Team Win

Between Love and Romance
chapter one: team win

"What are you doing Friday?" Joohyun's soft voice barely shook Jooyeon out of her trance.

"What?" Jooyeon raised her voice slightly as she replied, surprised.

Joohyun lifted a bow. "Why are you so out of it? Did something happen again? Or is it because nothing is happening again."

Jooyeon rolled her eyes in response to Joohyun's playful teasing. "Just Myungsoo drama again. He's been in and out of my house three times this week and it's only Tuesday. It's him having the lack of activity. Well, I mean it's my problem, too, but I'm not letting it take over my life like him."

Myungsoo is considered Jooyeon's best friend. He has all the traits girls look for in a guy, but he holds the title of a 'player'. The label is actually extremely incorrect. He can't even get a single girl. 

"Just tell him to it up. I mean I find it impossible that no one in this entire school likes him," Jooyeon stated, tapping her chin in thought.

"Do you like him?"

"What-" Joohyun stopped walking in shock, "Me? Like Myungsoo?"

"Yeah, I mean you're always mentioning him around me. I've actually been meaning to ask you about this."

"That's impossible."

"You think a lot of things are impossible."

"Yah!" Joohyun hit Jooyeon's arm, still shaken from her question, "Don't joke around like that. Between us Joo's, you're the one who's more likely to like him. I find it impossible that you guys haven't even considered just dating each other this entire time."

"There you go again with the impossible," Jooyeon said, avoiding the statement.

"I'm actually going to hit you one day," Joohyun raised her fist, swinging it in front of Jooyeon's face in a threatening manner.

Jooyeon just laughed it off, placing her hand on top of Joohyun's fist and holding it affectionately, "You already did, Hyun."

Although it was in the past, Jooyeon never told Joohyun about her past unrequited love towards Myungsoo. Back in high school when they first met, Joohyun liked Myungsoo. He never returned her feelings due to their age difference. Myungsoo was Jooyeon's first and only love. Fortunately, Myungsoo never made things awkward between the two and they ended up growing closer into what they are today.

  

As Jooyeon expected, Myungsoo followed her again after school. He spent the entire bus ride home reporting his interactions with Naeun, a girl his business management class. Personally, Jooyeon wasn't the biggest fan of Naeun, but she continued to listen to his day.

"What does that mean? Why are girls so complicated? One minute she wants to be partners with me, the other I hear she's saying that I'm hitting on her."

"Where you hitting on her?" Jooyeon tapped her foot in annoyance.

"I mean- yeah I guess. But it was super lowkey," Myungsoo defended himself.

"Whatever. Anyways, I don't think you should go for her. She's actually super stuck up and knows how to get her way with everything. I swear, if you don't listen to me and get hurt again, I will beat you face in with your own fist."

Myungsoo protectively held his arms close to his body, "Ok then. Yeonjoo, I don't think you understand. This is my third year in college and I haven't dated since my first year in high school. It's almost been five years. You keep rejecting all my girls. What do you think I should do?"

"Are you really asking for my opinion? I highly doubt you're actually going to listen."

"I am, ok? How about this. If you set me up with someone, I'll set you up with one of my friends."

Jooyeon immediately perked up. A plus to having a hottie best friend is being able to interact with his hottie best friends. All the attractive and decent boys tend to flock together.

"That's actually a pretty smart idea coming from a pretty dumb boy," Jooyeon nodded her head in approval.

"Well, at least you got the pretty part right. I know you tend to be a little bit slow," Myungsoo retorted. 

"Wait, my friends hate being 'set up'. Even if I did suggest you, they probably wouldn't want to anyways," Jooyeon frowned.

"Oh, right. My friends also think of you as a guy."

"Yah, who's fault is that? Huh?" Jooyeon stood up and repeatedly smacked Myungsoo on the arm, "Who's the one who acts as if I'm the younger brother they can all play around with and treat like a boy? You know I'm actually considered to be rather pretty. But becase of you-"

"You're right, you're right. It's all my fault. Oppa is sorry."

Jooyeon gagged slightly, "Oppa."

"How about this. It might take some time, but the results will be better. We slowly appeal to each other's friends and we can just help each other through the process. Like you can be hanging out with your friends and I'll 'coincidentally' show up and sit with you guys and charm my way into their hearts!"

"Right. You can 'charm'," Jooyeon continued to .

"Ok, do you want to get one of my friends or do you want to stay lonely forever?" 

"Good point. Let's do this, oppa!" Jooyeon raised her hand for a high five.

"Let's do it," his hand clapped against hers, "You're right, that oppa thing is gross."

"We need like an official name for this," Jooyeon suggested.

"Team win!"

"That's sounds dumb."

"You think everything I say is dumb," Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

"Very true. Team win it is."

  

Author's Note / I started this fic as a birthday present for Myungsoo! Just a disclaimer, I don't hate Naeun or anything and I know using her is cliche but whatever.