Cure

Sick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"ACHOO!!!"

The birds on the rooftop flew away. The sun shone brightly on that summer morning. It was piercing hot, if you cracked an egg on the tar road it might just get cooked, as Rimin would say it. 

"Bij, you had just sneezed at my holy face." Rimin said with a big frown on her face. 

"It wasn't intentional, bij. I can't help it man, it just comes out of nowhere." you reacted, blowing your nose on a tissue. 

"You could've at least sneezed in another direction. So this is what I get for taking care of you, you ungrateful bastard." Rimin scoffed, taking a few tissues from the box and wiping her face. 

"I'm sorry! Sheesh someone's on her period.." you glared at Rimin, throwing the used tissues into the nearby trash bin. 

"Matter of fact, I am. Anyway, I have a photoshoot today, so I can't take care of you for the day." she stated, taking out her phone from her bag and scrolled down her planner for confirmation. 

"I'll be fine without you, I've never asked you to take care of me anyway." you mumbled. 

"Bij, you've got heat dammit! If I didn't take care of you, what am I supposed to answer your mom if you got worse? Sigh you're so weird, (Y/N) ..." she exclaimed. 

"Fine. OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH CHOI RIMIN I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT YOU I'M SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE YOU IN MY LIFE!!! I LO-" you were interrupted with a vigorous cough. 

"Are you stupid or are you stupid? If you know you're sick, act like it you idiot!" Rimin smacked her best friend's arm, scolding you.

"Anyway, I hired someone to take care of you for the day. Oh shiz I'm late. Gotta run, don't do anything stupid while I'm gone!" she waved goodbye and ran out from the room before you could react. 

"I don't want a weird nanny to take care of me! She might poison me or something! Might as well sleep before she comes..." you said before tucking yourself into bed.

Footsteps were heard, the wooden floor creaked with every step that person took. You were awakened by the noise, but you remained still in your position, pretending to be asleep. 

"Dang, she's sleeping... What am I supposed to do with this soup, then? It'll get cold by the time she wakes up!" you were shocked to hear a familiar male voice instead of an old woman's. 

"Sigh, you look so pale... God, she's hot, literally!" he mumbled to himself as he put his hand on your forehead, feeling your warm body temperature.

"You're making me worried sick, I hope you'll get better soon..." he said as he sat next to you by the bedside and your hair.

"Let's see, not too much food, sufficient glucose, no vigorous movements. Damn, she must be bored to death being in bed all day." he mumbled, staring at your face.

 

When he looked away, you suddenly rose from you position and whispered just behind his ear.

"You enjoy staring at me while I sleep, huh Jeon Jungkook?"

 

"OH WHAT THE " Jungkook leaped away from the bed and jumped around, extremely startled by your low voice. You were a laughing mess on the bed.

"You didn't tell me you were coming by!" you laughed, throwing a pillow at him.

"You scared the living hell out of me! Aish, I was just planning to surprise you!" he caught the pillow (with style) before it could hit him.

"Rimin said she hired someone to come over, so I was 'on standby mode', just in case if the nanny wanted to kill me in my sleep. Where is she anyway? She still hasn't come." you stated, looking around in search of the said woman.

"Rimin said she hired me? Lol I don't remember her paying me. She just told me that she won't be around today and gave me the keys to your condo." he raised the bundle of keys in his hand.

"That explains how you got in." you giggled, taking the thrown pillow from him as he sat next to you by the bed.

"Things were easier when you guys lived next door to us. I don't really fancy driving for fifteen minutes to get to your house." he pouted.

"Dude, us living in the same neighbourhood as you guys mean lots of trouble, and you know that." you said.

"I know, but I miss going to work at the same time as you, and I miss late night movies with you at the living room when I come over." he confessed.

"You're being silly, Jungkook. Thank you for dropping by, though." you smiled.

"I miss just being around you." he said before leaning closer to you. He slowly closed his eyes and decreased the distance between yours and his lips. Your eyes widened, and weakly pressed two fingers on his lips just before he could kiss you, pushing him away from her.

"Ya, are you crazy? Do you want to catch my cold? God, Jeon Jungkook control your hormones!" you flushed, him opening his eyes and pouted.

"Like I said, I missed you. Anyway, have you ate? I made you soup." he asked, gesturing at the bowl of soup at the bedside table.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter