Third Chapter

The guy next door

Damn,I wake up late. I have a meeting with my business partner today,Jessica shierked in her head.

She hurriedly climbed off her bed and ran to the bathroom. She brushed her teeth,washed her face and have a really quick shower.

Thanks to a certain guy named Kim Jaejoong that made her couldn’t sleep well last night.

Ah,Kim Jaejoong. She didn’t know whether she should be happy or angry to have him as her neighbor. But at least Yuri’s right,my neighbor is a hot guy,Jessica smiled inwardly.

Maybe I could fix my friendship with him,She thought as she got dressed into a light blue shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. She pulled her hair into a neat ponytail and put a light make up. She stared at her reflection on the mirror. She smiled feeling satisfied with her outfit.

It’s 09.45 when she looked at the clock on the wall. She only had fifteen minutes left before the meeting. She didn’t want her business partner waited for her so she hurriedly put on her brown oxford shoes and then grabbed her car key.

She glanced at Jaejoong’s door before she pressed a button of the elevator.

 

Damn,I have dark circles under my eyes,Jaejoong thought as he looked at his face from the rearview mirror of his car. Jaejoong felt a bit tired since he didn’t sleep at all last night. His mind was full with Jessica that made him didn’t sleep a wink.

Ah,Sica. Why did you suddenly appear in my life?

It’s not that he didn’t happy to see her again. He’s really happy meet her again but...... Jessica’s sudden appearance really suprised him. He still feeling guilty toward her for what he did in the past.

Jaejoong heaved a sigh before he started his car engine.

“Jae darling. how’ve you been?” a middle aged woman greeted Jaejoong warmly. She then kissed both of his cheek.  Becky Lee is Jaejoong’s favorite hairstylist. She has been his hairstylist for years. Becky Lee is a Korean woman who is married to an American man. She owns a very wide beauty shop in Gangnam district.

“I’m very well,Becky noona”Jaejoong smiled at her

“Good to hear it. How was the military service?”

“It was great. I had a great time there”Jaejoong replied

“I see”she smiled sweetly at him. “Well,what can I do for you Jae darling?”Becky asked him as she wrapped her hand on Jaejoong’s waist.

Jaejoong didn’t mind she called him darling. He felt quite comfortable around her. She remind him a bit of his older sister.

“I want to have my hair blonde” He said as he sat down on a chair in front of a mirror

“Blonde again?”

“Yes. I feel more confident with blonde hair”Jaejoong said simply

“You always look good with any kind of hair color,Jae darling”She laughed lightly. “But I admit that you look very gorgeous with blonde hair. Inhumanely gorgeous like your fans said”she winked at him

“Thanks for the compliment,noona”he chuckled

 

Jessica felt a bit tired after having a meeting with Tyler Kwon,her business partner but she felt very happy that Tyler Kwon agreed to be a sponsor of her fashion line. Jessica almost drift off to sleep when her phone rang.

“Yeosoboyo?”she mumbled

“Sica” a girl’s voice can be heard from her phone

“Waeyo,Yuri?”She replied lazily as she sat down on a leather sofa in her fashion store

“I just want to tell you that me and the girls are going to your place tonight” Yuri said on the other line

“Tonight? Err....actually I.....”Jessica bit her lower lip “I’m going to have a dinner with my business partner”She lied

She hates lying to her friends but she wanted to be alone tonight. She wanted to sleep earlier tonight.

“Oh” Yuri replied shortly.

Jessica caught a dissapointed tone in Yuri’s voice

Sorry,I lie to you,Yuri-ah

“How about this weekend? You guys can’t come to my place this Saturday night. Let’s have a slumber party at my place”Jessica tried to sound enthusiastic

“That’s really a good idea,Sica”Yuri shierked on the other line “I’m going to tell the girls,okay?”

“Okay”

“Great. I gotta go now. Fany called me. See you on Saturday,then”

“Ok. Bye,Yuri”

“Bye”

 

Jaejoong rang the bell of Junsu’s apartment. He wanted to drop by at Junsu’s apartment for a while. Maybe I could sleep here for a while,Jaejoong thought. “Hyung” A tall guy with tan skinned opened the door. He smiled widely when he saw Jaejoong

“Oh,You’re here,Changmin” Jaejoong said as he walked to the living room

“Hyuung”Changmin grabbed Jaejoong’s arm. He whined a bit at him

“What is it,minnie?”Jaejoong asked Jaejoong knew that Changmin wanted something. He usually act like that when he wanted something

“Cook me some food,please”Changmin pleaded at him by showing his adorable puppy eyes.

Jaejoong laughed watching Changmin’s antics “Yahh,maknae. You’re almost thirty but you behave like a ten year-old kid”

Changmin pouted. He then sat beside Jaejoong. “I don’t like Junsu hyung’s cooking. It tasted terrible”

“Yahh,Changmin. Don’t insult my cooking skill”Junsu’s loud voice echoed from the other room

“I did not”Changmin said loudly

“Don’t disturb your Jae hyung,Changmin-ah. He must be very tired now”Yunho appeared from the kitchen. He folded his arms around his chest.

“Hi,Yunho” Jaejoong waved his hand at him

“Hey,Jae. Nice hairstyle,by the way” Yunho grinned. He sat down on the sofa across from Jaejoong

“Thanks,Yun” he smiled at the taller guy

Jaejoong felt very happy that his friendship with Yunho and Changmin back to normal again. They already forgiven each other. The friendship bond was stronger again when five of them did their military service together.

Jaejoong heaved a sigh. How he wish Jessica could forgive him too. “Let me sleep for a moment,neh”Jaejoong said as he lied down on the long sofa

“Hmm”Yunho hummed in responsed

“Yahh,Jaejoong hyung. You come here only for sleeping?” Changmin exclaimed. He shook his head in disbelief.

But Jaejoong couldn’t hear it. He already in the dreamland. He even snored lightly.

Two hours later Jaejoong woke up with a fresh feeeling. He stretched his hand above his head.

“Oh,you’re awake,hyung. You slept like a dead person”Yoochun blurted out

Yunho smacked his head lightly

“Ouch,why you do that,hyung?”Yoochun said as he touched his head

Jaejoong saw his dongsaengs were sitting on the floor. They were watching tv while eating pizza.

“Let’s eat pizza,Jae. It’s spicy chicken pizza. Your favorite”Yunho said

“No,thank you. I think I’m going home now”Jaejoong said. He put on his black leather jacket.

Four pair of eyes looked at him intensely. Changmin even choked a bit on his pizza. He wondered why his jae hyung refused spicy chicken pizza. His oldest hyung usually really like that kind of pizza flavour.

There’s something wrong with him,Changmin thought

“Ok,guys. I’m going home now. Good night YunChunSuMin”He waved his hand at them. He then walked toward the front door.

YunChunSuMin watched Jaejoong until his figure dissapeared from their sight.

“Eh,what did he call us?” Junsu asked dumbly

“He called us by our nickname”Yunho explained

“Did you guys notice how weird he is today?” Changmin suddenly asked

His four hyungs nodded their head.

 

Jessica sat on a chair in a cafe near her apartment building.There’s a plate of green salad and a glass of lemon tea on the table but she hasn’t touched it. She looked around the restaurant. It’s quite empty since it’s already late. There were some waiter and waitresses at the counter. They looked bored standing there. Maybe they were waiting for their shift ended. Jessica took a sip of her lemon tea. She really likes drinking lemon tea. It relaxed her especially on this cold weather.

“Mind if I join you?” a male voice snapped Jessica out of her thoughts. Jessica looked up. She widened her eyes when she saw who was the owner of the voice. It was Kim Jaejoong. He smiled warmly at her.

“N-no” She said stutterly. Why did I stuttered? Jessica wondered

“Thank you”Jaejoong then sat before her. Jaejoong stared at Jessica. She looked tired just like him. Does she have no time to rest?,he wondered.

Jessica looked away from his stare. Suddenly her heart skipped a beat.

Oh my god,what’s wrong with me? Jessica said inwardly

The guy who sat before her was really good-looking. His blonde hair made him looked like a manga character. Jessica really like it. She admitted silently that he looked so gorgeous with that hair colour. She once even stared at him without blink when she watched his solo concert on television.

Jessica had the urge to touch Jaejoong’s blonde hair. She wanted to run her finger on his gorgeous hair.

You still care about him,don’t you? said a voice inside her head

Do I still care about him? Jessica asked to herself.

A waitress came to their table with bringing a plate of ddeokbokki and a cup of hot coffee. “Here’s your order,Jaejoong-ssi"The waiter said to him with plastering a wide smile on her lips.

 She must be Jaejoong’s fan,Jessica thought

“Thank you”Jaejoong smiled genuinely at her

Jessica saw the waitress’s cheek blushed immediately. She then walked away after bowing at him.

Jaejoong dug into his food. He ate the food eagerly. He’s really hungry since he didn’t eat anything at Junsu’s place.

But the girl who sat in front of him seem didn’t want to eat her food. She even hasn’t touched it. Jaejoong saw Jessica only looked outside the window without paying attention to her food

“Why you’re not eating your food,Sica?” Jaejoong asked.

Jessica turned her attention to him “I’m not really hungry” she said

Jaejoong frowned “You should eat a lot of food,Sica-ah. You looked skinnier than the last time I.....”Jaejoong trailed off. He could’t finish his sentence. He didn’t know what to say more.

Who do you think you are,Jaejoong-ssi telling me to eat much food. You’re not even my father.

Jessica really wanted to say that words to him. Why did he still care about me now? If he still care about her,why didn’t he contact me after he left SM? Why did he leave without telling me back then?

There’s so many questions inside her head but Jessica only silent. She’s too tired to speak to him now. She finally ate her green salad.

Jaejoong watched Jessica as she shoved the salad into slowly. Why did she only order salad? Jaejoong wondered. She used to eat a lot of food. Jaejoong remembered that Jessica liked any kind of food except cucumber. Yeah,cucumber. Jaejoong still remember that Jessica really hates cucumber.

 

Jeje oppa,where’s the food.I’m so hungry”Jessica said as she rubbed her stomatch

“Ah,sorry,Sica. I already finished it”Jaejoong replied.”but don’t worry I bought salad for you.here’s the salad” Jaejoong handed a bowl of salad to Jessica.

Jessica widened her eyes when she saw what kind of salad was it. It was cucumber salad.

“Eww,oppaa. Why did you buy me cucumber salad? You know I hate it,right?”Jessica immediately threw the salad to the trash bin.

“You did that on purpose,didn’t you?” Jessica shot him a cold glare. Jaejoong shuddered. He knew that Jessica really angry at him.”Sorry,Sica-ah,he he” he grinned at her and then ran away from her sight

“Yahh,Jeje oppa. Don’t run away from me”Jessica screamed

Jaejoong laughed softly recalling their moment in the past. He really missed their sweet moments. Jessica raised an eyebrow. Why is he laughing? Is he laughing at me?

Jaejoong could feel Jessica stared at him intensely. He then cleared his throat “Sica-ah,do you still hate cucumber?”

“Eh..?”Jessica a bit suprised. He still remember that,She smiled inwardly.

“I still hate it,I think”she said as she gave him a small grin

Jaejoong laughed “You never change,Sica. You even afraid of cucumber”

“I’m not afraid of it. I only hate it”Jessica stated. I’m not afraid of cucumber,right?

“Yeah,right” Jaejoong replied. “Do you remember when I put a cucumber in your bag? You screamed when you found the cucumber,didn’t you?”

“Ah,that...I screamed because I disgusted with it not because I was afraid of it”Jesica defended herself

“You’re the worst,oppa. You screamed like a girl when you saw a cockroach in the practice room”Jessica laughed. “It was the funniest thing I ever seen when you screamed like that”

Jaejoong smiled hearing Jessica’s laughter. He could feel her mood change into a happy one.

“It’s good to see you laugh freely like that,Sica”Jaejoong flashed her a sweet smile .Jessica froze. She realized that she was laughing just now. She felt a bit embarassed.

Jaejoong really happy that he succeed in making Jessica laughing. Althought she laughed at him. Then they sat in silence but both of them didn’t feel awkward anymore. Their mind was fill with their past moments.

Jessica finally stood up. She then grabbed her leather bag. “Well,I think I leave first,Jaejoong-ssi, I mean Jaejoong oppa”

“Wait. Let’s walk together. Beside we live in the same apartment building,right?”Jaejoong said while grabbing Jessica’s arm

“O-okay”Jessica said. Her heart beat again when Jaejoong touched her arm but fortunately Jaejoong didn’t notice her beating heart.

They walked side by side to their apartment building. Jessica felt a bit cold since she only wear a shirt. She rubbed her hands to make her body warm. Jaejoong noticed it. He immediately put off his jacket and then wrapped it around Jessica’s shoulder. Jessica froze for a moment.

He’s still care about me,Jessica thought.

“Thank you,oppa”Jessica said

“Anytime,Sica-ah”Jaejoong gave her a genuine smile

They came inside the apartment building. Jessica could smell the perfume scent from Jaejoong’s jacket. It still the same scent that he used to wear in the past.

Jessica and Jaejoong finally reached 5th floor where their apartment are.

“I’m going in. Good night,Jaejoong...oppa”Jessica bowed at him

“Good night,Sica”Jaejoong replied.

Jessica was about to open her apartment door when Jaejoong spoke “Just call me if you need some help. I’ll be there for you right away when you need help”

Jaejoong really mean it when he said that. He wanted to be there for her. He wanted to protect her from any danger like he used to do in the past. He wanted to be friend with her again.

Does he really mean it? Does he really want to protect me?

Jessica nodded and gave him a small smile. Jaejoong smiled back at her. He watched her until she came inside her apartment.

Sleep tight,Sica