prologue

run, jeon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She saw him.

Taehyung, sauntering through the parking lot with a wide grin on his face, carrying the groceries that would feed him and Jeonghui.

She saw him.

Taehyung's expression contorted into a grimace, his eyes filled with indiscrutable sorrow and pain, as his murderer stabbed in the stomach, again, and again, and again.

She saw him.

Taehyung fell on his knees, lifeless. His head lolled forward and all his groceries were spilled out of the bags.

She didn't see him.

The shadow that had taken Taehyung's life now turned his head slowly, the glint of his eyes in the darkness becoming apparent as he stepped in the pool of blood fused with rain.

Jeonghui woke up with a start, her legs crossed on top of her desk and her torso on the verge of slipping off from her chair. She looked around groggily, her heart still palpitating from the nightmare. 

"Again, Taehyung? This is getting repetitive," she muttered as she buried her face into her hands, "Let the dead rest, won't you please."

Sighing, she stood up and lazily looked around the station at her other seemingly alert fellow investigators and policemen, making her way out of the station to her vehicle. Despite just having the nightmare again, she knew that she needed to get her groceries, so she grudgingly forced herself to go to the same grocery store in which Taehyung was murdered.

It was a type of ritual for her to go to this specific one out of all places. So she would never once forget what happened to Taehyung. So she would always remember, despite getting frequent nightmares and losing nights of sleep. She would also always go in the stark night, when no one was around. 

So, of course, she was surprised when she was suddenly faced with a person in the mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter