_002

The Loved and The Avoided

Jungkook is still sat thinking about his missing phone when he’s sat in maths class the next day. He’s zoned out of the teacher interrogating a student and let his mind wander: the girl’s phone is in his blazer pocket, waiting to be retrieved. How has the person not come forward? She must’ve known who he is, everyone does. Is she waiting for him to get desperate? Or did she not see his face when they’d bumped into each other? She did run away in a rush.

 

All these questions halt in his head when a voice pulls him back into the classroom. And it’s coming from across the table.  

 

“I-I don’t know, Miss. I’m sorry.”

 

He knows the voice, it’s the one he’s been listening to over and over again for a week. It’s the girl.

 

--

 

Again, Jungkook leaves the classroom before anybody else, but he checks behind him to see the girl’s face before he exits and waits outside.

 

He searches in the sea of students, with no luck. “Damnit,” he says. “Did I miss her?”

 

He’s about to leave before he notices a last girl leaving, and she doesn’t notice him approaching her until his shoes come into her viewline.

 

“Do you have my phone?”

 

She looks up at him wide-eyed, relief cross realisation coming over her features before she reaches into her bag and brings out a device. And there it is:

 

His phone.

 

He, too, brings out the other phone, and they switch at the same time. Jungkook doesn’t even bother to hear any kind of thanks from her before he walks away.

 

“Hey! You got it back!” Jimin says.

“Yeah.”

“Who had it?”

“Just some random girl in my maths.”

“What’s her name?”

“She sits across from me. I don’t know her name.”

 

Jimin doesn’t push it, he knows better, and instead nods as a form of answer. He has an interest in who the girl is, of course, but he doesn’t say anything.

 

Jungkook spends the rest of the day isolated - mentally. His friends are around him, but he isn’t hearing anything they’re saying, whether it is directed at him or not.

 

--

 

“Jungkook, I know I don’t normally question this sort of stuff, but, what’s wrong?”

Jungkook turns to the slightly older boy and stares for a moment before he answers. “Nothing.”

“You’re acting more off than normal, are you sure?”

“Of course I’m sure.”

“Because if-”
“Jimin, I’m fine, okay? I just want to go home.”

 

Again, Jimin doesn’t continue , the last thing he wants is to end up interrogating Jungkook and risk the boy pushing him away further.

 

Seen as they live on the same street, they’re the only two who walk home together - besides Taehyung, but he isn’t there that day - and that walk is done in complete silence. Jungkook doesn’t even say goodbye as he turns into his front porch and leaves Jimin by himself, the sound of the door slamming the only indication that Jungkook well and truly doesn’t want to speak to anyone.

What’s pissed him off so badly?

 

--

 

270598: Are you there?

 

270598: Today’s been really .

 

010997: You’re just the person I needed.

 

010997: What happened?

 

270598: I’m just sick of everything, and being treated like .

 

010997 is typing…

 

010997: What’s happened? Was it at your school?

 

270598 is typing…

 

270598 is typing…

 

270598: Nothing in particular, it’s normal but I’m just sick of it.

 

010997: It shouldn’t be normal.

 

010997: You shouldn’t just take it

 

270598: I don’t really have another choice.

 

010997 is typing…


010997: There’s always a choice.

 

 

--

 

Okay I'm sorry this is really crappy