[1/1] Click

Think Fast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyora swore to God she was slowly losing it. Not only Jeonghan, who smelled like lavender and the guy who had the most beautiful and smooth hair in the world, found out her crush on him, now Hyora had to get stuck with strangers inside a conference room of the most prestigious international school in Seoul. If there was anything she hated the most, it was to make friends against her own will.

 

Because of the project she had volunteered to help, she had to be at Seoul International School. You might think it was just some stupid dumb school with dumb rich kids — and you are absolutely correct. The school was filled with ridiculously intelligent, good looking and wealthy kids. Hyora knew she was not pretty nor she was ugly, but being around these people made her feel like an ogre. Just like Fiona in Shrek. Only Fiona was somehow prettier than her.

 

Hyora was not sure what exactly happened but she was slowly tearing up. She was feeling overwhelmed and she did not even know the exact reason why.

 

The person in front of them were explaining something Hyora did not care about while Hyora was trying her hardest not to sob right there and then. She did not notice it first but when she looked up after wiping her tears, she saw a boy staring straight at her through the glass window.

 

Embarrassed that he probably saw her, she looked away, sniffed and pretended that she was focused at the presentation.

 

Great. Now a kid from this famous kid saw her crying. Just great.

 

 

 

 

 

Seokmin could have sworn it was accidental. It was not his fault that he happened to glanced inside the conference room and saw a girl crying. He wondered how he, a guy who was outside of the room, noticed she was crying while the other around her were so focused on the presentation.

 

He did not have the intention to stare but he could not help it. He just had to. He wanted to know what was wrong. Seokmin wanted to enter the room, and just asked her right away when the head of the volunteers called them out.

 

"Okay, guys, when the presentation is over, they'll be having ice breaking session, yeah? I want the photographers to capture every single moment, alright?"

 

Yes, Seokmin thought. At least he had a reason to go inside the room and check on the girl.

 

Seokmin hung the strap of his camera on his neck, adjusting the lens as he waited for Mr. Kim to finish his presentation about the school. Seokmin was lucky enough to get good grades for him to have a scholarship to enroll in the school.

 

Not only the school was multicultural, it also provide good environment for Seokmin to learn more about photography. Seokmin was not the best photographer or whatsoever, but he truly enjoyed capturing pictures. He loved keeping memories the most — even if they were not his.

 

Seokmin watched as Mr. Kim handed the guests papers and as soon as the head of the volunteers gave them a signal, they slowly went inside.

 

 

 

 

There was nothing Hyora hated more than conversing with strangers. She was stuck with Jiyeon, who, unfortunately, was a people's person. These students from different school was forced to play ice-breaking — where they were given a piece of paper full of description and their job was to find a person suitable with the description.

 

For example, the first one would be 'hates chocolate' so they need to ask people around whether they dislike chocolate or the other way around until all the description is filled.

 

Hyora did not feel like doing anything at all. She only stood dumbly, her back rested on the wall as she watched students from other schools beginning to converse. Jiyeon knew how aloof Hyora could be with strangers so being a good friend she was, she decided to stick beside Hyora all the time.

 

Hyora was feeling sorry that Jiyeon had to be stuck with a loser like her but at the same time, she did not give a damn at all. She was feeling sorry for herself that she did not bother to be nice to the others.

 

A few people approached Jiyeon, asking her questions while she answered to them brightly. Hyora wished Jiyeon would stop beaming — it was killing her.

 

Hyora was in a bad mood and all she wanted to do was bring everybody down with her. She pretty sure she scared a girl who tried to ask her a question but then again, Hyora was having a bad time and she seriously wanted to be left alone.

 

Hyora could see Jiyeon was only left with a few blank spaces while Hyora's paper was totally clean.

 

She was not sure what she was feeling — perhaps regret because she did not want to be in this so-called prestigious school in the first place. Being here made her feel so small and worthless, like she did not deserve to step a foot inside this school.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter