III

The Son Of Hades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Most of the campers were at the pavilion for breakfast, everyone settled on their respective cabin tables. It was a peaceful morning with the cabin members chatting happily among themselves.

Seungri left his cabin to head over to the dining pavilion just as he was told to. He approached the half-bloods cautiously when their chatterings came to a pause. He couldn’t feel any better when they shot him looks that weren’t welcoming at all, or they were whispering to one another about his presence. Most of them actually stopped eating just to give him a glare. Clenching his hands into fists, he searched around for an empty table to sit at.

Taecyeon and Nichkhun were having their meals quietly until they saw Seungri walking towards the pavilion.

“He’s finally up,” Nichkhun nodded as he ate the slice of apple on his plate. “I’m surprised he’s following our rules.”

Taecyeon continued to keep his gaze on the Son of Hades. He noticed others were giving him unwanted stares that probably made the guy uncomfortable. He rose up from the table to gesture at their spot. “Seungri! Sit at our table,” his voice was loud enough to hush the mumbles among the demigods.

Seungri made his way quickly over to the Sons of Zeus and Poseidon. “Thank you,” he said quietly.

“No problem,” Taecyeon chugged down his glass of water. “For breakfast and dinner, we sit with our cabin members. But since Nichkhun and I are the only child of the almighty gods, we eat together. So you can join us instead of eating alone.”

“I see,” Seungri nodded. “Can I get anything from there?” he pointed at the front where food was prepared on the long table.

“Of course.”

Nichkhun rested his arms on the edge of the table. “He doesn’t seem to talk much compared to yesterday.”

“What do you expect? Everyone else is trying to shut him out.”

“I guess…if that’s the reason.”

“That is the reason,” Taecyeon pushed his plate to the side. “It’s just that we’re only trying to figure him out for a while until we can be sure that he only has good intentions.”

“Well we got him under our control.”

“Please tell the other counselors to help him in the time being. He has to be within our eye range when doing activities.”

“Got it.”

Seungri returned to the table with his plate full of fruits. “Then what happens after this?”

“We train, do our camp activities and etcetera. We don’t just sit around all day doing nothing as you can see,” Taecyeon gestured around. “We have to be productive at most times.”

Nichkhun agreed. “You can head over to the archery area for training. I’m sure you can fit yourself over there.”

“Are you skilled with any type of weapons?”

“No,” Seungri shifted in his seat awkwardly. “I don’t train with weapons. I only use my powers.”

Taecyeon and Nichkhun remembered how capable Seungri was in using his powers as a Son of Hades. Seungri was very different from the both of them, because his powers were profound and developed to its full potential compared to theirs. “Okay then, you should probably come with us first at the training field.”

The three guys finished their meals, moving over to the training grounds where several campers were already combating with each other. Taecyeon gestured for Seungri to suit up in an armor so that he could teach him how to fight physically. Nichkhun told Taecyeon that he would be training with Yuri in the mean time.

“Must I actually wear this?”

Taecyeon pinned his sword into the ground, leaning his hand on top of the handle. “Yes, for your own protection.”

Seungri sighed as he wore the heavy armor on, grabbing the sword that Taecyeon gave him. “Okay I’m ready.”

“Where’s your helmet?”

He tried his best not to make sarcastic comments about this whole training precautions. With a plastered grin on his face, he pointed at the helmet on his head. “All good?”

“Much better,” Taecyeon asked him to take a step forward so that they were facing each other directly. “I know what it’s like just to rely on your powers but trust me, it’s better if you know how to fight using a weapon.”

“Well, weapons are no use in where I live. So pardon me if I have zero knowledge on sword fighting.”

“Too busy doing dark magic I suppose?”

“Pretty much.”

It really did take a long while for Seungri to get the hang of basic swordfighting. Taecyeon was amused himself when he figured out how inexperienced the Son of Hades was. He definitely knew that Seungri was going to need a lot more practice to become competent with other campers.

“Okay, why don’t you take a break for five minutes and then head over to the archery section next. I think you’ll like that? It’s just a bow, an arrow and an aim.”

Seungri took off the helmet on his head, sighing inwardly as he grabbed a bottle of water. “This is why I prefer magic more than anything else.”

“Tough training huh Seungri?” Taecyeon grinned.

He responded by rolling his eyes. “Don’t mock me too much Son of Zeus.”

“Alright buddy, I’ll be right here if you need any help.”

Taecyeon sat on the bench under the shade to keep an eye on the Son of Hades. He watched the lad approach the archery area hesitantly when there were Daughters of Artemis practicing their shooting skills.

“This shouldn’t be too bad,” Seungri muttered to himself as he picked up a bow and arrow and stood right in front of an aim. He glanced at the others to copy their postures, focusing on the bull’s eye. With a breath of luck, he released the arrow but it shot right through a tree branch.

“Nice shot!”

Seungri noticed a few Sons of Hermes making fun of him from the side. His motivation to carry on with training began to decrease, and almost resorted into using his powers to shut the boys up.

“Hey do you need help?” he raised a brow when someone stepped up to offer him assistance. “I’m Junho by the way, Son of Apollo.”

“You don’t need to do this if you don’t want to.”

“What are you talking about man?” Junho snickered. “I want to help, because I’m good with bow and arrows. Don’t mind them, I’ll talk to Yonghwa about it later.”

Junho resumed on teaching Seungri on the basic techniques of shooting an arrow. He explained it step by step in order for Seungri to pick up on his instructions easily.

“Okay are you ready?”

“I think so.”

“Let’s see it then.”

Seungri fixed his stan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter