Just a costumer, right?

What do you see, when you look at me?

Hello. Here's the next chapter, I hope you will like it. :)

 


 

 

            -         What do you see, when you look at me? – it was a simple question and still, I didn’t know what to say.

I had no idea what she wanted to her from me. I didn’t know her, she was just one of my costumers. When I looked at her, I saw a beautiful young woman and that’s all. A young woman who was staring at me waiting for my answer. I breathed out that air I didn’t even know I was holding back.

-         A young woman that I don’t really know. – I told her the simplest answer and waited for any reaction.

-         Thank you. – that’s all she said and not knowing what to do, I left her alone.

I went back to the counter and faced the questions about our little conversation. I just shook my head telling them it was nothing interesting. After that I was thinking about the question all day. I didn’t understand what she wanted to ask me, what was the real question. I tried to imagine myself asking people this question, but I had no idea what was her purpose with this. I wanted to ask my mom, but it turned out she wasn’t there. Actually, I never saw her there nowadays, and I didn’t know why. And I didn’t had a chance to ask her until I got home.

-         Where were you all day? – asked her as soon as I saw her.

-         In the city. I want to buy another café.

-         Can I give you an advice? Because you do everything like it was written in the book, but while I work for you I noticed one thing. – I sighed. I wanted to tell her about this before too, but I didn’t care that much. But now, thinking about it, she could save some money with this and the employees would have more free time

-         All right. What is it? – she asked with a smile on her face

-         You should divide the working hours. I mean in the mornings and at the evenings when there really isn’t that much costumers we are just sitting there waiting for something to happen. For example, If you let me sleep in the morning then I would stay at the café at night. You know, it really isn’t worth it to have four employees there all the time. Of course, during the day all of us would be there. – I shared my opinion.

-         Okay, we can try. I will make a plan tonight. – she nodded after a while and smiled at me.

I was happy. It meant that I could sleep more in the morning and that really made me happy.

 

The next day my mom came with me in the morning and showed us our new timetable. As I asked her, I was in the evening part, every day. Anyway, there was always somebody who got here before everybody and opened the café, started to prepare. This person had to stay from 7 until 13. The second person’s part was from 9 until 15.  The third person had to be here at 11 and can go home at 17. And I had to be here at 12 and because the nights are usually empty I had to stay until 19. And it surprised us, because until now we were open ‘til 21. The other 3 roles always changed between Minah, Yura and Hyunseung but my part was fix. Minah taped it on the door that lead to the back so we would always see it. The new system started tomorrow. After everybody wrote down her weekly routine we opened the café. When Hyuna arrived I thought she would ask me some weird question again, but she just sat down like she didn’t confuse me yesterday. Without asking her what she wanted I told Yura to make a delicious hot chocolate. She didn’t questioned my order. When it got ready I brought it to Hyuna. She looked at me surprised.

-         I didn’t ask for this. – she whispered when I put the glass in front of her

-         Yeah I know, but I’m sure you would have asked me to get you a tea and as I know it is not good to your teeth. They would go yellow. And our café has lots of other delicious drinks too, not only tea. – I explained to her. At first she didn’t want to believe that I wasn’t joking, but after a little time she smiled at me warmly

-         Thank you. – she looked at me with her big eyes and turned her attention to the drink.

I walked back to my place and when I looked back at her she looked happy. The others just looked at me, but didn’t ask anything. I didn’t answer them yesterday, so why would I did it now? After that whenever Hyuna’s glass emptied I brought her another drink. Always something else…

 

The next day was the first time when I didn’t had to get up until 12. When I get to the café everybody was busy, so I just bowed and said hi and started working. After I cleaned up some tables I saw that Hyuna’s glass was empty so I ordered a cappuccino for her. When I gave it to Hyuna her eyes were intent that I didn’t understand why. She bowed and looked at her laptop again. I didn’t understand her behaviour. Maybe, she was mad at me because I came later, so she had to talk to Hyunseung again? That day we didn’t even talk, not even when she paid and left. And it made me angry.

 

The next day when I got there she wasn’t alone. A hot girl with short green hair was sitting in front of her, and while Hyuna was staring at her laptop again the girl tried to make herself being noticed. She kept on called Hyuna and even did aegyo. Of course Hyuna laughed at her, but she always looked back at her laptop. And I didn’t know why, but felt jealous. Especially after yesterday, when I didn’t even get a proper smile, now there she was with a girl who made her laugh and Hyuna didn’t even noticed that I arrived. I was angry. Angry and jealous. I decided not to care about them and went around to get the orders, from their table too. When Hyuna wanted to tell me their order the other shut her down and told me they want nothing, because they were about to leave. Hyuna looked at her and raised her eyebrow and they started to argue. I got to know that the girls name was Jiyoon and after a while I left them to argue themselves. Actually they didn’t leave right then, but early in the afternoon. I felt betrayed and I felt ridiculous because of it. Well, she is just a costumer who can leave anytime and can sit here with anybody. It just seemed to me like she needed me, because she only talked to me among the others, she only smiled at me when I put down her drink. I didn’t really know the reason of my jealousy but it got worse every time when Jiyoon showed up. And she did it, the next 3 days she was there, always. I didn’t know poor girl, but I hated her.

 

When I got home with my red cheeks my mom asked me what happened. At first I didn’t even know what to say. Because I shouldn’t be mad at Hyuna or Jiyoon. They did nothing to make me angry.

-         Nothing. Just, I should make up my mind. I get angry at everything. And everything bad happens because of people, I mean I don’t understand them, Mom. I don’t want to talk to people, they are all stupid! – saying out loudly made me even angrier, and it turned out that I wasn’t mad at only Hyuna. I got tensed because I had to be around a lot of people.

-         Okay Honey, calm down. – I didn’t even notice that I had a little ‘panic’ attack.

-         Yeah, sorry. – I sighed and sat down on the couch, next to my Mom.

-         Then get a day off. I can replace you tomorrow. Go shopping or just stay inside and make your nails done, wash your hair or whatever. Watch some movies and listen to music. Okay? – and that’s why I love my mother.

I smiled at her and hugged her. She knew exactly what I needed. After my breakdown I took a shower and we watched TV together. Well, I was watching the TV but my mom was on her phone messaging with some like trough the whole film. My mom finally put down her phone and I was about to ask her who is she talking all the time, but now it was my phone’s turn to buzz. When I saw who was calling me I could already imagine it who did my mother talk to just right.

-         Hey Himchan. – I called my childhood friend. Actually we were always together when we were young, and pretended to be on TV, he always wanted to be an MC.

-         Hyeri! I heard you are back. – his voice was happy so it made me smile too

-         Yeah I came back like two weeks ago.

-         Yah! Why didn’t you tell me? – he pouted  and I shut my eyes down – Whatever, let’s meet up sometimes. When are you free? – he asked. I was about to say never, but my mother heard everything, and I didn’t want to hurt Himchan. He was a nice guy after all.

-         Tomorrow? – it sounded more like a question than an answer.

-         Okay. Then I’ll be at the cafe around ten.

-         Great. See you there. – I nodded although he didn’t see me and after we said our goodbye I ended the call. I sighed and looked at my mom with my ‘I know everything’ look but she didn’t seem to notice

-         So you have a date? – she asked with a small smile on her face

-         Nah. Just a meeting with my old friend. I won’t make him my boyfriend, understand? – I rolled my eyes and she made a quiet laugh. I stood up with a smile on my face and went to bed. I was excited about tomorrow but at the same time I wanted to call Himchan back and tell him that I didn’t want to be with people at the time.