Temperance

WANTED: Daddy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Hello~ nice to meet you. I’m Shin Hana.”

My jaw dropped as I watch my girlfriend turn a hundred and eighty degrees when she met face to face with my parents. She bowed politely had her cute cheeky smile. “Aigoo, you have a very cute girlfriend, son.” Appa tells and shook hands with Hana. Eomma on the other hand went close and gave her a side to side kiss on the cheeks. “Baekhyun told me you own a salon~ Omo, I want to try it out sometime okay?” Eomma asks in delight.

“Yes, of course ma’am. We have a lot of service there that you can try out. Thank you.” Hana answers while constantly bowing her head lightly. What the hell is wrong with this woman? She sure knows how to communicate in any kind of situation, I’m so impressed. “You have a lot of manners, you can just call us Eomonim and Abeonim since our son here seems to adore you so much.” Eomma tells and I just look down while smiling.

Of course before planning to bring Hana here I told them everything first; even the agreement to have a wholesome relationship as much as possible until marriage, that alone made them approve of Hana right away.

But like I quoted, AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE UNTIL MARRIAGE.

I’m still not counting on it. I have a feeling we would fail that part because we just love each other that much. But anyway, I’m still willing to challenge myself if she’s strong enough to prove me wrong, right?

“Thank you, Eomonim, Abeonim.” Hana grins while scratching her neck. She then glances at me, I could see her meaningful gaze and as expected, she winked at am. I just roll my eyes while chuckling. “Anyway~ we should go to the garden at the back, we prepared a nice brunch I that’s alright? It’s pretty late for breakfast now anyway.” Appa tells and leads us to our wide backyard. Hana tugs on my arm and leans closer. “May I have water. . .” She whispered to me and I hold the urge to laugh.

“Aish, this is what you get for finishing all the tarts.” I mutter back and glance at my parents. We arrived out and I brought her right away to the long wooden outdoor table. Some of our maids were grilling some meat and a few veggies at one side while others were fixing the basket containing a variety of bread, pitchers of three kinds of juice and also water. “Are there other more guests?” Hana whispers to me as I grab a glass from the tray and pour her some water. “Nope, why?” I ask before handing her the glass.

She drank it in one shot and places it straight down the table which made a quite loud sound like the glass almost broke. I cover my eyes in embarrassment when I saw my parents chuckling at what she did. Hana looks flustered herself and bows at my parents. “Sorry, I didn’t know your table makes that sound. . . I’d be careful next time.” She mutters shyly but I felt her pinching my back which made me yelp. “I’ll just check on the food they are grilling. You two go ahead and sit.” Eomma tells and walks to one side of the garden for a while.

Appa on the other hand sat down across Hana and I.

“So you’ve met Gaeul?” He asks and Hana smiles before nodding. “Yes, I did. Baekhyun let me meet her even before we became a couple. It’s a pretty funny story of how it happened.” Hana answers without hesitation and I smile feeling proud of not having to encourage her to talk like some other girls could have seek for. “Oh really? Mind sharing?” Appa asks and I was already covering my eyes while looking away.

The whole time Hana tells the story to my father I couldn’t look as I listen to my father laughing every now and then.

“So~ my son was such a humiliation huh? I’m so sorry about that Hana. He tends to assume real quick.” Appa tells which made me finally look at them with a pout. “Yah~ why am I being the bait here?” I complain. “He also acts more girly than I.” Hana adds and I nudge our knees together while glaring at her. “Aigoo. Can’t blame him. He has softened so much after raising a daughter all alone.” Appa tells which made the atmosphere pretty solemn and silent. I look down while smiling lightly.

I felt Hana’s hand on top of mine under the table which made me turn.

“Don’t worry Abeonim, he won’t be alone now anyway.” She answers and my heart flutters upon what she said. I hold back on her hand and interlock our fingers tight. “Anyway~ may I ask permission to bring Baekhyun and Gaeul in Jeju two weeks from now? I just thought you might search and get worried for them on that day if they’re not in town.” She then changes the topic.

And again I was left embarrassed.

I’m too old to be asked for permission from my parents.

This silly woman.

As expected, Appa burst out of laughter while shaking his head. “This woman’s funny. Baekhyun, I’m seriously saying yes to her.” Appa tells in between laughter. That made me laugh along and put an arm over her. I pinch her cheek and she looks back with her pout. “And since you’ve mentioned it. We actually have a rest house there, you can use it.” Appa suggests but Hana quickly bowed and shook her head.

“Actually we’re only gonna be there for a day because Gaeul has school. It’s during Arbor day actually. I don’t want Ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter