Chapter One- The beginning

Scars

"Sorry, I'm not interesed in anyone right now." The girl who had been staring at him with beady eyes were now rimmed with tears. Jung-kook sighed. This wasn't the same it used to be in highschool. People don't start confessing in private or appoint someonone to meet up.

Still, girls keept swarming over him and he wasn't going to turn back into that same person anymore. The girl kept mumbling things like 'whhy, I like you since high school oppa. This is the reason why I'm chose this university.' This girl feelings were just lust. It wasn't love. He ignored her and walked away, looking at the clear vast azure skies.
 

"Hey, man. You're still as popular as ever," Jin smirked, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't know why girls don't get that I dont' do or believe in love. It's all nonsense."

"They don't think so Jung. You have been way popular since kindergarten. Even mums couldn't keep their hands off you," Jin stated, taking out his stationery.

Female of all ages had always have unshakeable strong attraction of lust, not love. Women were persistent and chased him to the face of the earth. They were vicious, horrendous and there were several cases of attempted abdution when he was ten. How could he believe in true love where was no one to show it to him? His mother even ran off with some other man leaving him behind without even saying goodbye. His father was dead. His relatives didn't even bothered to pick him up.

The only person he had ever believed in was Jin.
He should his head vigorously, breaking his thoughts away. Being the top student was his intention. He wouldn't be the same person he was before. It was time for him to get a fresh start.


Ariel's POV

The only thing I find this class interesting is Professor Teuk. He is the youngest and hottest teacher in the campus. Every time when he explains something, his eyes would light up and his dimples would spread out, taking my breath away. His movements are like waltzing He was the reason I chose this uni.

"Geez, you gotta concentrate on writing down your notes or you're gonna flunk your midterms," Hyeri scolded, breaking my thoughts.

"Okay dude. I've got all of them down," I stated, writing down speedily. She knew all about this and was still worried that I'm not catching up with anything.

"Seriously, you have bad taste in men. You always start falling in heels with older guys and they never work out," she added, shaking her head.
"There are many fishes in the sea, you know." Hyeri stated, gesturing towards Jung-kook and Jin. This was my turn shaking my head. Hyeri had a crush on Jin but she never had the courage to talk to him. One time, she almost made a bad impression on him, asking him whether he was straight. I slapped my face with my palm. This was really gonna be a difficult one. 

"Jin and Jungkook are almost together you know," I stated, already working out a plan. They were like two peas in a pod. Plus, they are the eye candy of the whole campus. And I still can't forget what happened earlier. I witnessed the whole scene of Jungkook and some other girl. Obviously, that girl had feelings for him and she was turned down in an instant. Jungkook seriously had no self-pity for her even he does have an irrestiable gorgeous features. I can't believe why his popularity hadn't decline even he was cold-hearted.


Even now, a pretty girl behind him had thrown over a scrunched up note. He fished the note immediately and tore up into pieces. The pretty girl's face darkened and ran out of the room. Jin leered into him and whisphered some words I could'nt made it out. He might be reminding him not to do this again. The whole class hushed into silence. The only sound that was heard was Lee Tuk lecturing who didn't notice the scene.

"And so, I would like you guys to partner up yourselves. The pairing must be your opposite gender," he explained, already jolting down the partners. Several girls were shouting Jung-kook's name and it was a complete mess.

"Now girls, calm down. To be fair, I'm gonna pair Jung-kook up with Song Ariel," he announced, already writing down my name. My name???? My name!!! I have to pair up with this cold, heartless guy? I groaned. This was going to be a real tough situation. I threw my confused look and Teuk just gave me a 'help me out' smile. I couldn't help it. It's like he needs me to get over this situtation and nodded in defeat.

"Professor, Hyeri wants to partner with Jin," I shouted, pointing a finger at Hyeri. She was blushing furiously, mouthing me a "why do you have to do this" and covered up her face. Jin turned to face her and grinned widely.

"Jin's staring at you now," I teased jokingly, prying her fingers. She pinched at me in response and smiled gratefully.

"Ariel, thanks," she squealed and her smile faded within minutes.
"I think Jungkook's staring at us," she whisphered, gesturing with her eyes. She was right. He was staring at us blankly, and forced out a smile.



Jung-kook side of story

As usual, it was gonna be a huge trouble for him. The girl was the same as other girls. Ariel's widely known for her bad attitude towards guys and there were rumours that she was stalking a guy and was filed. But for some reason, he felt kinda relieved. *No, she will be the same,* he reminded himself.

RINGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

"Wait," a voice called out to him just he was leaving. He stopped in his steps.
"Can we talk about where we're gonna be meeting for the upcoming trip?" Ariel questioned, smirking at him gleefully.

"What trip?"

"We were given the topic Maiden Arizona and we need to travel to that historical site," she explained, puzzled by his questioning.

(NOTE: MAIDEN ARIZONA IS A MADE UP STORY BY ME WHO DIED WHEN SHE WAS WAITING FOR HER LOVER TO COME BACK DURING THE WAR)

"Okay, we're meeting by the lake," he replied back, wondering why he hadn't heard the rest of the lecture.

"And,...."

"And what?" he sounded impatient and almost yelled at her. She was taken back by his outburst and frightened. 

"God, she was going to tell you the bus number," Hyeri huffed furiously. Jungkook flinched. Not a single girl had told him off. All they ever did was pamper and soothe him. But these girls were different. They spoke to him like he was a normal person. Ariel was just trying to be nice and Hyeri was defending her. He smiled in amusement, watching Ariel dragged away.

"Dude, she was trying to be nice and look have you done," Jin sighed, patting his head.



Ariel's POV

I shook my head confusedly. A million thoughts were swarming up. *Why did he do that? Did I annoy him? Was I speaking too much? What made him snap?* Maybe I am overthinking a lot. I felt kinda bad for Hyeri. She had shown her annoyed face in front of him for me. I don't think she even noticed that.

"That guy's attitude really ticked me off," Hyeri interrupted me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, you're gonna miss your practice," I reminded her. She was rehearsing vocals for her upcoming tests with other Girl's Day Group members.

"Yeah! I almost forgot. Gotta go Ariel," she jogged off, waving back at me. After she left I was lost in my thoughts again.
A familiar voice behind me spoke, "Ariel, can I talk to you for a minute?"