Monkeys and Bears

Monkeys and Bears

It's been almost a week since Jihoon bought a mini fridge, collected groceries, and took a blanket from the dorm. It has also been almost a week since he has locked himself inside the studio.

 
".. I think I should check on him." Soonyoung said, gritting his teeth as he stood up.
 
"Er, are you sure? We don't want to end up like Josh.." Seokmin replied, cocking his head towards the other member.
 
Although Jihoon had apologized and Jisoo had forgave him, the fact that Jihoon threw a figurine at him was still there. Jisoo however did say it was because he went in there unexpectedly. Despite that fact, the blond was still concerned, way too concerned to be bothered by a possible attack.
 
"Understood Seokmin but.." He sighed, grabbing his coat. "He can't just stay in there forever."
 
"Right ri-- Where are you going?" His friend asked, staring at the male who rather quickly went to the door.
 
"Er... Well, I'm going to see if I can get some desserts for the guy." Soonyoung replied, adding a quick and quiet, 'He needs the sweets.' Under his breath.
 
"Uh-huh." Seokmin grinned, waving him off as he thought of another reason. "See you later, I'm going to go see what Chan is doing."
 
The blond bid a small farewell to his friend, walking outside the building. "It was a good thing I brought a coat.." He thought, feeling the Autumn breeze smack his face. "Still pretty cold though."
 
He continued to walk, waving to some fans along the way until he met with the doors to a nearby bakery. He opened the door slowly, hearing the bell above chime once he took a step inside. As soon as that, the cashier; Who seemed a little less than preoccupied; came running.
 
"Hello!" She chirped, holding the brim of her work cap. "What would you like? Anything in mind?"
 
He smiled lightly, shaking his head. "Nah, I'm just here to get something for a friend."
 
"Really? What would that be?"
 
"Well," Soonyoung pressed a finger to his bottom lip, grinning wildly. "They don't know yet."
 
The cashier brought a hand in front of , her surprised expression quickly switching to an excited one. Hurriedly, she grabbed the other's hand, bringing him to the front counter.
 
"Okay, here, you'll probably find what you need here. The sweetest of cakes, for the sweetest of couples." She winked, nudging the other with her elbow.
 
His face burned with red, laughing as his hand fanned himself. Strangely, he didn't try denying it.
 
The blond looked down to the transparent counter top, a galore of sweets and cakes were seen.
 
A box of cupcakes, however, caught his eyes instantly. 
 
The box was open to showcase the delectable treats inside that were in the shape of animals' faces. They were coloured differently than the usually colours animal are. But Soonyoung looked intently at one in particular.
 
An angry looking pink bear treat sat pleasantly in the middle of the others. His icing colour and expression it had instantly reminded him of the pinkette member.
 
All those times they had in the past, where he wanted a hug but when the blond turned around, he pushed him away, where the blond was feeding him an imaginary drink and burger, they made him chuckle softly; Filling up with nostalgia.
 
"Ah, do you want that one?" The voice of the previous casher broke his train of thought, probably for the best though. He smiled, nodding as he began digging through his pocket for a wallet. When he was going to pull it out, the female placed a hand in front of him, putting on a stern expression.
 
"No no! No need to pay!" She said, somewhat proud of herself for an unknown reason. "You may take it and go!"
 
Soonyoung blinked owlishly. "What? I just can't t--"
 
"Yes you can!" She interrupted, grinning as she went behind the counter and pulled out the box. "On the house my friend! Special service!"
 
"Wow um.." He was at a lost for words. He didn't think a scenario like this would happen in real life! 
 
"No need to say anything," She nodded, taking off her cap to bow. "Just go out the door and enjoy!" 
 
She waved goodbye as the blond walked out, running back to the building. Once he opened the door, he noticed that everyone's shoes were gone; All except Jihoon's. 
 
He sighed lightly, taking off his shoes after putting the box on the table. He then collected it again, walking towards the studio. With a deep breath, he knocked softly.
 
"Jihoon? Are you there?" He called out, hearing no response what-so-ever. He then notice the door being unlocked as he twisted the door's handle. Slowly pushing it open, he found the pinkette sleeping peacefully on his chair. 
 
The very sight of the other not raging at him made a smile creep onto his face. Quietly, he tip-toed to his computer counter, placing the box of sweets on there. When he was about to leave, he heard the other mumbled.
 
He turned around and saw the other's eyes flutter open. With a gulp, he waved, slightly afraid of a possible attack. 
 
Yet, nothing happened.
 
"Soonyoung?" He grumbled, fixing his posture on the chair. "What are you doing here?"
 
"Er, no one is home." The other replied, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment for his next line. "I bought some cupcakes for you."
 
Jihoon stared at him for a moment before looking around the studio. It was then he spotted the box the other had placed on the computer counter. His chair spun around, his face now facing away from the blond.
 
Soonyoung looked around awkwardly. He was only met with silence, even after the boy had looked at his gift. "Uh, I guess I should go. Sorry to bother."
 
"Wait." The other called out, just when he was about to leave the room. "I couldn't eat all these by myself. Wanna help?"
 
The blond blinked owlishly but quickly smiled at the offer. "Sure, I don't mind." Sitting down on the floor below, he could have sworn he saw pink hinted on Jihoon's cheeks, but decided it was his imagination.
 
"What made you get these?" The other asked, yawning softly.
 
"You see the bear?" The pinkette nodded. "That's you." 
 
Soonyoung expected a 'Shut up' but he was instead met with small giggles. "So," He said, pointing at a yellow monkey. "Is that one you?"
 
The blond went to take a closer look, chuckling once he saw the treat the other was referring to. He then stood up, pretending he was that very animal. Of course, he made the shorter of the two laugh many times.
 
After a bit of eating, joking, and reenacting animals, the two had settled down and Jihoon had placed the box to the side.
 
"Doesn't it get kinda boring?" He asked, the last of the icing off his fingers. "We're all kinda worried."
 
"I apologize for that but.." He sighed, shaking his head. "I'm not done the new song yet. After I'm done, I swear, I won't enter the studio and relax the day away."
 
He laughed softly, an idea ringing in his head. Jihoon can almost see the lightbulb shinning from the expression he gave.
 
"So Jihoon," He grinned, placing a hand on the other's shoulder. "How would you like a roommate?"
 
And so, it's been a week since Soonyoung decided he was going to stay in the studio with Jihoon. It's also been a week since he failed to bring him outside of that very same studio.
 
"... I think I should check on them." Jisoo said, standing up.
 
"Er, and also get stuck there? Joshua, we can't lose you too." Seungkwan replied, Seokmin right beside him nodding. The defeated male sat right back down.