Chapter 4

I don't really know how to put them into words.

Namjoon wasn’t sure if it was alright for him to have the thought.

The thought of him being the replacement of Jungkook.

 

He knew he wasn’t able to help much, and he thought it was at least something he could do for Taehyung.

 

Deep down he knew it was unfair for Taehyung, and it was unfair for himself too.

But what to do?

 

It was a forlorn attempt for Taehyung to escape from that unrequited love towards Jungkook. Taehyung needed something or someone to divert his attention.

 

Namjoon was the right person for the role.

He knew if he were there to console Taehyung, he would be able to let Taehyung out of the circle.

 

Jumping out of the circle, would Taehyung even care?

Namjoon could not help but to doubt that Taehyung would ever try hard to let go of the feelings he had for Jungkook.

 

Whenever Jungkook had his arms around Jimin, Namjoon would place his arms around Taehyung. He wanted Taehyung to feel the sense of security.

 

It was not that Taehyung was lonely.

Namjoon just wanted Taehyung to feel wanted. To have Taehyung’s attention on him.

 

Wait.

 

Namjoon froze.

Am I the needy one here?

 

He looked into the doe eyes of Taehyung.

Taehyung would smile a little, and leaned towards Namjoon’s embrace.

 

 

Why had the role switched?

 

 

----

 

“….Are you, like showing too much affection towards Taehyung?”

Seokjin asked. He knew something was amiss.

 

Namjoon just frowned.

“No, I don’t think so..”

 

Did… Did they found out?

 

“Yeah… I think those touchy moments are a little overboard.”

Yoongi said as he acted out what Namjoon did on Taehyung.

“Like this… and like this…”

 

Yoongi had his arms around Seokjin and constantly rub the arms of Seokjin, and he leaned in, placing kisses on the crown of Seokjin’s head.

 

Seokjin nodded, agreed with Yoongi.

 

Namjoon just laughed and brushed it off.

“Nah, those were nothing.”

 

“I know it’s nothing for you…. But I don’t want you to hurt Taehyung..”

Seokjin added.

“I don’t want you take advantage of  Taehyung when he is in his most vulnerable state.”

 

“Really, hyung?”

Namjoon frowned.

“Is this what you think of me?”

 

“Look, we are just trying to clear things up.”

Yoongi placed his hands on Namjoon’s shoulders.

“If you are interested with Taehyung, go for it.”

 

Namjoon had his eyes widened.

… they knew it.

 

“We are not blind.”

Seokjin replied as if he had heard what Namjoon thought.

 

“Go for it.”

Yoongi smiled.

 

----

 

Taehyung was not sure why his attention was not on Jungkook nowadays anymore.

He had not idea why Namjoon was running circles in his head.

 

I must be really insane this time.

 

Taehyung would shake his head, as if trying to toss the miniature Namjoon away in his head.

 

God damn it.

 

Taehyung would curse. He tried not to blush as the touches that Namjoon gave were indeed getting more and more intimate each day. He thought may be it was only what he felt. He must be thinking too much.

 

Namjoon would kiss Taehyung by the cheek whenever they greeted each other and sometimes, he would pulled Taehyung closer to his embrace whenever they sat together. Namjoon would occasionally leaned forward and planted small kisses on the nape of Taehyung’s.

 

Taehyung would try not to blush.

 

“Are you guys an item?”

Jimin would tease them while Jungkook just laughed along.

 

Taehyung would hung his head low and looked at Namjoon with the corner of  his eyes. He was not too sure about themselves too, so he waited for Namjoon’s response.

 

To his dismay, Namjoon did not do anything.

Taehyung hate to admit. He felt a sharp pain in his heart.

 

Oh.

 

Oh.

 

Taehyung could feel the stuffiness building up in his chest and could feel the sense of awkwardness in the air.  He did not want Namjoon to feel uneasy about it. He quickly looked up and laughed along.

“Nah, we're not.”

 

“You sure?”

Jimin teased even more.

“Ayyyyy.”

 

Everybody laughed, except for Namjoon.

 

Taehyung did not see the pained expression that Namjoon had when he said that they were not.

 

Namjoon did not dare to response, as he was wanted confirmation from Taehyung too.

 

What are we?

 

We are indeed together.

 

That was what Namjoon wanted from Taehyung.

 

May be it seems like I was the only one who felt that way.

 

Namjoon smiled sadly. He sometimes thought may be, just maybe, Taehyung would feel the same way too.

 

Just once, even once.

 

Namjoon hoped desperately every single day.