Chapter 2

Fixing The Damaged

 

I trodded down the sidewalk in my furry boots. It was snowing. "Ugh. We should be allowed to stay home in this weather!" I thought to myself, reaching the bus stop to find a cheerful Zico. No surprise there. Zico always had a cheery disposition, no matter where he was. I couldn't help but smile back at his ridiculous grin. We hopped onto the bus to school.
 
"Okay. Here's a joke. What did the plate say to the other plate?" I questioned.
"What?" Zico asked back, biting his lip to stop himself from giggling already.
"Lunch is on me." I said.
 
We both cracked up and started sharing lame jokes all the way to school, as we continued to do so every day. After school, we ran into Infinite, a popular group of versatile, talented playboys in our school. They were also my friends because of Hoya. I'd known Hoya since I was in diapers and we both knew we could count on each other whenever, wherever.
 
"Hey! ____! Zico! Why don't you join us for lunch?" Woohyun and Sunggyu chorused. They stared at each other, surprised. Then, Woohyun put a muscular arm around Sunggyu, and they chuckled. "Ew. Get a room."Hoya smartly commented, disgust apparent on his face. Woohyun stuck his tongue to the guy and pulled my hand, motioning me to come along.
 
When Zico, Infinite and I reached the shopping mall, I shouted, but not too loudly, "Whoever wants to eat meat, come with me!" 
 
"ME!" the guys all said in union. 
 
"Oh,Sungyeol, it's your treat."Sungjong grinned. 
 
"WHAAAAT!!?? Why..." he whined. 
 
"'Cos you lost in the 'Rock,Paper,Scissors' game at school during recess remember?"Dongwoo spoke up suddenly, as he always liked to do. 
 
Sungyeol groaned. "Fine,then. Since I'm a man of my word, I'll pay." he muttered in defeat.
 
 
"WOOHOO,let's goooo!!"I sang.