Reality

Writer's Block

Chapter 4

.

.

Did Jung Soojung have a reason to be a little pissed? Yeah, just not a huge reason. It wasn't like this never happened to her before. Quite the contrary, this happened at least twice a month. What happens, do you ask? Well, she getting dumped! Men! Why were they ever created! Bastards!

Jung Soojung flipped off a stranger – a man – as she walked down the busy sidewalk of New York, just out of spite. Of course, he flipped her off right back. See what her mean? Men are bastards!

She rolled her eyes, pushing her brown hair over her shoulder with index finger. Today, you could say, was not her good day. But let's not jump the gun, right? At least she's little happy because her wonderful dream two days ago: being successful person, own a good place, work as romance writer, met a very hot handsome yet so cute man and have with him.

'Damn. If only it wasn't a dream' she thought let out a deep sigh.

"This isn't going to work, Soojung."

Ah, that sweet, velvety voice that she had fallen in love with had just spoken words of death to her. This man, one that she had become quite fond of, was Kai. They had been dating for three weeks, but had been friends for nearly three years prior. Well, there was another name she could scratch off of her friends list.

"And why is that?" She asked.

This seems to happen a lot, and she have no idea what she did wrong. Yoona, Soojung’s cousin and best friend at the same time, would have slapped her upside the head for asking. But honestly, going through four break-ups in the last, oh, three months tended to make one not give a .

"It isn't you, Soojung-" And there was when she promptly stopped listening. The good old it's not her, it's her excuse was history repeating itself in her ears, and Soojung had heard it enough.

"Well, have a good life, Kai."

She scooted out of the restaurant booth, booking it out of there as fast as her legs could carry her. And now, you are caught up, and should understand why Soojung was – in polite words - very, very angry. She looked at another man and snarled. Normally, She would never do such stupid things to strangers, being easily embarrassed was quite the set back. Aah, but the benefits of seeing red. Soojung smiled crookedly as another dream of smacking Kai's perfect face flashed before her eyes.

Jung Soojung managed to keep her temper under control for the rest of the walk back to her small, one bedroom apartment. She lived on the second floor, room 9, at the very end of the hallway. Brilliant spot really, she could hear everything going on in her neighbor's rooms, and one was an especially loud couple. She slipped her key into the lock and gave it a few shakes, unlocking the door within a record time of thirty seconds. Yeah, She's impressed too!

"Soojung-ah! I just got the best news!" Soojung cringed out of instinct. That voice was an high enough pitch to break glass. Forgive her if she seem like a wimp, but she fear for her eardrums.

"How in the hell did you get in here?" Soojung snapped. Her cousin, the one previously introduced as Im Yoona, sat on her couch, stuffing with some of her potato chips.

"You gave me a key," she replied, unfazed by her harsh tone. "But guess who you are looking at." Soojung rolled her eyes, having also heard this question plenty of times.

"Well, let's see, either Mrs. I'm-moving-to-overseas-to-live-with-my-lover, or Mrs. I-really-am-not-anyone-special-but-I-feel-like-playing-a-ridiculous-game-and-this-was-all-I-could-think-of." Normally, one would be offended by her rude, sarcastic attitude. Perhaps that was why men continually threw her aside, Soojung wondered, slamming the door behind her as she walked into the kitchen.

"Actually, Mrs. I-got-my--dumped-again-so-I-have-an-excuse-to-be-a-, I am now Mrs. Shim." Yoona made some strange high pitched squeal, and Soojung's swear on her death, that she heard something in her dish cupboard crack. However, Soojung didn't exactly care about her dishes, she had actually gotten married! No, no, no, that couldn't happen! They were supposed to get married around the same time. Their husbands were supposed to be kinda like friends, and their kids were supposed to beat each other up! That day had officially been ruined in the worst possible way.

"What? You're serious!" Soojung screamed in ecstatic joy. And yes, she's over exaggerating. But she was happy for her cousin; she's not that big of a !

If only her sister: Jessica would never betrayed her parents, run to hongkong and pregnant with her Chinese Boyfriend, she will be the one who laughing with her now like their cousin now. Unfortunately, reality is different. Jessica entrust her authority to keep Soojung who living in NYU always in the right way to their beloved cousin: Im Yoona. And because of that man Jessica and their parents, then Yoona have been in cold war until now. But of course, Soojung couldn't blame her sister. In fact they still keep in touch and support each other.

"Yeah, just this afternoon!" She ran into the living room, and rather ungracefully jumped onto the couch next to her, wrapping her arms around Yoona neck and squealing like a little high schooler right along with her cousin. "We don't have a ring yet, but he says as soon as we get the money!" Soojung let Yoona go and leaned her back against the armrest.

"That's great! I knew it would happen eventually!" Soojung smiled at her, genuinely happy that Yoona had managed to find Mr. Perfect. She wrinkled her nose in jealousy.

"Yeah, and he said he would move here, instead of making me go to his place!" Yoona's smile wavered, and Soojung instantly knew what her heart truly wanted to do.

"You shouldn't stay here just for me, unnie." Soojung scowled at Yoona. She hated when her cousin acted out of pity for her. She could take care of herself, but no one else seemed to agree with her.

"I'm staying because I already have a good job, my family is here, and Changmin had already bought a house. You have nothing to do with it." Yoona stuck her nose in the air and looked away from Soojung to the television. Well, that shut her up.

"That actually, kinda, hurt." Soojung frowned. She was never one to take people seriously, be it an insult or not, she always chose not to care. But Yoona, being as close as they were, had unintentionally hurt her poor feelings.

"Oh, you are such a baby." She laughed at Soojung's pout. "You know that you had a little bit to do with it!" Soojung shrugged.

"I try, unnie, I do try." She spoke in a scholarly tone, like one a professor would use on a fifth grader. They sat there for a good hour talking about absolutely everything and nothing. By eight, they had officially decided they were going to watch Soojung's favorite show, and instantly Yoona reached for her phone and invited her lover boy over.

"I find it funny how you didn't even ask if it was okay." Soojung put her hand to her chin as if analyzing Yoona's actions. However, The tv show – to her – was much more interesting than having a fake argument with Yoona.

"And you don't want me to feel sorry for you?" Yoona rolled her eyes at Soojung pathetic display. "You are a strange woman, Jung Soojung, very strange." And so the night went on. Changmin arrived a few minutes later; bringing a few cans of beer and two pizza box.

"Did you hear that Jaejoong? Guys can marry other guys now. So...this is awkward, but I mean, if they can do that, that is pretty much it for you, isn't it? I mean, you may as well pack it in. Game over." Soojung's think she could have coughed up a lung from laughing so hard. Ah, such a silly !

"Well, I think we should probably head out." Yoona yawned as if she needed to put more emphasis on her point. "It's almost one." She looked at the VCR under the TV, and to her surprise, it was actually twelve thirty. Oh, how time flies when you are having fun.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Soojung-ah. Oh, and I'm sorry that things didn't work out with Kai."

Soojung shrugged, standing up as the couple made their way to the door. Yoona and her exchanged smiles and Changmin, having to maintain his manly reputation, merely nodded his head and stepped out of the room.

"You're lucky, unnie. I'd be lucky if I found someone half as nice as Changmin oppa." Yoona blushed, her smile growing a little until her dimples showed.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Mrs. Shim Yoona." Her blush deepened, and with one small wave, she turned and sprinted down the hallway after Changmin. They really were a cute couple; even Soojung had to admit that.

.

.

Yawning, She turned around and closed the door. There was no way she'd be able to take a shower without falling over, so she decided to go to bed immediately. Soojung walked across the living room and into her small bedroom. The room was nothing spectacular, much like the rest of her house – white walls and poop brown carpet. Her full size bed was pushed into the far corner, her dresser at the foot of it. Running a hand through her hair, Soojung walked to her dresser and opened the top drawer. Her pj's was only an extra-extra large white t-shirt that reached her knees. She slipped out of her jeans and sweatshirt and slipped on the white shirt. She walked back to the door and flicked the light off before jumping on her bed. Pulling the overstuffed comforter back, she slipped between the sheets, sighing in content, hoping she can dream about that perfect man again.

Unfortunately enough for her, her pleasant slumber lasted only a few measly hours. Soojung had always been an early morning riser, and so when she looked at the alarm clock beside her bed, its glowing red numbers showed eight fifteen. Soojung groaned and rolled onto the side. Her shirt, strangely enough, didn't follow her movements. Instead, it twisted around her like a slinky. Her brain didn't register the weight on her chest until she actually looked down, and even then Soojung had to take a couple seconds to stare at it, confused at what the hell it was.

"Holy hell," Soojung whispered aloud.

There was an arm draped across her chest. Her eyes widened in shock as they traveled up the tanned flesh. They passed over a shoulder, neck, until finally they reached a face. Oh god, if it wasn't so weird, she would have drooled all over the place. But, being the normal girl that she was, Soojung screamed and pushed the arm off of her, scooting away until her back hit the head board. Her mind finally registered what was happening. There was a man in her bed, and She'll be damned if she had actually agreed to him being there.

.

.

.

.

.

To Be Continue

kimmyungsoojung © 2016