Departure

Cadaverous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was weird to think that I studied hard enough to be able to be accepted into one of the best universities of Busan, but what brought sorrow to my eyes was the fact that I would separate from my aunt who was there for me since I was about a year or two old. 

My parents are not able to be present throughout my aging. Physically, that is. 

After a couple months of being born, my mother and father were in a tragic car accident. My mother was in a coma for months until she was put off of life support, while my father died at the scene. 

Not having parents growing up was not an obstacle, seeing that my aunt and uncle were there to replace them and gave me the happiness that any parent would give to their child. I am forever grateful for them taking me into their home without any hesitations.

I was even told that I had imaginary friends by my aunt and uncle, in which I've named them by my parents. Although the memory is extremely vague, I do recall this. But, I do not recall them being imaginary. I remember seeing dark shadows and orbs as a child, but these visions discontinued once I turned about 4 or 5. I'd like to consider my "imaginary friends" as my actual parents, since I gave them their names and they did no harm to me when I saw them. 

I found it interesting how children can see spirits, as the theory says. I've wanted to look into it more but I never really had the time to. Knowing that I'd be devoting 6 years of college to become a nurse and help those in need put in a lot of st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter