Lucifer's Favorite Son

Son of a Devil

    Kyungsoo stomped his foot and glared at his father who was staring down at him from his throne. His father was just as angry, but his glare was much more horrifying.

“What do you mean you won’t inherit the throne!?” Lucifer yelled as he slammed his fist onto the arm rest.

“I don’t want to! I refuse to take over such a dark, damp, boring place! I have other plans in mind.” Kyungsoo crossed his arms across his chest, trying to prove that he’s standing his ground.

“What plan is that exactly?”
“I want to go to the human world!”

Lucifer yelled as he threw his staff to the ground. He stalked down the steps with murderous eyes, now Kyungsoo was getting a little nervous. His father was evil when he was mad, well more evil than usual. Lucifer grabbed Kyungsoo shoulders roughly and stared into his eyes. He took a deep breath, Kyungsoo prepared for the worst.

“Don’t leave daddy! What am I supposed to do without you!!” Lucifer pulled his son into a tight hug.

“DAD! You have Seungsoo!”
“But you’re my favorite!”
“I can hear you guys!” Seungsoo screamed from his room.

Lucifer and his favorite son laughed at the elder child’s complaining.

“The human world is too Dangerous Kyungie!”
“Dad I told you to stop calling me that!”

“I remember when you were only four and constantly following me around, where did my cute Kyungie go?” The king of hell sighed.

“I grew up. Besides, how is the human world more dangerous than hell?”

“You’re still cute even though you grew up~” He pinched his son’s round cheeks. “Also, humans are ten times worse than demons. Even demons have a better conscience than humans, you should know better than anyone that we are nothing like the myths.”

“Yeah, except for the whole torturing human souls for all eternity.”

“Those are evil souls my son, God and I made a pact back in the good ol’ days. I take care of the brats and he takes care of the angels. I personally think my job is more entertaining.”

“Well, then wouldn’t I be a better ruler if I went above ground and saw the human world for myself?”

“Well….I can’t exactly deny that…”

“Seungsoo pack my bags I’m going to the human world!” Kyungsoo jumped for joy and ran to his room. “THANKS DAD!!”
“I didn’t even say yes. He truly took after me.” Lucifer smiled after his son’s retreating figure.

Kyungsoo settled his black snapback on top of his head to cover his tiny red horns that sprout out of his head. They never did really grow much. They were cute and tiny, and just slightly curved. He tucked his long red tail with the heart shaped end into the back of his pants. It was uncomfortable but he could deal. Seungsoo walked in and set a large suitcase down on Kyungsoo’s bed.

“Wow...you actually packed for me.” Kyungsoo stared at his big brother in shock.

“The least I could do for the little pain in my .”

“I can’t wait to walk through that portal and see real live humans!”

“Do you think you’ll fall in love?”

“Excuse me?”

“Well, that’s what happened to dad, he fell in love with a mortal, our mother. I think that’s why he doesn’t want you going up there.”
“Maybe if I meet a beautiful angel I will~” Kyungsoo winked causing his brother to gag.

Kyungsoo couldn’t tell his brother that the main reason he was going to the world of the mortals was infact because of their mother. If Seungsoo knew, then he would try to stop him. Kyungsoo had to see what his mother’s world was like. It had been five years since she passed away. Believe it or not, they were all a tight knit family. Though they may have fought a lot and constantly played pranks on each other, it never meant they didn’t love each other. Kyungsoo wanted nothing more than to see where his amazing, kind, beautiful mother came from. It was quite funny when Kyungsoo would stop and think about his parents’ relationship. His mother was truly kind and caring, his father is freaking Lucifer. Then again, his family, especially his father, are nothing like the myths that humans and bratty souls like to spread around. His father is more short tempered and childish, rather the king of darkness.

Kyungsoo grabbed his little knapsack and threw it over his shoulders before grabbing his suitcase. He smiled at himself in the mirror and burst out of his room. Seungsoo has never seen his brother move so fast. Kyungsoo was zipping down the steps when his father let out a girlish scream.

“You’re leaving already!? Right now!?”

Kyungsoo nodded with a wide grin plastered on his face. He turned around and started heading towards the portal room when his father grabbed him from behind and lifted him up in the air.

“Hold your horses buddy.” Lucifer turned his hyperactive child around to face him. “Take the blue portal, it will take you to New York city, where your mother was from. Take this paper and go to the address that is written down, a good friend of mine lives there, he’ll look after you.”

Kyungsoo smiled and hugged his dad before thanking him. He struggled out of the devil’s hold and ran towards the portal room. He could still hear his dad’s cries of “my son is all grown up!” By the time he was face to face with the blue portal he was instructed to enter. He balled his fist on the hem of his shirt and took a deep breath. It was finally time. He was going to see what his mother’s world was like. It couldn’t be as bad as his dad told him right? How could live humans be worse than the souls of the dead ones he sees roaming around his home.

“Human world here I come!” Kyungsoo shouted whilst throwing his fist in the air.

“That one is your favorite?” Seungsoo gave his father a skeptical look. “He legit just acted like he’s in an anime…”
“He’s special.”

    Jongin rolled around on the stage and let out a long sigh. He had been at rehearsal all day long and he just wanted to go home. He was currently in the hilarious musical “The Book of Mormon”, there was more dancing than he thought there would be. He was so proud when he got the role of Elder Price, the lead. He sat up and stared out at the empty velvet seats that would soon be filled with an excited audience. When he first came to see the show himself people had walked out do to its offensive humor, believe it or not he was hoping that something like that would happen at his performance. It would reassure him that he was doing his job correctly. Eventually, he got up and grabbed his duffle bag, it’s always a to carry onto the train, and headed out. Jongin has been living in New York for about four years now. People always told him that he would never live a comfortable life majoring in musical theater, they couldn’t have been more wrong. He loved his life. Some people may see his tiny studio apartment that he shares with his roommate Jongdae a little ty, and the fact they all the food he ever eats is instant, but he enjoys it. Jongin had decided a long time ago that as long as he loves what he’s doing then that is all that matters to him. So far he has played minor, but decnet rolls in off-broadway shows, and works the morning shift at a local cafe everyday. To some, his life is hectic and never planned out. To Jongin, his life was the definition of comfortable.

    Jongin collapsed onto the small loveseat in his apartment and listened as all of his joints cracked. He may or may not be a little bit sore. He heard a screech and looked over to see his roommate Jongdae running towards him. He flailed his arms around and told Jongin to “shoo” before eventually pushing him off the couch. Jongin pouted and rubbed his already sore body which just got ten times worse due to the impact of his fall.

“Ya! What the hell man!” Jongin whacked Jongdae’s leg.

“Someone very important is coming to stay with us for awhile.”

“Wait, what!? This apartment is way too small to house a guest, also you never asked my opinion.”

“That is because your opinion doesn’t matter on this topic.”

“This is my apartment too you know! I pay half of the rent.”
“Yes but the guy that will be staying with us is extremely important! I really look up to him!”

“You look up to a good amount of people my friend.”

“Oh ha. Ha. Very funny Jongin.”

Jongdae stuck his tongue out at his pouting roommate and went back to fluffing the pillows. Jongin got up with a scowl and headed towards the bed. The worst part of a studio apartment is the fact that you can’t dramatically exit the room when you’re upset. You can angrily exit into the hallway, but it just doesn’t have the same effect.

    Kyungsoo stared in awe at all of the amazing things he was seeing. The hustle and bustle of New York city, the multitudes of living humans, he couldn’t spot any horns on anyone's heads! He also was amazed by the amount of cars there were. He saw what a car looked like as a child in a storybook, seeing them in real life was so surreal. Kyungsoo skipped around happily in the streets. He ignored the annoyed groans of people he pushed through and just kept heading forward. He was making his way downtown, walking fast, when he ran into someone. He ran over and helped the person up, trying not to laugh.

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo smiled, not realizing he was showing off his fangs.

“Uh...yeah. I’m gonna go now.” The person pried their arm from Kyungsoo’s death grip and started to run off.

“Wait! Human come back!” Kyungsoo sighed as he watched the human run away.

His first contact ended so soon. He decided that once he gets in touch with his father’s friend, then he can introduce him to some more humans! Kyungsoo pulled the small paper out of his back jean pocket and squinted at the scribbled numbers and letters. He couldn’t wait to immerse himself in the human world.

    Jongdae practically squealed when he heard the knocks on the door. He was hoping it wasn’t Jongin’s chinese food order. He ran over and flung the door open to see a shocked Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo glared at the giddy man with extreme judgement. Jongdae screamed again and pulled him into a hug whilst telling him he looked just like his father. Kyungsoo absolutely despised hearing that. He pushed the man away and walked into the apartment to look around. Well, there wasn’t really much to look at. He wondered if humans always lived in such small homes. He turned towards Jongdae and laced his hands behind his back.

“Based on your reaction, I’m guessing you are my father’s friend?”

“Yup! We go waaaaay back!”
“I see. Is this just my room?”

“Nope~ You’ll be sharing with me and Jongin.”

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo followed Jongdae’s finger to see another man laying face first on the bed in the corner. “Is he dead?”

“Nah, he’s just tired and hungry! I ordered some chinese food for all of us!”
“Really!?” Kyungsoo’s eyes lit up. “I’ve always wanted to try chinese food!”

Jongdae just nodded and smiled. The prince of hell was much cuter than he expected.

Jongin groaned and sat up, rubbing his tired eyes. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened even more, which Jongdae thought was physically impossible, when he saw Jongin’s face. Kyungsoo was only joking with his brother when he spoke of finding an angel, but this man had to be an ethereal being. He was absolutely stunning. It looked as if God put aside extra time just to sculpt this man’s beautiful face. Jongdae elbowed Kyungsoo in the side, the boy didn’t realize he was staring. There was a knock on the door and Jongin quickly passed by them, hoping it was the food. Kyungsoo was once again taken aback when he smelled the scent that Jongin left once he walked by him.

“Oh my satan he smells like happiness…”

“Hey don’t use your father’s name in that way!”

Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes and went back to staring at the beautiful, tan, perfect man.

So I now have two weeks off of school so that means a ton of writing!! I can't wait to continue with this one, I have some funny ideas in mind for some chapters! Let me know what you think! I love hearing people's views of the chapters~~ Thanks for reading! :)