Rude Love

Writer's Block

Chapter 5

.

.

Soojung stomach gave a sharp heave as the stranger opened his eyes, and her mind completely erased the thought of running away when she happened to catch his gaze. His eyes were a deep brown, almost black, and from the confused look on his face, she realized he didn't know where he was.

Wait. Those eyes, those face. 'He's the man in my dream!?' Her brain screaming.

"What are you doing in my bed ?" Jung Soojung barely managed to spit the words out, so she doubted if he even understood what she was saying. She pushed her back even closer to the headboard, straightening up as though there was a board nailed to her back. Soojung, however, only wanted to put as much space between her and this stranger as possible, and her continuing the sit on top of the bed wasn't doing the job. It didn't take long for her to jump off the bed, and the second her feet hit the floor, Soojung threw the covers off of the strange man, fully intent on kicking him out of my apartment. "Get the hell ou-" Her eyes widened considerably, dropping down as the man's body came into view. She, being the strange woman that she was, skipped over his torso and landed straight on his more private parts. She screamed… again. "Get out!"

Confused, he followed her gaze (which, embarrassingly enough, was still glued to his nether regions) and the second he realized that he was in his precious birthday suit, he snatched the corner of the comforter from her hand and covered himself up.

"I don't even know where the hell I am!" he yelled, his voice a deep, husky sound. Soojung shivered. If the opportunity would have ever risen, he could have persuaded her to do anything with only his voice.

"Well, you are in my apartment, for one." Soojung took a step back, not turning so she could make sure he didn't try anything with her. "Two: you are very much , and I would really appreciate it if you would put some damn clothes on." Her heels caught on something just then, making her stumble and look down. Ah, there were his pants! She bent down to pick them up and threw them at him. "Dress, then get out!" He caught the jeans just before they hit him, and without argument, he pulled them on. And no, she didn't look!

Once his pants were securely in place, he walked out of the bedroom, not even looking over his shoulders. His eyes swept over her apartment, his body seemed to tense at the sight.

"You live at the same place I do." He stopped suddenly, almost making her run into him, but somehow she saved herself from another embarrassment and an awkward situation.

"That's nice to know, sir, but you need to go." Soojung pointed around him to the door, giving his shoulder a shove to emphasize her point. It was then, when her hand came in contact with his bare skin, that she realized how very undressed he still was. And, if she wasn't so pissed, she could have jumped him right there.

"I'm going, I'm going." And he did. Soojung turned around and leaned against the door after she had shut it behind him, thinking one thing: that… was really weird.

'He live here? Did we met somewhere before? Is this reality? it can't be a dream again, can it?'

.

.

.

"He was ?" Yoona yelled in her unbelievably high pitched voice, the one she uses when she is surprised, angry, or extremely happy. "And sleepin' beside you?" Soojung nodded her head, blowing on the coffee Yoona had bought her. They walked out of the gas station and simultaneously they both lifted their free hand to shield their eyes from the bright sunlight until they were able to adjust.

"I have no idea how he got in though, I always lock my door," Soojung mused. "Too bad I don't know his name, Changmin oppa might have known him." Whoops, she didn't really mean to say that aloud. You see, while telling her dear cousin Yoona her horrid tale, Soojung had conveniently omitted the fact that the mystery man said he lived at the same place as she did. Yoona would have had a heart attack if she heard that.

"Really? How so?" She didn't sound as though she was accusing her, but Soojung knew she had caught on.

"He, uh, mentioned that my place looked familiar." Yoona's head turned towards hers, her hand dropping from her eyes. "And he may have said something about living in the same place as me." Soojung dropped her own hand, looking at her expression closely.

"And you aren't scared that this man may be stalking you or something?" Soojung shrugged, trying to appear nonchalant when all she really wanted to do was hit something. Yoona stepped off of the sidewalk, making her way in between two cars to get to hers. Soojung walked to the passenger's side and opened the door.

"Let's just forget about it, okay? The creep even seemed confused when he woke up, so I'm sure he didn't intend on sleeping there." Soojung plopped down onto the seat, slamming the door shut a few seconds after Yoona did the same.

"Yeah, I guess." She put her key into the ignition and turned, bringing the car to life.

"So, where are we meeting Changmin oppa at then?" Soojung scolded herself for telling her so early in the day. Now, she wouldn't be able to focus, too worried about her poor being mauled by a psycho.

"He wants to go ring shopping, saying that the second we get enough money, we are going to buy whichever ring I like!" Yoona sipped at her coffee, her eyes still distant.

"Wonderful! Ring shopping it is then!" Soojung tried to put enough enthusiasm in her words to draw Yoona's attention back to the present, her attempts were fruitless, however, and Yoona remained trapped in her own world. The shop wasn't far away, only a few blocks, and it didn't take more than ten minutes to get there. Yoona greeted Changmin with fake fervor, although he seemed to not catch on, Soojung did, and once again Soojung scolded herself for ruining one of the most important days of Yoona's life.

Jung Soojung stood off to the side, feeling quite awkward in that moment. Changmin placed his hand at the small of Yoona's back and led her around the room, pointing out huge diamonds that caught his eye. Soojung smiled when Yoona glanced over her shoulder at her. Yoona smiled back at Soojung quickly, as if apologizing for dragging her along. But how could she not? She wouldn't miss the opportunity to support one of my beloved cousin for all the world. Her mind was brought back to reality at the sound of Yoona's laugh. Changmin really treated her pretty damn well, Soojung had to give him that. Plus, she had to give Yoona some points for snatching such a good looking fellow.

Changmin was tall, perhaps six, three and a half – a good head taller than his fiancé. His hair was a light brown, and always looked like he had just rolled out of bed, but that only seemed to add to his good looking appearance. He normally wore fitting jeans, and sweatshirts.

Yoona was exactly like him: hated dressing up, didn't particularly like formal occasions. Her hair was a little darker than Changmin's. But when Changmin first came into the picture, Yoona started to dress to impress.

"Soojung-ah, come and look at this one." Soojung walked up next to Yoona as requested, looking down into the glass display at the ring she had pointed out. "I think it's too big."

"It would look perfect, unnie," Soojung said with a smile.

"Can I help you with anything?" The jeweler smiled at the three of us from behind the display case. Soojung tore her eyes off of the diamond and glanced up. The woman was older, and rather plump. Her hair was thick and graying around her scalp. Her face was wrinkled, as if she had smiled a lot and the lines had been fixed in place. "Would you like to try it on?" Soojung smiled at Yoona, nodding her head in urging.

"I can do that?" Yoona asked, her eyes still glued on the beautiful ring.

"Of course, my dear." The older lady laughed, sliding open the back of the case after having unlocked it. She pulled out a number of rings, but Yoona had already chosen which one she preferred, no matter her previous resistance. It made Soojung smile.

"It looks good on you," Changmin whispered in her ear, moving to stand behind her, looking at her finger from over her shoulder. The old lady smiled, averting her eyes from the affectionate display. "The second I get enough money, I promise its yours." With a frown, Yoona slipped the ring off her finger and handed it back to the jeweler.

"We can always get a smaller one, Changmin. That way it won't be so expensive." Changmin shook his head, against her idea one hundred percent.

"You deserve a big rock." Yoona blushed.

"Where to now?" Soojung asked, walking a few steps behind the couple holding hands. "I need to hit Mart."

"I actually told a friend I'd meet him at NIT cafe for lunch." The couple stopped walking, turning around to look at Soojung.

"Come with us." Soojung wasn't sure if that was what Changmin had planned on asking her, and from his reaction Soojung realized she had assumed right. Changmin and her never really 'clicked', and his friends were hardly the sort of people Soojung would hang out with. Yoona, however, gave Soojung a pout that she could not go against, and so, fifteen minutes later, she found herself sitting on a booth at NIT's opposite of the couple as they waited for Changmin's friend.

"So who are we meeting?" Soojung asked, taking a sip of her pop. Yoona bent her head, scrutinizing the menu in front of her, not really paying attention to the on goings around her.

"His name is Myungsoo, the one who just moved here last month." Soojung didn't think he believed his explanation would make her remember his friend, but she pretended it did anyways. "I don't think you've met him yet." Soojung blushed. The waitress came over, saving her from embarrassment, and took their food order.

"Yeah, I'll just have an order of fries," Soojung said quietly. She hated when Changmin paid for the meal, it made her want to starve herself if it meant he wouldn't have to spend so much on her. The waitress took Changmin's and Yoona's orders and left, but not before giving Changmin one last look over, an unnecessary smile tugged at her lips. His friend was late, but from the carefree air surrounding Changmin, she figured this was what he had expected.

"Are you sure he knew what time he was supposed to meet us?" Yoona asked, glancing over her shoulder, obviously looking for the man. "Oh, there he is." Yoona turned back around, satisfied that he didn't get lost or something. Soojung didn't look up to see if she would recognize him, and she didn't want to give him a bad first impression if she had already met him. Soojung waited until he was next to the table before finally lazily dragging her gaze to his face.

And true! It was him. Her breath caught in as her eyes locked with a familiar pair of stunningly dark brown eyes. Soojung's face turned crimson instantly, the colour traveling up her neck before marking her cheeks. This was going to be awkward.

"Myungsoo, it's good to see you!" Changmin smiled at his longtime friend, standing from his chair to shake his hand. Yoona nodded her head in acknowledgement, giving him a small smile. Soojung made sure to keep her gaze anywhere but on him, praying to the Lord that he wouldn't recognize her, or with a of luck, perhaps he wouldn't notice her. "Uh, Myungsoo this is Soojung, Soojung this is Myungsoo." Damn you, Changmin! Soojung thought with a scowl as she raised her head, forcing herself to walk into this horrible situation.

"Hi," Soojung squeaked, her eyes not able to look at him for more than a mere second. Changmin motioned for Myungsoo to take a seat, which just so happened to be right next to Soojung. It took all her strength to keep from tensing up, she didn't want him to think she hated him, but this was definitely weird.

"So, how have you been?" Changmin asked, not even noticing Soojung discomfort. Yoona, however, noticed quickly and eyed her warily. Soojung gave her a small nod to assure her she was fine.

"Good." Soojung's hand clenched, this man was simply infuriating. That, or she was ually frustrated. She decided it was the former for her strange behavior.

"How's seolhyun?" Yoona asked, although it didn't seem like she put much effort into seeming like she was actually interested in the answer.

"I wouldn't know, we stopped seeing each other a few weeks ago." Soojung put her elbow on the table, placing her chin on her palm and sighed. It had an affect that she didn't want – everyone looked, including Mr. Kim Myungsoo. Soojung smiled, her cheeks darkening in colour a little bit more.

"You're quiet, Soojung, somethin' up?" Changmin asked, taking a drink of his pop.

"Yeah, your friend somehow managed to get into my apartment last night and it sort of freaked me out. But don't worry; I will get on with my life just fine." No, Soojung didn't say that, but shewanted to. If only just to see what Changmin would do. Nothing… most likely. Changmin tended to stand up for whoever he liked better, and Soojung doubted that would be her in this situation.

"Nope, everything is fine." Soojung had to clear after she finished speaking; her voice was a bit higher than normal. Yoona, being the observant woman that she was, noticed.

"Anyways," Yoona forced the attention onto herself. Soojung gave her an appreciative smile. "What happened between you and seolhyun?"

"She got bored of me." Myungsoo shrugged. Soojungcouldn't help it, her eyes moved to his face, looking at him with sympathy. He didn't return her gaze, and for that she was thankful. His eyes were to mesmerizing. But Soojung didn't look away; she gave herself the opportunity to gaze over his facial features. He was quite a handsome devil, if I did say so myself. Like the Myungsoo in her dream.

"I'm sorry." Soojung didn't notice that it was her who spoke those words until she realized everyone was looking at her again. "Uh, I know what that's like." Soojung leaned back on her chair, trying to appear as laidback as possible.

"I bet," Myungsoo mumbled. Soojung's eyes widened. Did he just judge her? Oh, that bastard. She glared at the side of his head, wishing that he would just leave. "Look, I think I'm goin' to go home, I have a lot of job applications to fill out." His chair moved back as he stood, the backs of his knees pushing on the seat. Changmin stood with him and led him to the door, leaving Yoona to hound Soojung with questions.

"What's wrong?" Yoona sounded concerned, but Soojung knew Yoona caught on to the fact that Myungsoo and her had indeed met.

Soojung shrugged off her question. "He's a prick, I really don't like him." She hoped Yoona knew who she was talking about.

"Myungsoo? He normally isn't like this; he's actually quite the ladies man." Yoona smiled, leaning back on her chair like Soojung was. "He just broke up with seolhyun, too, and they had been together for close to three years."

"Too bad, that doesn't give him the right to be an a-" Soojung wasn't able to finish her statement.

"He said we could come to his place later tonight,Yoong." Changmin sat back down on his chair, obviously pleased with the invitation. "He lives at the same place you do, Soojung." Yoona's head turned abruptly to face her, her eyes wide with understanding.

"Oh, god," Yoona mumbled, and for some unknown reason, the stupid woman started laughing. Soojung glared at her; the situation was anything but amusing. "It was him!" Yoona put a hand to her chest, her eyes watering a bit. Soojung crossed her arms over her chest, a little irritated with her reaction.

"What? What did he do?" Changmin asked, completely confused.

"He slept with Soojung!" Soojung sunk down into her seat, everyone in the cafe looked at them. You could say Yoona had a loud mouth.

"He did not!" Soojung yelled, making sure to keep her voice a little  quieter than Yoona had. Changmin of course, joined in with his fiancé, the pair laughed until their faces turned purple.

"No wonder you turned red," he said, still laughing a bit. "It has to be awkward realizing that you had to hang around with the man you just had a one night stand with." Soojung jumped up from her chair and stormed out of the restaurant, not missing the snicker the waitress made as she passed.

.

.

.

.

.

To Be Continue

kimmyungsoojung © 2019