A New Beginning

Craving For Hosts

 

"I don't want to go to this stupid private boarding school.", I whispered, as I dragged my suitcases to my new dorm. I really just wanted to leave this place and go back to my home in Incheon, but now I already was in Seoul and there was no going back... without getting my bum kicked. 

I was born into a rich family. And believe me, being the only child of two supermarket chain managers wasn't easy. They were always out of town (or even out of the country) and I spend most of my life with our maid. But they still cared for me. They only wanted my best and for me to have everything that I wanted. But what I absolutely did not want was to go to a private boarding school. I liked my old school. Everybody there was average and I could feel normal there. But no, we "have to progress my talents". My talents are languages, by the way. I'm fluent in korean and english. My chinese, japanese and french is also pretty good. Still, I don't need a school to help me to learn those languages. I always studied on my own and I would have been thankful to keep it this way.

But now I was standing in front of my new school. And I already hated it.

After about 10 minutes of searching for my stupid dorm around the campus, I finally found it. My suitcases were slowly but surely getting heavy and I was glad that I didn't had to go up any stairs.

When I stood in front of the door I realized, that I forgot to get my keys at the secretary's office. I groaned and slapped my forehead with my palm. I felt slightly irritated when I balled my hand full of hope into a fist and banged at the door. Maybe my roommate was already there. And thank god, the door opened.

In front of me stood a pretty girl, a little bit shorter than me. She didn't look asian, but also not really caucasian. She had to be something in between. I smiled friendly at her and she also smiled back cutely.

"Hi, you have to be my roommate, right?", the girl said and opened the door a little bit more so that I could enter.

We stood in a big and bright room with white walls and some considerably tall windows which were bedecked with some transparent, light gray curtains. The light didn't even need to be switched on, because the room was enlightened by the sun which shone through the windows. It was just beautiful. There were a lot of indoor plants and flowers in our room. Red, yellow, blue, violet, rose ones... I think there had been every colour. There were two beds in the room. One in each cornor. We also had some desks, I think they were made of oak, and two huge, white wardrobes with mirrored doors. Even when the room was tidy and fashionable, you could guess that it was a room for students, because there were also a lot of schoolthings and objects made for teenagers. Anyway, standing in this room felt like a dream. I've never seen something more beautiful like this.

I put my suitcases on the floor, turned my face to my roommate and hold out my hand for her to shake.

"Yes, I am. My name is Song Yena." She took my hand and shook it happily. What a cheerful person.

"I am Park Sohyun, but my british name is Sophie. You can call me either Sohyun or Sophie. I don't really care, so feel free to choose it youself!"

"Oh, so you are half korean, half british?", I asked interested.

"Yup! My dad is korean and my mum british, but I lived in korea my whole life. We still visit the rest of my family in the U.K sometimes."

"So... do you have a british accent?"

"Well, of course I do!", Sohyun said in english and giggled. Oh, the british accent is sometimes beautiful. "What is your special talent, by the way?", she continued in korean.

"It's languages. I'm fluent in english and I am also pretty good in chinese, japanese and french. What about you?"

"Mine is music. I play drums and the piano, but I also want to learn how to play the guitar. And I also like to sing a lot."

"Ah, how nice.", I said and Sohyun nodded her head. Then I remembered my keys. "Hey, I totally forgot to get my keys at the secretary's office. Would you like to come with me and get them? We could have a look around the school at that opportunity."

"Sure! It would be nice have a look around the school, but we should wear our school uniform, don't you think?", she said and pointed to our beds, two female school uniforms laying on top of them. I nodded and we got dressed.

The uniform consisted of a grey and black plaid skirt, a white blouse with a also grey and black plaid tie and a dark red blazer with the school's emblem on the left side of the chest. Sohyun and I also decided to wear knee socks with our uniform. For shoes Sohyun choose black converse high tops and I put on my black nike air max thea. "You really are wearing some expensive shoes, girl.", my new friend commented and I laughed as I tied them.

"My parents are quite rich, so I don't really have to worry about money.", I said, now finished with tieing my shoes. I looked down on myself and fiddled with my skirt. "Man, I really hate skirts. Why can't we just wear pants? I'm always scared my bum might be showing." Sohyun laughed amused and shrugged. 

"I like skirts, to be honest. They are pretty. But let's get going. We have to get your keys!", she said, took my hand and dragged me out of our room.

 

~~~~~

 

After finally getting my keys, we decided to have a look at the library first, since we found out that we both love books. Fortunately, the library was gigantic! They had so many books, it was unbelievable. Everything from important school books to the newest novel. There even was a manga and comic section! This school surely had money. Sohyun and I already predicted that we would spent a lot of time in here in the future.

Next up were the auditorium, the cafeteria and the music room. There weren't many students around since classes didn't start before tomorrow. We only saw a few people in the music room that played some instruments. Sohyun wanted to stay there, but I just dragged her with me to the next room.

Later we found ourselves standing in front of a big door (a really big door. Bigger than normal doors, I swear). The sign next to the door said 'Host Club'. Confused I looked over to Sohyun, who was standing next to me.

"What the heck is a host club?", I asked her, but she looked just as confused as me.

"I have no idea. My old school never had something like that."

"Mine neither. Maybe it's some after-school activity? That would explain the 'club' part. But I have really no idea what this club could be about.", I said thoughtful. 

"Well, maybe we should go in there and find out, then.", Sohyun said and smiled. Now she smeed really excited to enter this club.

"Okay then. Let's enter this mysterious host club!"