[FINAL]

I Don't Want the World to See Me (Cause I Don't Think that They'd Understand)

They were in so much trouble. A stray moment, caught on camera by a fancam was blowing up all over the internet, and Jungkook and Jimin were situated on Jimin’s bed, Jungkooks eyes wide and b with tears.

 

“Namjoon-hyung, I-” The leader just shook his head, insisting that Jungkook not say anything.

 

“You know how bad this looks. You know what the fans re going to say about this. We let you guys be together because everyone say Jungkook push you away, Jimin. They thought that is was cute, and loved the unrequited crush that Jimin put on for the cameras. But this…” HE sighs, shaking his head again, the fancam playing on Jungkook’s phone.

 

They were backstage at the KBS Song Festival, done up in white jackets for their special performance of Run and Dope. The lighting was dark, but you could obviously see Jungkook’s hands on Jimin’s waist, and the older boy leaning back into his touch, laying against Jungkook’s chest. A moment that was too intimate to have been meant to be seen, but was caught nonetheless.

 

“BigHit isn’t going to say anything, because the fans just see it as fanservice, and you have been pretty secretive about your relationship thus far, but you have to be more careful! The maknae line is the most popular, and if something like this were to come out into the open…” Namjoon gives them a stern look. “Just watch yourselves okay?” He says, getting up to walk out of the room.

 

As soon as he leaves, the tears spill over Jungkook’s cheeks, the cool demeanor that he held outside to fans breaking down in front of his boyfriend. “I’m sorry Jimin, I didn’t think that they would see, I didn’t think about the fans recording us all the time.” He hiccupped, eyes shining wetly with unshed tears. Jimin’s frown dissipated, and he leaned forward to pull Jungkook into his lap, the taller boy curling into him, hiding his face in his tanned neck.

 

“Kookie, it’s okay.” He says softly, brushing his thin fingers through Jungkook’s dark brown hair, trying to soothe him. “The fans will think nothing of it, I’m sure. It’s just like all the other fanservice that we give out, okay?” Jungkook nods against his neck, slim fingers curled into Jimin’s black t-shirt, sniffling softly. Jimin runs his hands up and down his boyfriend’s back gently.

 

Jungkook’s breathing evened out eventually, his fingers uncurling from Jimin’s shirt. “I think I’m okay now.” He whispers softly, looking up at Jimin, who clicks his tongue softly, and reaches for a tissue.

 

“Let me take off your makeup first, Kook.” He says, starting to remove the heavy makeup from Jungkook’s face, revealing his scars and slight acne from years of heavy makeup around the clock.

 

“There’s my handsome boy.” He says gently, brushing his thumb against Jungkook’s cheek gently, making the younger giggle softly and shake his head.

 

“Yours too.” Jungkook says, wiping off Jimin’s heavy eyeliner, trying not to smear black lines across his face. Jimin laughs softly, and takes the wipe from Jungkook.

 

“You’ve always been terrible at this.” He states, wiping the rest of his makeup off before standing up, getting off his bed. He held his hand out, wiggling his fingers slightly.

 

“Come on. Let’s go eat and we can get some sleep okay?” Jungkook nodded, getting up off the bed and grabbing Jimin’s hand, intertwining their fingers gently. He let Jimin tug him out of the room, leading them to the dining room. Jimin pulled his chair from its original spot to rest by Jungkook’s bright red chair, propping his feet up on Jungkook’s lap.

 

Jungkook looked down at Jimin’s legs, his boyfriend’s tanned thighs exposed in the shorts that he had changed into after their schedules. As the rest of the group filed in, and Jin started to set out the meal, Jungkook rubbed his hands over Jimin’s legs, working the muscles so that all the tense knots were worked out.

 

Jimin’s legs were pushed off of Jungkook’s lap as soon as the meal began by Jin, who insisted that they have some sense of manners at the dinner table.

 

Jimin and Jungkook were first to finish their meals, as was usual of the younger members. Jungkook was extremely tired, and just wanted to curl up next to Jimin and sleep, rather than deal with Taehyung and Hoseok, so they went into the shared room of Namjoon and Jungkook. Namjoon very rarely even stayed in his room, as was usual of the leader and composer, so Jungkook’s room was a sort of quiet safe haven for the maknae when he needed to be away from the craziness of the older members.

 

Jungkook quietly slipped under his red and black comforter, rubbing at his tired eyes. He watched as Jimin went out to the bathroom, before realizing that he needed to brush his teeth. He groaned, getting out of bed and padding into the bathroom across the hall, where Jimin was already situated, brushing his teeth, his orange hair pushed off his forehead.

 

Jungkook blindly grasped for his toothbrush, the red handle indicating that he had the right one. He spread toothpaste onto the brush and set to work brushing his teeth, resting his heavy head on Jimin’s shoulder with a sigh. Jimin looked down at him fondly, before finishing brushing his teeth, and washing his face carefully, Jungkook following suit soon after.

 

“C’mon babes.” He said softly, tugging on Jungkook’s hand, leading the tired boy back into his bedroom, shutting off the light as they made their way to the bed.

 

Jungkook threw himself down on the bed, groaning loudly. “So tired, Jiminie.” He whined, his eyes fluttering shut, which made the older boy smile at him, pulling the comforter out from under his boyfriend.

 

“I know you are baby. Let me just tuck you in.” Jimin said, laying down next to Jungkook and pulling the thick comforter over them both. Jungkook turned so that he was facing Jimin, his face tucked into Jimin’s neck.

 

“Goodnight, Kookie.” Jimin said gently, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend carefully. Jungkook responded with slurred words, soft snores soon leaving his lips soon after.

 

Jimin watched his boyfriend sleep for a little bit, his thumb paused over Jungkook’s plump bottom lip. He admired the scar running down his left cheek, pressing a soft kiss to the mole on his right cheek. He brushed soft brown hair out of his boyfriend’s face before resting his head back against the pillow, eyelids fluttering shut as he fell asleep, dreams of finally being able to flaunt their relationship filling his mind.