Step Four

Just Dance

"And a one...and a two... and a three... start."

Seungcheol’s P.O.V-
Hoon was only able to take a couple more steps before raising his hand to the side of his head and falling into my arms yet again. I stared at him with worry and lay him down on the couch. I left to go get some blankets for him and when I returned he had his shirt off. Sweat was evident on his pale face. I hope he isn’t sick… I placed the sheet over him and sat beside him. His face was scrunched up and he looked uncomfortable. “Is he having a nightmare?....” I saw tears escape his eyes and could hear him whimper slightly. I could imagine he felt uncomfortable sleeping with his mask on so i reached to take it off but his hand firmly grabbed my arm. He tried to glare at me but he just seemed tired. A second later and he was knocked out once more. I sighed and stood to go to my room but then realized he was still holding my arm. I took in a deep breath and sat back down, scanning him. The sheet was coming off of him, revealing his stomach. There were scars and bruises everywhere. Many were from today but some of them… they looked older. Where did he get these? He turned his body so his stomach was on the couch. I slightly gasped. A huge scar ran down his back. So that is the one he was talking about… I sighed and rested my head on the back of the couch. Soon enough my eyelids closed.
Hoon’s P.O.V-
I could hear commotion everywhere and wondered who the hell was speaking when I was resting. Do they want to die?! I tried to block the noise but they were talking too loud. I tried to get off but something was holding me down. What the hell? What did these bastards do? Why are they in my house?! Ugh…They are probably his friends. ing bastard… I opened my eyes slowly and hissed at the lights. Why is it so sunny in here? My place is always dark. I looked to my right side to see them? The boys from school staring at me in amusement and shock. I slightly glared at them before looking down onto my stomach to see pitch black hair. What the hell? I struggled to get my arm out when I slightly yanked the boy's hair, causing him to groan but stay put. “Get off.” He groaned again and shook his head, holding me closer. I felt impatient but nearly screamed when I saw the time. … I’m late! “Yah bastard get the off me!” I roughly pushed him off me and quickly got up. When I felt a slight breeze on my skin, I looked down to see me shirtless. Great. Each of them had surprised looks on their faces. I groaned before picking up my torn up shirt and cursing. Wait till he sees me… I grabbed my stuff and dashed for the door before being blocked by about five bodies. “Hoon you can’t leave yet! You haven’t even eaten! We can drive you to school.” I stared at them in shock. I don’t need to eat… and I am not going to school right now! I have to go somewhere else idiots! I simply shook my head and tried to push my way through but they held me back and forced me to sit down. I took in a shaky breath and rubbed my forehead. When my phone began ringing I slightly jumped and quickly answered it, excusing myself from the group. He was screaming at me and told me to get there right away. I tried to explain to him but he wouldn’t listen and hung up. … I didn’t even have an appetite while eating. I was just nervous… tonight is going to be pretty bad. Once we made it to school I saw him leaning by the school gate. We parked about a block down from him so I needed to get to him before he came over here where more people were. I practically sprinted to him and ignored the questions from the others. He looked at me in amusement before lifting his hand to hit me. “Aish… this punk… thinking he can just skip whichever session he wants.” I bowed to him and apologized to which he chuckled. He leaned into my ear and whispered “You will learn tonight. I have to go.” I shivered at his voice, especially since he my ear before leaving. I sighed and turned around to walk back when I saw Hyemi and the rest of seventeen waiting. Hyemi looked pissed at me. Great… I tried to walk past them but Hyemi roughly grabbed me and turned me around. “Lee Chi Hoon! How could you?! You promised you wouldn’t meet with him!” I sighed and tried to walk away when she revealed it. “I know you need money but you shouldn’t just sell your body to get it!” I turned around to see the shocked looks from the idols and a pissed and hurt one from Hyemi. “Things have changed. Right now.. I don’t care what job it is. I will do anything for money.” I slightly glared at her which even caught me by surprise. I then turned to walk to school. The contest is in a few minutes.
Dino’s P.O.V-
I saw Hyemi angrily stomp the ground before turning to face us. She was about to yell when she sighed and looked at us with sad eyes. “If you guys needed money… you guys still wouldn’t do that right? I mean he could die… there are so many crazy people out there and he is just… selling his body like that.” I could hear her choking up and hugged her. She must be so worried about Hoon. Even I was. What the hell is he thinking? Is money that important to him that he will go to that length to get it? Lust for money can kill you…. It would seem he would know that. I turned to see Seungcheol staring at the walking figure with strange eyes. Why?... why are you looking at him like that? I broke the hug with Hyemi who smiled gently at me then looked towards the rest with pleading eyes. “Can you guys please promise me.. you won’t leave his side after the contest? He absolutely cannot go with that man.” We all nodded at her and watched her silently walk away, leaving us alone with our thoughts. “Let’s go… we have to get ready.” Coups didn’t say anything else but just walked away. He refused to look at us which made me wonder… did he know something we didn’t? When we made it backstage, we saw Hoon in new clothes. He was still wearing the mask… I knew he was uncomfortable to take it off. He was currently wearing black skinny jeans and a black shirt with a red flannel. His bandmates were wearing something similar to it but it was mainly just black. Hoon looked so handsome… He was staring at the stage with such a charismatic look… I could stare at him forever. We all got ready to perform and were all soon led to the front rows of the auditorium. It was PACKED. Many people were holding our signs while others were holding signs with Hoon’s name on it. One by one, contestants were called up and were told to sing. We all were paying attention but at one point we turned to see Hoon..glaring daggers at someone. I looked forward to see BTOB. Why is he looking at BTOB like that?? Hyemi was staring at him with a worried expression and held his hand. He broke his eye contact from the group and turned to her before sighing and looking at the stage. Our vocal unit was next up to sing. We all anticipated what song they would deliver to us. That is when Chocolate came on. I smiled at how they all sang so sweetly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UXy1XsogAGc

They had the lyrics up on a screen above them so it helped some students understand more. We all clapped at our team who grinned from ear to ear. Then it was the Hip Hop teams turn to go up. Knowing them… was about to get real. They all stood with a serious expression until Vernon smirked and the music came on. Of course they chose this song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cogszc9IJ_g

Everyone was singing along to No Flex Zone and was having a good time but Hoon… he kept staring at BTOB. Before I realized it.. the song finished and it was our turn. We prepared to sing OMG but honestly… we were too focused on getting choreography down for our next comeback to pay attention to the contest. So we only had two songs… hahaha oh well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnw0WJUV48c

While we were singing I was staring at Hoon. It isn’t like I wanted to though! I just… did. He was actually looking back at me too but I didn’t have the heart to look away from him. We wrapped the song up and watched Hyemi perform her song. She sang so beautifully and when she finished, Hoon actually clapped for her. He must really care for her.. It seemed as if he was even smiling. Then… then it was finally the moment nearly everyone was waiting for. It was Hoons turn. His group walked up stage and when they did all of his fans went crazy. Everyone went silent as he reached for his mask. It was as if time had stopped. Hell, even we were leaning forward to look at his face. When it came off all hell broke loose. HE WAS Y AS . Pardon my language but damn. He was perfect! Wow… I could feel my face burning up as I looked at him. He confidently grabbed the microphone and waited for the music to come on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ1yqozg6Zg

The start of the song had such an exotic feel to it. We all rocked our heads back and forth to it. That is when he opened his mouth to sing. More screaming came out as he sang. He really is perfect… He looked so y up on stage and ughhh I sound like a fangirl. If he makes me feel like this to this kind of song… I wonder what his y song will be like. His group were all performing with such passion. I loved it. Why would he ever give this up? He could totally make it big. He looked down at BTOB and slightly glared at them before finishing the song up. Everyone pretty much stood up after he finished. He grabbed his mask and silently walked away with his band who were still grinning at him. We all met him backstage and fangirled over him. He only stared at us with a bored expression but once Hyemi tackled him, he smiled. God.. his smile made us all melt. “Lee Chi Hoon. I need to speak to you.” I turned to see Jeonghan practically grab his hand and drag him away.
Jeonghan’s P.O.V-
Once we were alone I grinned and placed my hands on his shoulders. “You wrote it didn’t you!” He stared at me with yet another blank face before questioning what the hell I meant. “That song! That is why you told me not to sing it! Did you write it for someone special? Wow… I knew I recognized your voice!” He continued to stare at me with the same look as before, before knocking my hands off of him. “I didn’t make it. Or sing it. Why the hell would I make a song? Please do some research before confronting me.” I slightly pouted and saw his expression slightly change before he cleared his throat and walked away. So my aegyo has some effect on him? I slightly smirked and trailed along behind him. We were called up on stage and waited for the scores. The judges complimented us but BTOB seemed to have already picked a favorite. And their name was Lee.. Chi...Hoon.” They chose the person who they would eliminate and that student walked off in despair. Then we were allowed to go. I remembered what Hyemi said and quickly looked to find Hoon but he was nowhere in sight. We all slightly panicked and told Hyemi who told us to check his practice room and if he wasn’t there to check a certain address. Since his practice room was empty we went to the address she gave us. It was a rich looking house. We could hear music blaring from inside. When we knocked no one answered so we just walked in. Smoke and alcohol reeked everywhere. It was disgusting but we were careful not to get caught. There were people grinding on each other in different sections of the floor. When I spotted the stairs, we all went up. The second floor was much quieter. One of the rooms was slightly opened so we peaked in. Two people were making out in a corner of the room. The man looked older than us and pretty masculine while the other we couldn’t see. We were going to keep walking when the man began to get lower and we were able to see the other man's face. Hoon! Seungcheol practically busted the door open and we all rushed in to the two surprised faces. They both still had their pants on and only their shirts were off so we didn’t arrive too late. “Yah! What the hell are you punks doing here?!” The man screeched at us while Hoon simply rolled his eyes and grabbed the man, smashing their lips together once again. He is going to continue?! The other man seemed to have forgotten we were here because he grabbed Hoon and pushed him onto the bed before ravishing his body. “GET THE HELL OFF OF HIM!” Seungcheol startled the man and soon enough about three other guys entered. One of them we recognized as the guy from earlier. They motioned the man to leave which he angrily obeyed and got off Hoon. Hoon however… slowly sat up and stared at us with angry eyes. “What the hell do you guys think you’re doing?” Hoon walked towards us but it was hard to look at him with his messy hair, hickies, and red lips. “Hoon… explain to me what is going on. Because of your friends here we lost a potential client who’ll most likely never come back here ALL BECAUSE YOU ED UP!” The unknown man walked to Hoon who was staring at the ground. He slowly lifted his chin up and smiled softly before punching him and sending him to the floor. He crashed into a small table and knocked a vase down, making it shatter. We tried to do something but his friends blocked us from doing anything. He started kicking the curled up boy before kneeling down and grabbing a piece of glass. He sighed and slit his arm, making Hoon cry out. His cry echoed in our minds. “If you don’t want to die.. get out. I will decide if you are suited to work anymore.” He stood up and walked out with his friends. Hoon was glaring at us. Oh.. if looks could kill we would be murdered. He grabbed his shirt and mask before angrily walking out. Seungcheol quickly followed him, with us trailing behind him. As he walked out of the building, he placed his mask on but left his shirt off. I guess he didn’t care if people saw him like that. Blood was running down his arm from earlier and people couldn’t help but stare. We were in a pretty empty alley when Coups grabbed his wrist and turned him around. “What the hell were you thinking huh?! You want to live life like that?!” We were all pretty surprised at him. He usually never goes off like this. Hoon simply scoffed and tried to yank his wrist away but Coups didn’t give in. He only kept dragging him and ignored his protests. We made it to our dorm and Coups pushed him into his room and locked the door, leaving us to our confusion.
Seungcheol’s P.O.V-
The angry boy stood silently, waiting for me to speak. I was so furious at him but didn’t know why. I guess… because of Hyemi? She was so worried about him and then there he goes doing reckless things. “You could die Hoon. You don’t know what kind of sick bastard is going to show up!” I heard him scoff before walking to the window and staring out. “I don’t care. What the hell gives you the right to interfere with MY life.” He turned to glare at me and honestly he had me stumped. We didn’t have any right to do what we did. None at all. “We are worried for you Hoon… so is Hyemi. We don’t want to see you hurt-” I was cut off by him spinning around to face me and screaming. “I’m already hurt! I am already dead! Tell me, if your sister was dying and you had absolutely NO money, WOULDN’T YOU DO WHATEVER IT TOOK TO SAVE HER?! I’M NOT YOU! I DON’T HAVE AN ENDLESS SUPPLY OF MONEY!” I could hear the throb in his voice and knew he was breaking. That is when my leader side came out. I walked up to him and quickly pulled him into a hug. He roughly pushed me away but I only hugged him tighter. “There must be another way… your sister wouldn’t want you doing this.” That is when I did it.. I kissed him. I kissed his forehead and noticed him slightly freeze. Time seemed to have slowed down until I felt him actually hold me back and rest his head on my chest. We stayed that way for less than a minute before he roughly pushed me away from him. “Don’t ever touch me again… I don’t want to be touched by someone like you. And don’t ever come into my life. You or your friends. You may know some parts about me but then you know nothing else. Don’t ing use my situation and sister to get to me. I’ll kill you. You got that?” His voice was ice cold and for some reason.. I couldn’t find the words to respond to him. He sent me one last glare before walking past me and exiting the room. I slightly clenched my jaw and fist before looking out the window. After a couple of minutes I could see Hoon angrily walk away from our dorm.
Hoon’s P.O.V-
I almost let my guard down… I can’t do that again.. but the thing I want the most is to be held. I want to be hugged once more.. but I can’t. I don’t have any time to be comforted… I need to work. For her… As I was walking I started to think. They were terrible thoughts. What if she didn’t make it? What if I am left completely alone? I lowered my head and let the tears drip out when a sharp pain consumed the right side of my head. Why does it hurt so much? I don’t have the time or the money to get it checked out and honestly… I wouldn’t want to. If I found out there was something wrong with me it would only cause more stress and stress… is something I have enough of. As I was walking back to my house I remembered how I was kissed on my forehead. It felt so familiar. I hated it. I hated how I longed for more affection. My parents always showered both me and my sister with so much love that… when they were taken from us, it was so strange. Not waking up to a good morning kiss. Or being able to hug someone before I headed out to school. I slightly smiled at the memories and looked up. I can’t have her taken away from me too… How could I survive then? She is the reason for me to live. She is the only purpose in life that I have! The cold air brushed against my bare skin and sent chills down my spine. I should get home fast… I don’t think I put the heater on. Oh well.. I was about to turn the corner when I heard music playing and a group introducing themselves on TV. I glared at BTOB who smiled happily at the TV. They should all just go to hell. I noticed they were talking about the contest. “Everyone is working really hard and there is a lot of talent shown on stage but there is still that one person who we are rooting for. A boy by the name of Lee Chi Hoon captured our hearts as he performed. We can tell he is a very skilled person. Although we like him we will still judge fairly so please don’t worry.” They all laughed together but I wanted nothing more than to punch that ugly smile off their faces. Bastards… I scoffed at them and continued to walk. When I reached my home I sighed and slowly walked in, hearing the T.V on. “I am home..” My voice was quiet as I walked past the silent figure who didn’t even spare me a glance. Once I walked into my room, I locked the door and fell to my bed. I stared up at the ceiling and cursed the world. I could hear music outside and got up and walked to the window. A black van pulled up and multiple people came out. One was him. Guess he really meant it. This will indeed be a long night. I unlocked my door and simply lay on my bed. It was better that I unlocked the door… better for my safety. I could hear noise outside my door and the next thing I know, it flew open and I was greeted by multiple smirks as well as hungry eyes. “Hoonie… time to play.” They all walked in and locked the door behind them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ1yqozg6Zg