001

0 (Young) Love (MANSAE! MANSAE! MANSAE!)

Hyo Eun stood outside the convenience where she worked at when she spotted the black car. The driver greeted her and opened the door for her. “Please get in agashi.”

Hyo Eun looked around and pointed at herself. “Me?” She asked to make sure the driver not mistaken her as his ‘agashi’ and the driver just nodded.

“Get in.”

Oh wait…I think I recognise that voice. She thought. “Agashi?” That driver called again and this time he gently pushed her in to the car before she could do anything. He shut the door softly and went to the driver seat.

“We meet again, Song Hyo Eun-shi.”

“Ajushhi?” She looked at a young good looking guy who sat next to her. She slightly gasped. This guy again… “Wait…where we going? I’m still in my working time. Driver ajushhi please stop this car.” The driver continued to drive and make Hyo Eun worried. Her manager will never let her go if he knew she just left.

 Hyo Eun looked outside the window and getting more worried. What if they want to kidnap me? She bit her lips and decided to ask for the second time, “Where we going?” She looked at Lee Soo Hyuk. He had on a charming smile. That’s smile almost kill her schoolmate. She still remembered the day when she met Soo Hyuk for the first time.

She thought there was idol group coming to her graduation day. She J-hoped Bangtan Boys will come that day…but…deng! It’s Soo Hyuk and she had no idea who he is.

“Have you already thought about it?”

Hyo Eun looked at Soo Hyuk with lost expression but then she remembered something. “ah, that…sorry for disappoint you but my answer is no.” She was expecting Soo Hyuk to ask her but he just nodded. “Don’t you think it weird that I got that scholarship? Scholarship from Pledis University?” she continued.

“Weird?” Soo Hyuk asks calmly.

Hyo Eun sighed. She should be happy to have the opportunity to study at one of the best universities in the country but…

That moment when Soo Hyuk told her,

“Congratulations you have got a scholarship to study at the Shining Diamond Academy.”

She know not everyone especially someone like her can study at the academy and when Soo Hyuk continued his words,

“If you doing well, you are going to continued your study at Pledis University.”

She can’t believe it and she just stood there and stared at Soo Hyuk with are you kimbab-kidding-me look.

Shining Diamond Academy or SDA, one of the best and most famous academy in the country and she still can’t believe a commoner like her got accepted into it. That’s academy full of rich kids. She’s not from chaebol family or not a genius and she more anxious because everyone who study there start from high school day.

“It’s not weird at all.” Soo Hyuk glanced at Hyo Eun since she’s too quite. “We choose you because you have talent.”

“What talent?” Hyo Eun frowns. “I can’t sing, dance or played any instrument.”

Soo Hyuk smirked. “Looks like you don’t know much about our academy. We have more than that include Interior Design. You want to be Interior Designer right?”

“How you know about that?” Hyo Eun narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously. “Wait. You know my full name, where I work, my graduation day and now you…don’t tell me…you’ve been spying on me?!” Her jaw dropped.

“More like keeping a close eye on you, Song Hyo Eun-shi.” Soo Hyuk lightly chuckled. “Here, a folder of your personal file. All the information you need in there. You’re staying in dorm and your…-“

“Hold up…w-what? Personal file? Dorm?” Hyo Eun stared at Soo Hyuk with confused look. “Why you’re so confident that I’m going to agree with you?”

“You have no choice.” Soo Hyuk smile playfully. “Your parent already signed the document.”

“What document?”

“Make sure you packed all your things and don’t worry. The driver will send you there.” Soo Hyuk didn’t answer and it made Hyo Eun even more bewildered.

“Send me? Where?”

“Shining Diamond Academy.”

“WHAT?!”

 

                                                                       **************

 

Hyo Eun quickly took of her shoe and went into the house. “Appa? Omma?” No answer. Hyo Eun looked around the living room. They must be in their room. She thought.

She was about to knock the door when she heard her mother voice.

“Why did you agree to send her at that school? The school is for children from wealthy families. We need to save money for Tae Hyung educations! Don’t waste money on her!”

“Yeobo!” Her father raised his voice. “She’s our daughter too. Don’t say things like that.”

“Now you raised your voice at me because of her?” Her mother snorted. “Why you are always on her side?”

There is short silence between them before her mother opened . “Let just send her there. Maybe this house will be better without…-“

 

                                                                       **************

 

“I’m sorry I can’t go with you.”

“It’s okay appa.” Hyo Eun looked at her father who gave her an apologetic smile. I know you busy with your work. Work is important and…don’t be sorry.” She smiles. They were gathered on the front house, while the driver who ‘kidnap’ her a few days ago waiting at the car. She hugged her father and turned to her brother, Tae Hyung.

“TaeTae-yah…” She called softly before smacked Tae Hyung’s back. “aigoo…my baby, why you crying?”

Tae Hyung scowled at her and rubbed his back. “Noona! Stop calling me baby.” He wipes his eyes. “I’m not a baby and I’m not crying!” he pouted.

 “Really? Auwwuu…my baby.” She cooed and brushes Tae Hyung’s soft hair. She definitely missed her giant baby, the mood maker in their house.

Hyo Eun pulled Tae Hyung into her arms. “Don’t get into trouble…listen to omma and appa. I’m going to miss you.”

Tae Hyung hugged Hyo Eun tighter. “Ne…noona. I’ll miss you too. Noona?”

“umm..?”

“Noona, I love you.”

Hyo Eun was on the verge of crying when she heard those words from Tae Hyung especially when she heard sniffing from him. She cleared and smiles, “I love you too.”

“Agashi, it’s time to go.”

Hyo Eun chuckled a bit when Tae Hyung send a glare to the driver because he just ruining the mood. She patted Tae Hyung’s back. Hyo Eun glances at her mother who stood there without any expression. Looks like she being force to be there with them.

“Omma..” There was silent pause between them before her mother opened . “You should go before it’s late.”

Hyo Eun nodded with small smile. “Ne…”

“Please get in agashi.”

“Thank you.” Hyo Eun bowed and got in the car. She watched her family slowly disappear from the sight as the car travelled further. She sighed heavily.

She put her headphones and began to listen to music. She closed her eyes slowly and decided to sleep through the whole trip.

“Maybe this house will be better without her.”

 

                                                                       **************

 

“Woahh…” Hyo Eun gawked as she stared ahead at the view. She was amazed by the exterior of the academy. She can see the buildings surrounded by green grass clearly. It reminds her of castle with modern touch to it. This academy is huge!

“Woah is right. Welcome to Shining Diamond Academy!”

She turned around and saw a cute male student who wore a neat uniform walked toward her with big smile. “Are you new student?” he asks excitedly.

“Yes, I’m-…”

“Hello new kid! My name is Boo Seung Kwan. Seung Kwan Boo.” Seung Kwan introduces himself with bright eyes. She didn’t know why he looks so happy.

“I’m…” Seung Kwan cut Hyo Eun off before she could introduce herself.

“You can call me Seung Kwan but today call me Boo guideu.” Seung Kwan struggle little bit with ‘guide’ word since he tried to speak English.

“Boo Guide?”

Hyo Eun notice Seung Kwan expression from ‘bright kid’ to ‘judge face’. “Oh. Nice pronunciation. Sound likes you good in English.”

 “I’m…” and again Seung Kwan cut her off.

“Sorry about that. I’m very sensitive to the person who can speak English very well. There two persons but this guy…ah…Vernon-nie…ah…I’ll kill him with my Jeju accent.” Seung Kwan fanned himself dramatically. “So what’s your name?”

“My name is…-

“Where should we go first? Main building? Lecture hall or maybe dorm house? Oh wait…I can’t enter girl’s dorm or I’ll be kicked out.” Seung Kwan laughs.

Hyo Eun looked at Seung Kwan. This kid sure have a lot to say. “Can you show me where-…”

 

“Dining hall? Dining hall! That’s my favourite place in this academy.” Seung Kwan grinned brightly. “Uh?” He looks around and saw Hyo Eun walked away. “New kid, where are you going?”

“I need to check in!” Hyo Eun answers.

“Yah, wait for me! How dare you left Boo Guideu!” Seung Kwan ran to Hyo Eun side. “Let me show you the way.”

Seung Kwan starts to explain about the building around them. “As you can see on your left is a building with red…what’s colour is that brick? Anyway, on your right is a building.”

Hyo Eun kindly nodded as Seung Kwan rambled on and on about the building and the colour of the brick.

“What is your name?”

“I’m-….”

“I think I know what color of the brick is. It’s red!”

“…… wow.”