Chapter Two

Scars

 

"Professor, what are you doing here?" I managed to squeak out some words. TEUK!!! I still couldn’t believe the fact that he was standing next to me. My mind was already churning like waves and anticipated to hear out what he was going to say.

"Ariel, I want to talk about the project."

"Oh," I stated flatly. I was wrong to hope such thoughts.

"I'm not travelling with you guys on this trip. All of you are gonna travel by yourselves," he explained, smiling broadly.

"Okay, but why didn't tell us during classes," I questioned confusedly.

Teuk responded me with a mischievous smile. "See you during my class, Ariel." He strolled away leisurely.

 

Jungkook's POV

He stared at them at a distance. They were discussing about the upcoming trip and it was strange. Teuk had sent over to everyone that they were on their own. And Ariel didn't seem to know about it. Plus, he was kinda intimated with her but Ariel looked uncomfortable. Seems like she wasn't really interested in their conversation they were having. For some time, they parted ways and Ariel headed back to the dorm.

"Hey," he called out. Ariel pratically jumped out of her skin. As she slowly turned around, he saw her face was burning up. He was also taken back. Her face was the complete opposite and pratically covered her face.

"What do yo-youu need?" she stuttered, not remoivng her fingers.

"Do you have a crush on that guy?"

"Nope, not a chance," she said flatly.

"Yeah, you're gonna be in big trouble if you were," he remarked, still not believing her words. She was denying and he wasn't gonna press that issue anymore. After all, it wasn't his business to in.

"Yeah, you're right. I like him," she admitted. "I can't believe I'm blurting everything out to you."

"You don't act like you’re lovestruck. It’s like you’re a robot," he smirked.

“But then, why didn’t he send you the message?”

“I have no idea,” I shrugged. “Btw, why don’t you date girls?” I stated out of curiousity. Jungkook looked uncomfortable and he started scratching his neck.

“I don’t know. I feel like they’re just fake and only care about my looks,” his eyes were somewhere far away. I guess he doesn’t want to really talk about it. He looked like he had an unhappy past.

“Ariel wake up! We’re gonna be late!” Hyeri started pulling my blanket away.

“What for?” I rubbed my eyes sleepily.
“Oh my god,” I jolted awake.
“Hyeri, help me choose my outfit,” I hurriedly brushed my teeth.

"What should I do? Should I sit with Jin cause he's my partner?" Hyeri suggested nervously. Jin had already plopped down in one of the seats and Jung-kook was nowhere to be seen. I nodded in encouragement and lightly pushed her away. She immediately sat next to him and the next minute, they were chatting like old friends. That's one good trait of Hyeri. She always makes friends in ten seconds and I wished to be like her. It was hard for me to make friends that quick. I feel awkward around new people and become stiff.

"The seat's taken," a voice called out.
"Hi," I stated uncomfortably. Jung-kook was croutching under the seat, looking for his snacks. He was searching frantically for it and finally found them. However, they were baked in dirt and I handed out mine. Luckily, I brought the same and handed out to him.
"Thanks. You can sit next to me. I thought you were some random girl."
"Where's your friend?"
To his reply I gestured over to Hyeri who was gleefully chatting with Jin. They were soo into their conversation.
".........................." The long silence hushed us again and we were quiet along the way.
I shook my head. My eyelids were getting heavier and dozed off.


Jungkook's POV

He suddenly felt a light weight on his shoulder. Ariel had fallen asleep and nudged comfortably. Her hair was soft and they were tickling his ear. He wanted to move her head to the other side but was stopped by the peacefulness of her sleep.
"Seriously, she sleeps just like an infant," he mumbled and chuckled. He froze. It's been a long time since he had enjoyed the sight of a girl. She was smiling, and murmuring words like, 'No,... I want to eat that.. It's mine....."
"Ehh, she's such a weird person." He was enjoying the sight of her muffled whisphering and reached out his hand and pulled away.
"What the hell is wrong with me today?" Jung-kook brushed his hair puzzledly.

"Jung-kook, why are you smirking like a ert?" Jin questioned, smiling innocently at him. How long had he been staring at him?
"Cause she looks creepy," he stated quickly, averting his gaze.
"Liar," Jin grinned mischievously.
"Shut up."


Ariel's POV
 

"Geez, Ariel why do you always have to sleep every time we travel," Hyeri huffed impatiently.
"We're gonna get the worst room now," she sighed, dragging my luggage. I looked around the cabin. Obviously, this place needed some refurnishment. The corridors were draped with last halloween decorations and some of them were engulfed with real cobwebs. I shuddered and hoped this place doesn't actually reeked of real spiders.

"Jung-kook oppa, I'm scared," a cute girl was clutching his arms and pretended to scared. Somehow, I pity him.
"I don't care. Plus, you don't actually have to follow me here," he scoffed and shook his arm.

"Hey, Sophie. You can sleep with us if you are really frightened by those lame decorations," Hyeri offered. In response, the girl quickly scampered away.
"Thanks." Hyeri give him a high-five. They were getting along in an instant.
"Well, I did it cause I owe you a favour for taking care of Ariel." I gwaked at them.

I had something to do with them? *What did he acutally helped me with?*
"Did I do something?" I squeaked in bewilderment. In return, Hyeri gave me a gummy smile and Jung-kook became quiet.
"No honey, you didn't do anything," she assured me, pulling me to our room.


"So, where do we head first?" Jung-kook announced, holding a local map.
"We should head to the museum for more facts," I replied, admiring the locals working on their handicrafts. One of the shop owners smiled at me and gestured me to come over.
"Miss, you should keep this," he handed me a crystal pendant. It was sparkling intensely and "fate" was written in tiny letters.
"No, I can't. It's too beautiful," I stated, returing back the crystal. He shook his head.
"You look like you need one cause this is a very special stone," he explained. "This crystal will change colour if you actually experience true love from others."
"Thank you," I smiled broadly and catched up with my group.