Chapter 1

Fixing The Damaged

 

"I'm back!" I shrieked into the house, kicking my shoes off and then shutting the door with my right foot. "Come and eat your dinner!" my mother shouted back. I tripped over my schoolbag but kept running towards the kitchen anyway.
 
I perked up at hearing the word dinner and quickly kicked off my shoes.
I ran into the kitchen to find a scrumptious plate of pasta waiting for me.
 
"OH MY GOSH! FOOOOOOOD!"I screamed and started wolfing down the pasta.
 
My farher chuckled while my mother started fussing and nagging at how I didn't have table manners at all. I stopped munching when I spotted another figure at the table. Hoya was here.
 
"Hoya dropped by to visit and he made dinner for us."my mother casually decided to tell me after watching me stuff my face.
 
"Oh. Hi."I said, staring at him,staring at me. He laughed at me and pushed my chin up,closing my mouth. 
 
"You shouldn't talk with your mouth full,girl." he said then looked back down at his plate calmly and continued eating his own share.
 
After dinner,Hoya left. He told my parents he was going home but I knew that he was actually headed to his gang's hangout, The Nest. It was the most happening club in the history of clubs in my town.
 
"When are you going to get together with that boy,____?" my mother asked me after she closed the door.
 
"WHAT!?" my father shouted.
 
"Not this again.." I groaned,placing my hand on my forehead in a tired manner.
 
"You have to like SOMEBODY,____!You can't go about living your life all ALONE,right!?" my mother nagged,while following me into the kitchen.
 
"For the umpteenth time, Mom,I don't want a boyfriend. Case closed." I said, placing the dishes in the sink then heading up to my room to avoid anymore nagging.
 
"GOOD." my father stated.
 
"Honey, you're not helping." my mother turned to my father, irritated.
 
"The girl is only 17. Let her live her life. The time WILL come. And we will be there to guide her. Just..not now." my father replied, placing a hand in her shoulder.
 
"If not now, then when, huh? When?" my mother's whines grew to a thoughtful whisper as she pulled him into an embrace.
 
I locked my door and sighed. This is what happens when you have patents who are wedding planners. YES. Wedding planners.
 
I switched my laptop on and started on my homework, with 4Men's 'Baby Baby' playing in the background.