-fin-

Lead us, Captain Bae.

'You ready, Tae?'

'Are you?'

'Mostly, Just need you to help me unfurl the sail so we can go.' Irene glared playfully at Taehyung, who flashed a smile in return, before climbing out of the cabin to do what his girlfriend asked.

From their first meeting in the South Korean sailing team, they had sailed together; first as teammates in Laser Radials, then as crewmates in the 49er type sailboats.

They had several competition wins from local competitions, and received plenty of attention as one of the few couples who worked together in a competitive field. And their competition wins allowed them the freedom to save and purchase their own boat, a pretty pale blue bluewater ship, a La Luna yacht named Baerider.

The name had been a sticking point with Irene for the short time since they got the boat.

'Captain Bae, the Baerider is ready for its voyage across the Atlantic.

'Sails all okay? Did you check with Seungwan? Is she ready too?' Seungwan, or Wendy, was one of their sailing partners as well, who headed a crew of four other girls in their own Nefertiti class yacht, Peter Pan. 

'Yes, Wendy is ready, and so is Yeri and Joy and Seulgi.'

'Yeah, well, I guess we can go..'

'Nervous?'

'This is our first Atlantic crossing, what do you think?'

'Okay, I know, I know, but don't worry. We have two boats.'

'Alright, set the course and let's go. Out of the Port of  L.A.  we go.' Irene announced. Taehyung nodded quickly, headed to the helm of the boat and putting his hand down on the engine controls.

'Let Peter Pan know that we're going underway.' Taehyung mumbled his reply, checking his pocket for the box.

---

[ATLANTIC OCEAN, SY BAERIDER]

'Everything okay?' Taehyung asked as Irene came back down from her check of the sails, her waterproof coat slick with sea spray. And she never looked as good as that on shore.

'All fine, but we need to watch the weather, its getting a little choppy. How's Peter Pan?' Taehyung checked the instruments, 

'They report all fine, but Yeri is whining about forgetting to bring chocolate on Peter Pan.'

'Do we have chocolate?'

'We brought extra... in case Yeri forgot. It wouldn't be the first time she forgot something.'

'Take it easy, she's just a kid.' The last time they sailed, Yeri had nearly left her jerry can of fresh water onshore, which was dangerous. The sea was all water, but completely unpotable.

'.... meh.'

'We'll give it to her when the water's calmer.'

---

[ATLANTIC OCEAN, SY BAERIDER, 100 NAUTICAL MILES ROM REYKJAVIK HARBOUR]

'What's happened?' Taehyung climbed into the cabin, his face creased into a frown.

'Peter Pan's sail tore, they tried to turn into the wind and it just ripped.'

'They have a replacement?'

'One, but they need probably..... a few hours.' Irene stretched onto the long seat, lying down.

'We're more than halfway there.'

'We've done pretty well. How much do you think we've raised?'

'No idea...' Irene sighed, picking at the edges of her jacket. Taehyung swallowed nervously, his hand sliding into his pocket and gripping the velvet-cased box.

'Joohyun.' Irene tensed at the word, looking up at Taehyung. Calling her by her given name, that was something he never did.

'Yes..?'

'I've been meaning to ask you...' Taehyung fumbled in his pocket, drawing out the box, but leaving it behind his back.

'What is it..?' Irene was geniunely confused, blinking repeatedly.

'Will you marry me?' Taehyung went down on one knee in front of Irene, holding the box open, the ring nestled in the box. Irene stared for a long moment before reacting, reaching forward and plucking the box from Taehyung's hands.

Then she hit him with it.

'Idiot!' 

'W.. what?'

'I said, IDIOT.'

'Whats that mean..?'

'Come here.' Irene stood up, grabbing Taehyung by the arm and up to the wheel of the boat, reaching behind the handle and pulling out a similiar box to the one in her hand.

'What is this...?'

'What do you think it is, idiot?'

'But guys are supposed to be the ones-'

'How old fashioned are you?'

'Well, I did it first.'

'Idiot.' Irene huffed, turning away from her boyfriend and fuming.

'Tell me if its a yes.' Taehyung replied, his face red as he stared at the ring Irene had gotten.

'No, you tell me.'

'You're kidding me right now, yes?'

'No.'

'Come on...' Taehyung sighed, reaching forward and pulling Irene into his arms.

'Fine...'

'Do you mean yes?'

'All I said was fine. But yes works just as well.' Irene mumbled, pressing herself into Taehyung's embrace.

'I love you.'

'Love you too, idiot.'

'Now, do we tell Peter Pan, or no.'

 

-----

KYAS IT WAS SO HARD CRYING.