Final

Losing Motivation

You opened your eyes as you felt a wave of coldness hitting your bare legs and shivered. Your gaze felt to the empty side of the bed next to you and you stood up hoping Jungkook hadn't left yet. You put on the first piece of cloth you found which happened to be one of Jungkook's white shirts, and walked to the kitchen. "Why are up so early?" You breathed as you saw Jungkook sitting on the counter doing absolutely nothing but his gaze locked with yours once he saw you approaching. You thought it was around 5 or 6AM due to the lack of light but the birds had already started their daily song after their sweet slumber. Other than that, there was a deadly silence filling in the room. 

"I couldn't sleep." Was all he whispered like he was afraid he'd wake someone up. You walked to him until your hips were between his legs and you smiled up at him and left a peck on his jaw. Jungkook remained expressionless like his mind was still sleeping but his body looked like it had consumed a couple of cups of sugar free espresso. "Are you okay?" You asked hoping you'd get an answer because every time you asked that question he would immediately change the subject expecting you to not notice. But you always did and always let it go hoping one day, when he felt ready, he would tell you.

"I don't feel like doing anything." He explained and rested his chin on the top of your head giving you the chance to wrap your arms around him holding him in place. "We can stay inside and do nothing if you feel lazy." You whispered and nuzzled in the crook of his neck. "That's not it." He said and pulled away so he could look at you. "I'm losing motivation in things that I used to love doing. I need to practise certain things more but I just can't find the strength or the mood to do it anymore. It feels like that was not my dream on the first place."

Your heart broke into million pieces at his words mostly because Jungkook looked so suffocated in what he did that you couldn't imagine there was something he didn't like about it. "I think you're too stressed those days. Maybe you need a small break from work. What do you think?" You told him as you had run out of advice. Jungkook shrugged his shoulder completely ignorant of what was wrong with him on the first place. "Come on! What do you want to do today? Since you have your day off you get to choose." You pulled him down from the counter as he stood there thoughtful for a second. "I don't know...I'm not in the mood to do anything." He whined and you hit his arm playfully. "That's the point! To get you in the mood."

*

"....how about baking? I've found a new cake recipe and it'd be cool to try it with you!" You excitedly said as you sat next to him on the couch. "No matter how I'd love to eat a cake right now, I don't want to bake one. It's comfortable here." He replied and you instantly tried to think of something else. "What about a karaoke battle? It's a challenge!" You said happily and Jungkook narrowed his eyes on you. "Yeah, you're right. We already know the winner." You muttered to yourself and got back to thinking.

"How about-" you were about to say but he cut you off mid sentence as he put his hand on your lips "Let's just stay here okay? I don't want to do anything so let's cuddle. I thought I was the one who got to choose anyways." He stated then pulled his hand away and you nodded with a smile. Jungkook pulled you closer so your back touched his chest then threw the blanket on top of both of you. He buried his face in your neck and kissed the spot multiple times. "Thank you, jagi." He whispered and tightened his grip around you. "For what? I didn't do anything."

"For always being here even in my bad days." 

"No. Thank you for telling me what was wrong." You said instead and turned to lock his lips with yours into a sweet but meaningful kiss.