one

run, jeon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeonghui dragged the boy into the station. She found it suspicious that he didn't try and undo the handcuffs, which they must have taught him how to do, but perhaps the new technology that came with the handcuffs prevented him from doing so.

"What are you doing back here, Jeonghui? I thought you went home?" Namjoon approached her with a cup of coffee. 

She gave him a wry grin, stealing his cup before taking a swig of coffee and giving it back to him. "Hey, cap. As you can see," she nodded her head over at the boy. She turned to Namjoon with a dark stare, "They're after me again."

Namjoon widened his eyes, scanning the young boy before turning his gaze back to Jeonghui. "They're getting worse, huh? Taking young kids like that," he murmured. "Do you want to drop out of this case? It might be hard to handle."

Jeonghui shook her head, "No. I'll handle this case. After all, they're after me."  And you know that I need redemption for what happened to Taehyung, she thought.

Namjoon's gaze turned into that of pity as he nodded with understanding, patting her shoulder. "Alright, then. You can investigate him, I'll watch." Jeonghui nodded and started to guide the boy into the investigation room, before Namjoon grabbed her arm. She looked at him with confusion as he dropped his voice down to a whisper, "You aren't going to bring Taehyung back into this, right?" Jeonghui internally winced before shaking her head, "No. That case is over with." Namjoon gave her a nod before opening the door to the investigation room, and Jeonghui made her way inside with the boy in tow. She sat him down and made her way to the opposite end of the table, starting up the laptop provided as she opened up the database.

She cracked her neck and focused her gaze at the boy before her.

"Name?"

The boy made no sound and kept his lifeless gaze down. He looked as if he carried the weight of gravity on his shoulders alone and made no sign of replying.

Jeonghui cleared and attempted to elicit a response. "Name?"

Still, the boy gave no response.

Jeonghui tapped her fingers with irritation, "Look, boy. Keeping yourself silent won't get you anywhere. They are not going to help get you out of this situation. Not when you got yourself in here so easily-"

The boy raised his hands to pull down his zipper, reaching inside his sweatshirt. Namjoon and Jeonghui immediat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter