(I'm In Love With) That Girl

The Same Things (That We Don't Know)

Jiwon has not an ounce of creativity in him. He’s a tech dude, who can work with anything that’s got a computer and some wires. He’s always found it hard to be particularly imaginative about things, preferring to take them as they are.

Which is what makes life that much harder the day he sees Min Dahyun.

He’s at the train station on Thursday, going to meet Jackson, who needs help with some new recording equipment he just bought, when Dahyun takes a picture of him.

(It’s not actually him she’s taking a picture of, it’s the clock on the wall a ways away from where he’s standing, but she takes the shot from where she is for the added dramatic element of busy but blurry surroundings. Jiwon doesn’t know this, of course, so he thinks it was him.)

He blinks a few times and whips his head around when he hears the click, eyes finally setting on a girl with a camera in her hands.

She looks up from the screen when she notices someone’s eyes on her, and apologizes. Jiwon’s not sure if she said anything else, because now he’s just looking at her, and he kind of thinks she’s cute.

They continue to stare at one another until she realizes that her train has come, and politely says goodbye. Again, Jiwon can’t recall her exact words.

They meet again two weeks later when he’s on his way to help one of Jackson’s friends with a new editing program.

Dahyun doesn’t notice him this time, but they end up boarding the same train, and Jiwon can’t help but notice her.

Her outfit isn’t necessarily anything special, with a hoodie, jeans, and slightly worn Converse high-tops, but Jiwon thinks he’s seen the highest in high fashion. He feels light, as though he isn’t really here, a coma patient having an out-of-body experience.

But Jiwon is here, and so is this girl, and he hopes to God there’s a reason for that.

Eventually, they reach their stop. She gets up at the same time that he does, and he really, really hopes that he isn’t blushing too hard.

It takes another five minutes for Jiwon to realize that they’re literally walking the same path.

“Um, excuse me?”

Oh, God.

“You wouldn’t happen to be named Jiwon, would you?”

Oh, God, how does she know his name?

“Uh, yes...”

(His voice cracks, but he doesn’t notice, and she pretends that she doesn’t either.

“I think we’re going to the same place, then. You’re meeting someone named Yoongi, right? That’s my brother.”

Jiwon makes a sound that’s somewhere between indicating “I’m politely interested in what you just said and I am curious to learn more about you” and “oh my god oh my god oh my god Yoongi please invite me over again please please PLEASE”

They continue walking in silence, and all Jiwon can do is think about spelling out a declaration of love in 0s and 1s.

So maybe he’s a little imaginative after all.


                                                                                                                         fin