Almost human

Wings of my heart

The next day was Saturday and you overslept, not getting up until 10:30 in the morning.
Once she got up, she decided to spend her day off gardening. She actually loved flowers and nature, but because of her busy schedule her yard was dead, and her flower beds looked awful.
Lately you often worked overtime, leaving just little energy for house keeping, but today she would have focused on her yard because it seriously needed a lot of attention.

After wearing comfortable and suitable clothes for gardening, you headed out to her garden shed in the back yard. It was falling apart but it served its purpose.

you opened the shed's door and stepped inside, grabbing a pair of bush shears, a shovel, some flowers bulbs and a pair of gloves. Looking down for a moment, she froze.
Large black feathers, speckled with fresh blood, were covering the floor of the shed.
At first you thought was that a cat must have killed a raven, but the feathers were too big to belong to a raven.

you shivered and for an instant and she had the sensation that somebody was watching her; she whirled, but no one was there.
Shaking her head for acting so silly, she cleaned up the blood mess and went outside to start gardening.

Meanwhile, Kai wiped the sweat from his brow.
In the nick of time he managed to hide before the young human woman could have entered the shed.
Kai really wanted to take revenge, but he was going to do it gracefully, tactically and insidiously and being found out by a human when he was in those bad conditions, wasn't actually part of his plan.

"Instead of killing you all, I'm going to make you love me, until you won't beg me to be your king" Kai began, watching outside the little window. "I will rule the world and take what I deserve, but don't worry my little humans, I'll play with you since you're my toys." And with a smirk he relaxed a bit.

His plan was simple. He would have deceived the humans making them think that he was helping them, letting them do whatever they wanted; but he knew that humans without law meant disasters and death and that was his goal.

After spacing out, he got back to his senses and realized that he was still and injured. As a priority he had to find clothes and a way to heal his broken wings.
Kai carefully limped over the patch of woods behind the garden shed where he slept the night before and decided that it would have been a safer place where to sleep from now on.

He was cold so he snapped his fingers, but nothing happened.
He was disappointed and angry but he expected that. When an angel is thrown out of heaven, all his powers are stripped away from them, expect for a few minors ones.
Kai grumbled and cursed under this breath as he made a fire in the old fashioned way. His wounds were really starting to bother him and the cold didn't help.
He curled up beside the fire, too weak to move. He would steal clothes and food tomorrow.
Yes, food, because ever since he landed on Earth he had suddenly felt the need to eat.
How annoying.
He was almost a human now, expect for his wings.
Luckily tho, humans couldn't see them.
They couldn't see anything magical.
How sad for them he thought while felling asleep.


A/N: I feel bad writing something where Kai is such a jerk xD

Anyway I hope you'll enjoy the story anyway :3