Step One

Just Dance

"And a one...and a two... and a three.. start."

S.Coup's P.O.V-

We had just finished promoting Mansae to the public and our fame was increasing. All of our members were practically jumping around in excitement for what tomorrow would hold. About a week ago we learned we would all be moved to a prestigious art academy to get more training. A lot of stars from many different companies attended it so we were excited. However.. we were also a bit excited to see how many people would recognize us. I sighed in contentment. This fame.. it's so nice. Having people recognize you on the streets, asking for pictures, giving you discounts on food. Yeah... this was the life. I kept daydreaming about how all the girls would swoon over us. Even the guys would! They would want to be our friends and get a little taste of the spotlight. Our manager kept reminding us that it is a pretty fancy school so there is a lot of competition.. but honestly.. none of us are worried. I know that makes us seem a bit cocky but I mean come on. We already went through our training! They are going through it themselves. Honestly I think we are going to give them motivation and help them out if they need it.

Hoon's P.O.V-

I had just finished filming my dance choreography for some song I happened to stumble across. It was a pretty good song so I decided to make my own choreo for it. I was sitting in one of the more packed practice rooms. While I was uploading the dance on Youtube, I saw a bunch of girls rush over to me. "Hoon oppa! Um... I wanted to ask you if you wanted to have lunch with us? You don't have to though!" Her face was getting pretty red but it didn't phase me. I slowly got up and stared at her. "I'm sorry. I have other plans. Maybe another day." I grabbed my bag and started walking away. I could hear them all fangirling and rolled my eyes. As I was walking down the hall I could hear students gossip about how some boy group was transferring to our school. Great.. exactly what I needed. Some rich ruining my day. If you couldn't tell I have no interest in idols. They honestly annoy me. They consider themselves better than others and always have that fake annoying smile on their face. How stupid... I also noticed that many groups start to get half-assed with their songs after they debuted. Their dances lack energy and emotion. They honestly piss me off. How can people admire people who don't give it their all? It's so stupid... I turned the corner and made it to my private practice room. Mirrors surrounded each wall and it was pure silence. How beautiful... Knowing no one else would come in here, I started to get changed into some more comfortable dance clothes. Of course I only took off my pants and shirt! Nothing else. I grabbed my camera and placed it in the middle of the room. As I was dancing I took a good look at myself. I had pitch black hair and pale skin. I decided to spice things up with my personality so I always wear my choker and mouth mask. A lot of people ask me why I wear the mask. Personally I don't even know. I guess.. so I don't become like those idols. Having a fake smile. I refuse to show anyone a fake smile so that's a good way to hide it. I don't have any friends at this school. A lot of people are interested in being my friend.. but honestly I think it's better to be alone. Of course I have acquaintances. On special occasions I do partner dances but it is very rare. My name is Lee Chi Hoon and I dream of dancing. I dance for her and only her.

S.Coup's P.O.V-

The very next morning all of us got ready for our first day of school. The drive was pretty loud considering we were all nervous and excited. What if no one noticed us? What is no one cared? Our doubts quickly vanished as we approached the academy. Many people were standing at the gate, holding banners with our names and faces on it. It warmed our hearts to know people loved us. We weren't nobodies. We all got out of the van and started waving and doing fanservice for the fans. We even took pictures! So generous.. About an hour later we finally got into the school and away from the fans. It was much calmer inside. While we were walking we thought we heard fans running after us so we started to run as well. When we turned the corner, Vernon ended up slamming into someone, causing him to stumble back. We all stared in shock as the boy glared at us. Immediately we took notice of his mask. How strange. Some girls were walking past us and started fangirling but it wasn't over us... it was over him? "G-Good Morning Hoon." One quickly bowed at the boy before running past. I heard him sigh and turn around, about to walk when I grabbed his arm. He looked at me with cold eyes before yanking his hand back. "We are pretty lost. Do you mind showing us where the office is?" He stared at us all for a bit before I could have sworn I heard a chuckle. He then turned around and started walking. Great... we just got blown off by some dude. Nice start to the day. We were about to ask someone else when he stopped walking and turned around. "Hurry up." Surprised at his tone, we all nodded and followed. He was strange. He seemed to recognize us but it was as if he didn't care. Did he not care?? How?? We were walking in silence until Dino stopped walking and nearly screamed. We all turned around, including the boy and stared. "W-Wait! You're Hoon?! Lee Chi Hoon!?" We were all pretty confused and looked at the boy who cutely titled his head before nodding. Dino practically turned into a girl and started jumping up and down. "OMIGOSH I AM SUCH A BIG FAN! I HAD NO CLUE YOU ATTENDED THIS ACADEMY. OMIGOSH THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. CAN I GET YOUR AUTOGRAPH?! I MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUT.." I slightly hit him. It was obvious the boy was not a fan of the screaming. Dino seemed to catch on fast because he gasped and covered his mouth. Hoon simply took a deep breath and turned. "The office is at the end of the hall." After stating the needed information he turned to us and gave us another rather cold look before walking away.

Hoon's P.O.V-

So one recognizes me. Great... I didn't post my videos up online to get attention. I only did it for her. Her only. I walked into one classroom and was instantly swarmed by girls. "Oppa! You're blowing up online! Look!" They practically shoved their phones into my hand. As I looked at the screen, my eyebrow slightly went up. It seemed someone took a picture of me and those idiots from before. The caption, "The 2 rising stars meet." Rising star? Don't make me laugh. "Oppa are you friends with them? How cool!" I was about to speak when another girl grabbed my arm and dragged me toward her. "Sorry guys but me and Hoon need to practice now." I looked over to see Hyemi. She was a pretty y girl and was also the girl that was usually my dance partner. She approached me first and practically begged me to work with her. At first I refused but once I saw her dance I changed my mind. She was terrible. Absolutely horrible. I have never seen anything so pathetic in my life. However... I admired her. She had a strong determination and love for dancing which touched my heart. So.. I agreed and let her into my crew. Throughout the years she got really good. Almost advanced. Some people say she pretended to just to get me to tutor her but I strongly disagreed. No one can pretend to THAT bad. Most of the academy refer to us as the ultimate couple. The charismatic couple. She rather enjoyed it but I honestly didn't care much about it. She was dragging me to our practice room and was giggling. I smiled softly behind my mask and nearly laughed along with her. She is a pretty big dork and is the only one in the entire school who has seen me without my mask on. Long story short, she walked in on me in the shower. Don't even ask why she was with me in the first place... it was a dark time. We walked in the practice room and automatically froze. "Ah! Hoon! I knew this was your practice room!" The idols from earlier were all sweaty and were sprawled out on the floor. I sighed in annoyance. "Wait is that Hyemi! Wow! She is so pretty in person!!" Hyemi giggled and grabbed me, leading me towards them. She knew why I despised idols. She knew why I danced... in the end she knew everything about me. "We can give you your room if you need it. We will just be over there practicing okay? And then we will leave." Before Hyemi could speak I nodded and walked to the wall, setting my bag down and pulling out some clothes. I could feel the stares as I changed in front of them all. Who cared? That's when I froze... wait... I quickly spun around to see Hyemi holding a sheet to cover me. I gave her a look to let her know I appreciated it. She simply smiled and winked at me. Once I was done we made our way over to the middle of the room. The idols weren't even practicing. They were sitting like children, staring at us. I rolled my eyes and started playing the music.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y7VoOUcAwI8

This time we were dancing a hip hop dance. We had practiced before so we quickly jumped into it. I was in my own little world and slightly smiled. In the corner of my eye I noticed she was tangling her feet together. A second later and she was about to fall but I quickly caught her. We were in the typical romance pose. The girl staring lovingly into the man's eyes as he holds her body from the ground. "OOOH's" and "AAAH's" erupted from the room as they all clapped at my action. Why are they clapping?? I could see Hyemi blushing a bit and raised my eyebrow at her. Once I brought her back up I looked at the boys, as if telling them to shut up, which they understood. I then turned to look at Hyemi who looked so upset. Hyemi... she has some problems with her body. She especially struggles with her legs. I sighed and placed my hands on her shoulder. "Hey.. don't worry about it. We will get it next time." She looked at me and pouted before looking back at the ground. "When you turn your feet, gently lift off your left leg and put all your weight on the right. The turn will be smoother." I took a couple steps back and watched as she tried to attempt it. After about three tries, she got it. She was jumping up and down and nearly tackled me. "Hoonie!! Thanks!" I rolled my eyes at the annoying nickname. I gently pushed her off and moved back. As we continued dancing, the boys also started dancing. Everything was going pretty well until.. they kept complaining that they couldn't get a specific part right. Normally I wouldn't care but they just kept getting louder and louder. I chose this room specifically since no one knew about it. I wanted peace and quiet. About 5 minutes later, I had enough. I stopped the music and marched towards the boys who seemed rather nervous. "Show me the dance." I glared at the boy who simply nodded and did the dance. I then pointed at the other boy. "Let me see you do it." He cleared his throat before attempting it. That's the problem. I grabbed his hand and placed his body in front of the mirror. "When you jump back, you keep landing on the front of your feet. It needs to be the middle. You need a solid land or else you're going to hurt yourself. Once you get to the ground, quickly turn your body, not just your waist. You need to turn all together. Not one by one. Let me see you." He stared at me in shock before nodding and attempting it. He got it wrong. "Again." I had to repeat this word multiple times until he finally got it. "Wow! T-Thanks Hoon!" You could tell he was pretty embarrased. I simply nodded and walked back to Hyemi who was smiling at me. Me and Hyemi practiced for a bit more until she wanted to take a break. I nodded at her and grabbed a chair, allowing her to sit. She grinned at me and sat down before I reached into my bag and pulled out some snacks and a water bottle for her. Once she was eating, I grabbed a different CD and put it in the stereo.

Hoshi's P.O.V-

We all saw how he treated Hyemi. It was pretty admirable. I mean first he catches her before she falls, encourages her to try again, and then even gives her food? That is the perfect man right there. We all noticed how he didn't take any breaks. He grabbed a camera and placed it in the middle of the room before turning to us and giving us a look, as if telling us to be quiet. The music slowly began before it started speeding up. I was impressed with his choreography. It was definitely advanced. He was even better than me! His body was moving so fiercely yet so delicately. It was so smooth and beautiful. You can tell he is passionate about it. I admire him for that. He quickly finished and changed the song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-LXl4y6D-QI

This time a more ballet-type song came on. We stared in awe at how his body gracefully moved along to the beat and rhythm of the song. Such talent... Each time he landed on his feet, it was so silent. He was careful and beautiful...I found myself admiring his skill. It would be a great experience to dance with him… he is definitely a pro.. I could get some tips. His eyes give off such a piercing gaze and yet they draw everyone closer. He is mysterious that is for sure.. Once he finished that one, I noticed he wasn't out of breath at all. How impressive! I was about to compliment him but I seemed to get the vibe that he wasn't interested in us. Or rather... he didn't like us. "Ah! Hoonie! I'm late for my solo!! Make sure you come watch okay? Or else." Hyemi rushed to grab her things before giving a small peck on the check to him. He didn't seem to have any reaction to the sudden skinship. I would totally be a blushing mess if someone as cute as her did that. Once she left us, he walked to gather his things before his phone went off. Once he answered it the atmosphere completely changed. I even heard him laugh! It was so sweet and silky. After he ended his conversation he grabbed his things and turned to walk away when Dino ran over to him and bowed in respect. "Thank you for letting us watch you!" I shook my head at the boy but Hoon simply stared before walking out. Once he left we all took a deep breath. "AHHHHH HE IS SO COOL." Coups sat him down and forced him to confess. Exactly who is this dude? "He is Lee Chi Hoon. A really famous dancer on Youtube. I can't believe you guys don't know who he is! I accidently stumbled onto his channel and let me tell you! No regrets!! No one has ever seen him without his mask on but some people say that Hyemi has. Other than him being a famous dancer, no one really knows anything about him. His Youtube channel is called JustDance. Pretty simple but holds a strong effect. He also refuses to dance to anyone else's choreography, it all comes from him!” Dino's eyes glittered as he spoke about the boy. "It makes sense that he is famous. I mean his dancing was no joke and he has the looks for it. However was I the only one that noticed he didn't seem to happy to be by us?" We all gave a pretty awkward laugh as we remembered his cold glare.

Hoon's P.O.V-

As I was walking I heard some gossiping about me. A girl I recognized rushed over. "Oppa is it true you're actually dating Hyemi? I mean you guys would look really cute but you never seemed to have any interest in her." I raised my eyebrow, confused as to what the hell this girl was talking about. She seemed to get the clue and pulled out her phone, showing me a video of me catching Hyemi. I guess one of those punks recorded me and uploaded it. Great. She asked me again if I was but this time more people crowded around me. I felt people staring at me and turned to see the guys from earlier. Sighing, I walked towards them. "Please don't upload any video of me without my permission. Take it down." A tall boy scratched the back of his neck before chuckling in embarrassment. "S-Sorry Hoon. I'll take it down right away." I slightly rolled my eyes before turning to the crowd of girls. "Like you said earlier I have no interest in Hyemi. She is only a dance partner." After stating that fact I walked away. I knew it came off as rude but I honestly don't care. Even Hyemi knows that I only see her like that. She said she was fine with it, just as long as we could continue working together. Remembering that she told me her solo was today, I made my way to the auditorium. There were a bunch of people there so I stayed at the back and leaned on the wall. She walked out in a beautiful white diamond dress. Her hair was braided and decorated in diamonds as well. She was stunning. Our eyes met for a second before she smiled and then looked towards the judges.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q9FCXNmaZUU

Soon a piano song came on. It sent chills up my spine as well as some memories I'd much rather not recall. When she started singing I got goosebumps. Her voice was elegant. So mesmerizing. So addictive. I smiled as she gave it her best effort. Once she finished, I was probably the loudest one clapping. She looked at me and grinned which earned a thumbs up from me. I slowly walked backstage and met her. She gave me a hug and asked how she did. "You were amazing." She grinned at my answer and rushed to go get changed however I had to help her undo the back of her dress. Darn ribbons. We were walking to go to our class which was a vocal one. I refused to sing in front of anyone.. I can't. I just can't. I've stopped singing for good. When we walked in we saw a big crowd surrounding the boys from before. I simply ignored them and walked to my seat. This class period would be long. I would get yelled at once more for not singing but it didn't matter. Nothing mattered anymore. Hyemi sat next to me and started playing with her phone. I did so as well. I was going to text her but looked at the time. She would be asleep.. I smiled softly thinking of her sleeping. How cute. Soon enough the teacher came in and started lecturing us. She made us all stand up in a circle. "Okay we will go in order and I want each person to sing the next note. Okay? We will get higher each person." I groaned inside and simply stayed seated. "Lee Chi Hoon. Why aren't you participating?" I leaned back in my chair and saw all eyes turn to me. "Why should I?" Some girls were smiling. I may be nice at times but for things like this.. I can be pretty rude. Some people consider me to be a bad boy while others just think of me as strange. "How do you plan on becoming an idol when you won't even sing? Dancing isn't the only thing there is to it you know." Annoyed I rolled my eyes at her. "Who said I wanted to be an idol? I hate them. They're nothing but pathetic excuses for people. Dancing is the only thing I do and I am certainly not doing it to become an idol." I got shocked looks from the new students but the other students were used to me and the teacher arguing. "How can you come to this school with the goal of not being an idol?" I sat back and shrugged at her. "Wasn't my idea to come to this school. If I could I'd honestly drop out." I was smirking at her but of course no one could see. I have to deal with this bull every single day. It was quite tiring. "Oppa you said you hate idols... then you hate seventeen oppas??" A girl spoke making me look at the guys. "So that's who they are. Like I said before.. I hate idols." After stating that fact I got up, grabbed my bag about to walk out when the teacher spoke again. "So that's all you plan to do with your life? Just dance? Nothing more." Annoyed with her I turned around and stared at her bored. "No. I plan to quit dancing once I graduate. Now if you'll excuse me... I have practice to do." I bowed sarcastically to her and turned around, walking out.

Dino's P.O.V-

He hates us? And he didn't know who we were?! But... why? I felt pretty sad... my idol doesn't like us. He even called us pathetic. Why does he hate idols so much? We work our asses off just to make it to the stage... how are we pathetic? I was quite shocked to hear he had no interest in having his name known. I was even more shocked to hear he was quitting dancing. Why? He is so talented! He could go so far! I mean he is passionate about it so why not pursue it?! It just doesn't make any sense...

Hoon's P.O.V-

I was walking out of the classroom when my phone started ringing. Immediately my hands rushed to grab it. I was grinning as I spoke into it but that grin faded away when I heard her voice. Her sweet voice... She was speaking about the videos I uploaded and how much she loved it. I chuckled at how adorable she sounded and continued to walk. She soon hung up the phone. I was walking in complete comfort, hearing her voice made everything seem lovely once again. However I soon stopped when I heard faint singing. It sent chills down my spine.. it was so familiar and so silky. Unknowingly, I walked towards it. I looked into the room to find a member of Seventeen singing. I sighed in annoyance and was about to turn and walk away when I heard it.. that song. I clenched my fists and looked down angrily. That is when I heard one of the bells ring. I shook my head and started walking but that song kept repeating in my head.... and soon I found myself humming along to it. I quickly froze and remembered how she was... how she cried. My eyes were beginning to sting a bit as I recalled her expressions. I took a shaky breath in before walking towards the cafeteria. I grabbed a bottle of water and sat down, rubbing the sides of my head. I began to recall my childhood and automatically, anxiety and depression ran through my blood. "Hoonie!" I looked up to see Hyemi calling me. When she saw me she quickly sat down and stared at me. "What's wrong?" I sighed and shook my head, turning away before laying my head down on her lap and closing my eyes. I felt her hands slowly caressed my hair before she gently began to play with it. It made me feel warm. "I heard the song again." I felt her hands stop moving and slowly opened my eyes. She stared at me with eyes full of worry. I closed my eyes again, tired of seeing hers. Her sad eyes didn't suit her... she deserves to always be happy. "Hoon... you should really just let it go. I understand why you're doing this but... it isn't healthy. Throwing your whole life away...throwing your dreams away..." I furrowed my eyebrows and folded my arms. "I didn't throw my life away. I just threw a stupid idea away."