01화 내 이야기 (My Story)

Perhaps You're Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Happiness is not the absence of problems; it's the ability to deal with them.”

-Steve Maraboli

{민경}

                Another chapter opens for me, I’m under a different sky. I’ll be meeting different people and I’ll be breathing a different type of air. Ha! Not really. Maybe, I’ll lead a different life but there’s still rents—

“Agassi!”

The driver ahjussi ‘s voice boomed into my ears which caused me to half-consciously bump my head into the car window. I start rubbing my forehead as I whimper quietly.

“Agassi, are you okay?”

“N-ne… I am. Are we here?”

“Yes, we are. I’ll start unloading your stuff now.”

I nod my head slowly before getting out of the moving truck. Looking at the neighborhood, it seems nice and peaceful(?). What are you thinking about, minkyung? This is the city, it’ll never be quiet. I take out the paper that eomma gave to me before leaving, it has the details of where I’ll be staying. 30-024. I started to walk around with the paper at hand. 30-024, 30-024—where are you? Shouts from a midle-aged woman echoed through the quiet streets.

“JEON JUNGKOOK! YOU BETTER PAY YOUR RENT!”

A boy dressed up really casually with a mop of unruly hair was running out of a nearby bulding. He shouts back to the angry ahjumma that is looking out the window.

“Arasseo! Arasseo, Girim ahjumma! Just give me two more days. Saranghae!”

He suddenly shoots the ahjumma with a heart and a few kisses and runs away laughing. The ahjumma just sighs in defeat as she looks down. Our eyes meet.

“Aigoo, Agassi, are you the one who’ll be moving in?”

I look at her with an unsure expression and a confused smile.

“Perhaps, is this 30-024, ahjumeoni?”

“Yes it is. Aigoo, welcome. I’ll come down and help you. Wait for me there, alright?”

She ends her sentence with a smile before closing her windows. Finally found it! Gomawo ahjumeoni.

 

{정국}

Anytime now. 3, 2, 1—

“JEON JUNGKOOK! YOU BETTER PAY YOUR RENT!”

As usual my time is impeccable. Ha ha ha. I’m read

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter