000

Behind the Wolf

Legends says you will find your true mate --- your soulmate and be forever with them. Months will pass. Years may pass. You may not meet your mate, but wait. How long does waiting take?
A wolf never died alone. A wolf never want to be alone. A wolf needs their mate. Without them, they are useless. Weak. Nothing. No one. Their mate are the one to bring them to joy. To make them one again. To be themselves.
Three years. Three years passes. He finally got his mate. But fate play with them. He cannot stay with her. He must leave. Be independent. Be strong. Be a man. And come back. He must learn the way of a wolf. He must leave the country. He must be somewhere else. Broken, he understand. He must make her fall for him. Because by the time he returned, she will be a woman. Mature to understand “us”. A mate. A soulmate. A lover.

 

“Mommy. I feels something. It feels weird, but I don't know what it is.”

“Honey, what do you means?”

“When I'm around ----”

“Around who dear?”

“Around that person right there.”

The boy point to the woman.

His mother follow her son finger.

“Her?”

He nod his head.

“Sweetie. That's Noona Haeryung.”

“Noona Haeryung?”

“Yes sweetie.”

“But mommy. It's not her.”

“What do you mean?”

“Umm...I don't know.”

“Sweetie, why don't you go play with your friends. Mommy will go talk to Daddy about this. Okay?”

“Okay Mommy.”

The boy ran off to his friends.

 

“Honey. I think our son had found his mate.”

“What? At the age?”

“Yes honey.”

“How...What...When?”

“That information…I do not know.”

“With who?”

“Haergung’s unborn child.”

“Haeryung?”

“Yes.”

“Must be faith.”

“Must be.”

 

“On three push!”

“1.2.3. Push!”

A cried was hear. Everybody looks up. Smiles on their faces. Everybody gather around Haeryung. Taehyung came up to his wife and daughter. He smile and pick her up. The cried slowly quiet down. Taehyung couldn't stop staring at his daughter. The most precious child in the world. He look back at his wife. They both smiled.

“Honey,” he says. “What should we name her?”

“Nana. Her name should be Nana. To show grace, to be our shiny star,” she smile. “Our bright little star.”

“Nana. I love the name, the meaning behind it, I love it.”

Taehyung kiss Haeryung on the cheek and gives Nana to her. Once again everybody smiles. This was the perfect memories, the perfect moment. A newborn is always the greatest things in the world. It makes everybody fills with happiness.

 

Later that day.

“Kris honey. Meet Nana.”

“Nana? Who's Nana?”

“Nana is Noona Haeryung’s baby.”

“Nonna Haeryung?”

“Yes.”

“Where Nana?”

Kris looks around.

“Kris,” Haeryung says. “Nana is right here with me.”

Kris went to Haeryung.

“Noona… Can I see Nana?”

Haeryung smiles and says, “Yes. Of course.” “She is yours,” she whispered to herself.

Kris climbs up to the bed and look at Nana. His eyes never leaving her sight. He smile. Both mother look at him. They smile. She was the one. The one to make his whole world stop.

 

Three months later…

“Nooooo. I don’t wanna go. I wanna stay with her.”

“Sweetie. I’m sorry. You must.”

“Mommy. Daddy. I don’t. I wanna stay with Nana. I want her.”

“Son, you will be back. Become a man. Wait for her,” his father replied.

“But Daddy...I can’t. How can you expect me to live without her!”

Tears forming. A drop of tear came down the boy face. His mother wipe the tear for him.

“Sweetie, I know it’s hard. We will be back. She will be waiting for you like you’re waiting for her.”

“Mommy, how do you know.”

“Because I know.” “She’s your you know,” she whispered to herself.

Kris took one last look at Nana. He kiss her cheek for goodbye.

“I’ll be waiting for you. Will you?”

 

Times passes. Nana grew older. Kris waited. Seventeen years…

“She’s seventeen, I’m twenty. I’m coming for you. I hope you’re waiting for me like I am. I know now; you are my mate. Faith brought us together.”

 

“I don’t know, but I feels like I’m missing something. No. Someone. I feels lonely. Weak. Useless. But I must ignore. Feeling...feeling is hard to explain. I can hide my feeling, I shouldn’t let it out. Someday I will understand this feeling of missing someone. But what is it like to be loved by someone?”

 

“Beauty isn’t what is shown on the outside. It’s shown in the inside. You are beautiful just the way you are. To me, you are beautiful. No one will stand beside me and tell you that. Only I could. Because you’re mine and only mine. Never let anyone touch you. Only me. Do you understand?”

 

“Why do you keeping coming into my life?”

“Because I can.”

“Can’t you go?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Because…”

“Because what.”

“You will know someday.”

 

“I need you in my life! Without you..I’m nothing! I love you!”

 
Author Notes: Here's the first chapter...Well, just a per-chapter. Hope you enjoy it. Look forward to my updates.