Shooting star

Wings of my heart

you's p.o.v

I was an insomniac and being awake until late at night was nothing new to me.
As usual outside everything was quiet and the only audible sound was the wind blowing, moving gently the plants' branches.

It was only 3:00 in the morning when I gazed out of my bedroom's window, bored, and something strange caught my attention.
An unusual bright shooting star zipped down from the night sky and seemed to land in my neighborhood.
I mechanically approached my hands together in sign of prayer, ready to make a wish, but I had no idea what to wish for and the only thing that came out of my mouth was "Thank you God for this beautiful star, maybe I'll be able to sleep now".
After that I rubbed my eyes feeling suddenly tired and I walked over to my bed, soon falling asleep with an huge smile on my face.

That night I dreamt about an handsome young man with white feathery wings, calling my name.
I had no idea who he was or well, what he was.

"Are you.. an angel?" I asked amazed and embarrassed for the stupid question at the same time.

He didn't answer.
He stared at me with an unreadable expression before starting to call my name again, but this time he sounded angry, sad and lonely all at once.

He took two steps toward me stopping under a moonbeam thanks to that I could notice his toned and muscular body covered in deep gashes and bruises.
I tried to help the poor angel - as he obviously was one - but some invisible force held me back without allowing me to move and whispering horrible things in my ears.

"What's going on?" I screamed, scared and surprised at the same time but again nobody answered.

After pulling hard and struggling I finally managed to break free and I rushed to the angel but he suddenly disappeared and the ground beneath me opened up, swallowing me.

I sat up straight in my bed with a yell; then stopped after realizing that was just a nightmare.
I shivered remembering how powerless and helpless I was.

"Did the angel let me fall into hell? Why was he hurt?" I wondered out loud. ""Well it doesn't matter. That was just a dream, a bad one."

Still a little unsettled because of the bad awakening I got out of bed and got ready for the day throwing on some skinny jeans, a black sweater, dark boots and a silver skull necklace.
I looked in the mirror and frowned at my reflection. My long wavy dark brown hair stopped mid back, my lips were pouting sadly, my big brown eyes seemed to hold untold mysteries. I actually had a troubled life, and I wasn't happy.

I pulled up my long sleeves and stared at the pale scars I had made not many years ago.
My teen years had been terrible, but now I'm 21 and I created a new, better life for myself. Or at least I was trying to.
I was still upset over my break up with my boyfriend. Two months ago I found out he wasn't just cheating on me, but he was a drug dealer too.

Feeling tears pricking my eyes I drove to work with my gray pick up.
All I wanted was to be loved, yet every time I thought I've finally found the "right one", he turned out to be a total douchebag.

Once I parked I saw right away the long line waiting in front of my counter.
"This is going to be a long day" I said sighting.

 

                                                    #####

 

Kai's p.o.v

I groaned as my eyes flickered open.
I slowly pushed myself up off the ground and stood. Feeling a bit dizzy I realized I was covered in cuts and bruises from the long fall.

Suddenly remembering what happened I grabbed my head and I started to scream in rage and pain.

"I was so close, so close to steal God's throne. How could I lose like that?!" I complained.
I remember how sad God looked before throwing me down to earth.

"Well, it seems like I'm trapped in this twice accursed 'Earth' for now, I guess I might as well-" I paused, thinking about what I was going to say "might as well get used to live like a human". I said to myself.

But then I said aloud "I might as well rule Earth! Yes, why not? Even if I was kicked out from home this puny, worthless, powerless humans should suffer as well! How dare them to be more loved by God then me? I am an angel, I have spoken with the Lord, I am immortal!" I paused to breath before continuing "Yet the Lord cuddles this humans like babies. He loves them more then even the angels I think. Yes.. they should be massacred for this!"

I stopped complaining when I noticed that my white feathery wings were turning pitch black, a sign that the angel has fallen from grace.
I looked at my poor wings, currently broken from the fall and I caressed them gently.

I was and it was about 3:00 am so I decided to look up for a shelter for the night and to postpone the domination plan for the next day.
I started to walk around the neighborhood I'd fallen in. I wasn't worried somebody could have seen me fall because whenever an angel is thrown out of Heaven, it looks like a shooting star and angel are only disposed off at night. That is an heavenly law, made to keep humans from seeing angels.

I soon came to a small, dingy house.
I looked around, realizing I'd fallen into a not very nice neighborhood. It was definitely the poor section of town.
There was a small, beat up old shed in the tiny, dead grass filled yard behind the old house. I easily jumped the wooden fence and decided to sleep in the shed for the night.

As I curled up on the floor of the shed, I realized how much in pain I was.
I moaned softly, suddenly feeling very sad, lonely and hurt.

Heaven was so nice, I was already missing it.
Pain didn't exist there.
I sniffed, determined not to cry. I was an angel after all.

"Emotions were for silly weaklings, like humans." I couldn't finish the phrase that I was drifted off into an uncomfortable deep sleep, filled with nightmares there were so terrible that any human mind would have literally melted.

My punishment has begun.


A/N: Hi guysss, so this is my first chapter. What do you think? As I said in the description, this will probably sound like a clique story but I'll do my best to write a good story :3