet you feel happy but sad at the same time.  ‘Oppa’s first broken heart,’ you thought sadly.

                “Whoa, how come?” TaeMin asked.

                “She didn’t like the fact I always talk and think about _______,” MinHo simply answered.  “But don’t worry about it.  By the way, _______, you look great today.  New look, now?”

                “I guess it’s time for a change,” you said with a smile.