Chapter 1

Changing Winds

                “Is that the last box?”

                “Yea, you can just set it down over there hyung,” Taemin said as he starts opening up one of the many boxes that litters his new apartment. Soon he feels a pair of sweaty arms wrap around his shoulders and a firm chest placing itself against his back.

                “Leave that for later. You just spent all day moving and bringing everything up here. Leave the unpacking for later.”

                Taemin laughs a bit to himself as he pulls himself out of the other’s arms. “I need to at least unpack the essentials and you, you need a shower. So how about you head over to your apartment, shower, and then we can have dinner together. Let’s say around 7?” Taemin says and the other person looks at him with a playful glint in his eyes.

                “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were trying to get rid of me.”

                “Now why would I do that after you just spent all day helping me move in Onew hyung? You even took the day off work! After I insisted that you didn’t have to help me.”

                “How could I not help you when you live in the same building as me? What kind of potential boyfriend would I be if I did that?” Onew jokes causing Taemin to shake his head.

                “So now you’ve upgraded yourself from friend to ‘potential boyfriend?’ Shouldn’t I have some say on the topic?” Taemin asks as he crosses his arms across his chest, staring at his friend.

                “Of course! But we both know the statement is true so what’s the harm in saying it out loud?” Onew says with a large smile on his face that causes his eyes to turn into tiny crescent moons.

                “Hyung…”

                “I know I know, go shower. I’ll come pick you up at seven Tae,” Onew says cutting him off and stealing a quick kiss from Taemin cheek. Before Taemin can scold the older man for doing something so reckless, he is already running out the door.

                Taemin shakes his head at Onew’s behavior as he sits down in front of a random cardboard box and opens it up to find his kitchenware. He lets out a soft sigh as he slowly starts to unpack and put everything in its predetermined place.

It’s been two years since Taemin left Seoul and went back home to live with his parents after everything that had happened with Minho. A lot had happened in those two years too. Slowly he was able to come to terms with what has happened between him and Minho. He no longer hates the other man, they had even left each other on a good note, but now, even though he still can’t understand why Minho had changed so much, he had not a single ounce of hatred for him. His Body Dysmorphic Disorder had become easier to deal with as well. He was seeing a different psychiatrist while he was home and was even able to have the dosage of his pills lowered. Yet now that he is back in Seoul he’s going to have to find yet another psychiatrist to go to. He is honestly hoping that Jungsu-ssi would be able to take him on again as a patient. Taemin makes a mental note to call his office tomorrow morning.

                Taemin continues putting stuff away, sweat dripping down his brow, as he makes another mental note to never move in the summer. He has only unpacked about a third of his boxes when there’s a knock at his door. Taemin looks towards the door in confusion before glancing at the time, seeing that it’s 7:05.

                “” he curses under his breath as he runs to the door to let Onew in. Only to be attacked in a bone crushing hug.

                “Minnie! How could you not tell your own umma that you were coming back today?! Why don’t you love me anymore?!!” Key wails as he continues to hug Taemin in a bone crushing hug.

                “Hyung…I can’t breathe,” Taemin rasps out and soon Key is getting pulled off of him.

                “Key that’s enough. You can’t kill him for not telling you he was coming back,” Jonghyun says and Key pulls himself from Jonghyun’s arms to hug Taemin again.

                “I’m not killing him! I’m giving him love! I haven’t seen him in months and then he just comes back and doesn’t tell anyone?! Especially me?!” Key exclaims as his hug starts to get too tight again.

                “Hyung…too tight,” Taemin say as he tries to pry himself out of Key’s inhumane grip.

                “C’mon guys we should get going if we want to eat anytime…soon,” Onew pauses as he looks at the situation and more importantly Taemin.

                “Taemin did you even shower yet?” he asks and that is when Key let him go and looks him over as well.

                “Minnie! You’re all sweaty and filthy. What have you been doing all this time?” Key asks.

                “You just now noticed he was sweaty? You’ve been hugging him for the last hour,” Jonghyun exaggerates causing Key to stick his tongue out at the other man.

                “I was not and I was just too excited that I didn’t notice that you definitely haven’t showered yet Taemin.”

                “Sorry guys. I lost track of time. I was unpacking and the next thing I knew you guys were knocking at my door. Give me thirty minutes and I’ll be ready,” Taemin says rushing off to the bathroom to take a shower. Only to realize that he didn’t unpack any of his bathroom supplies yet.

                “HYUNGS!” he calls out from the shower since he was in so much of a rush and had stepped into the shower before realizing he had nothing to bathe with.

                “What is it Minnie?! You didn’t fall and hurt yourself did you?!” Key calls out and Taemin couldn’t help but shake his head.

                “I need soap! And shampoo! Also a towel and washcloth!” Taemin responds.

                The other three men start to look around but don’t see anything lying out until Key finds a box labeled “bath stuff.” He quickly opens it and finds the items Taemin had requested but just as he is about to bring them to him, Onew takes them from his hands and says “I got it.”

                Taemin is standing under the shower, waiting for someone to bring him the stuff he needs to properly bathe and soon he hears a knock at the door.

                “Just leave them by the door! Thank you,” he calls out but instead of listening the person on the other side of the door opens it and steps inside.

                “ONEW! Wha-?!” Taemin couldn’t even get his words out as he was trying to cover himself up by crouching down in the shower to hide as much of himself as possible.

                “What’s wrong Taemin? I’m just bringing you the stuff you asked for. Also what’s this Onew business? You dare speak impolitely to your hyung?” Onew teases as he places the towel down on the sink counter and hands Taemin the other materials, which the younger man hesitantly takes, still trying his best to keep his body covered.

                “I’m sorry hyung. You just surprised me is all, plus you could’ve just left it by the door.”

                “And miss the chance to see my precious friend in the shower?” Onew says with a certain tone in his voice that Taemin didn’t miss.

                “Hyung, when did you become so erted?”

                “Me? A ert? I think you have me mistaken,” Onew says with a chuckle as he turns around to leave the bathroom, leaving Taemin equally embarrassed and confused on the shower floor.

                Taemin shakes off the weird encounter though and quickly finishes his shower so that they could all leave soon to go eat. By time Taemin was clean and dress it is already 8:30 and Jonghyun is complaining that he is hungry and how they could’ve ordered takeout and it could’ve gotten there by now.

                “Ok, ok we can go. I’m sorry for taking so long,” Taemin said as he steps out of his bedroom in a pair of dark skinny jeans and a black tank-top that was tucked into the top of his jeans.

                “Hmm…I’d say it was well worth the wait,” Onew says, causing Key to hit him.

                “Don’t look at my baby like he’s a piece of meat. He just got home and he doesn’t need any potential suitors,” Key says as he wraps an arm around Taemin’s shoulders and starts walking him to the door with the other two following behind them.

                They took two cars, Onew and Jonghyun in one and Taemin and Key in another (mainly because of Key’s nagging), and made their way towards the restaurant that Onew had decided on. When they arrive, Taemin takes notice that it’s not really an upscale restaurant but it is still of higher quality than a normal diner or take out place would be. The conversation during dinner is light and fun, mainly consisting of Jonghyun and Key catching up with Taemin since they were so busy lately they didn’t have a lot of time to visit him while he was home, unlike Onew who came to see him every weekend.

                “So…has that jackass contacted you yet?” Key asks as they settle the bill. The statement causes Jonghyun to elbow Key in the side and for Key to respond to him with a dirty look but nonetheless Taemin answers the question.

                “He hasn’t. He doesn’t know I’m back in Seoul,” Taemin answers and Key nods his head in approval.

                “Good, let’s keep it that way. We don’t need him anywhere near you Minnie.”

                “I’m pretty sure he isn’t concerned with me hyung. I mean he does have a two year old son to take care of. He’s probably…forgotten all about me,” Taemin says the last part in a softer voice, causing Onew to instinctively wrap an arm around his shoulders to comfort him.

                “Well you still have me!” Onew says in a cheery voice and Taemin looks over to him smiling.

                “Yea, I have all of you guys and I’m going to start working again. Actually speaking of, I wanted to talk to you about something Jonghyun.”

                “Sure, what is it?”

                “Umm…I was sort of wondering if you could help me, maybe audition for your company. I’ve sort of been writing songs and I mean, I like to dance but I was thinking maybe I could try singing too. If it’s too much trouble though…” Taemin trails off but Jonghyun shakes his head, dismissing it.

                “It won’t be too much trouble. I can see if I can arrange an impromptu audition and I’ll let you know ok?” Jonghyun says and all Taemin can do is nod his head as he thanks Jonghyun for doing him this favor.

                The rest of dinner went along smoothly and now Taemin and Onew are in Onew’s car, driving back to their apartment building together.

                “That was fun,” Onew says as he turns into the parking garage.

                “Yea, it was. I’ve really missed hanging out with everyone like this. It’s really good to be back,” Taemin says as they exit the car and head to the elevators to take them to their floor.

                “I didn’t know you were thinking about singing though. When did you decide on this?” Onew asks as he presses the button for the fourth floor.

                “I’ve been thinking about it for a while hyung.”

                “You never told me about it though,” Onew says as he stares at Taemin and Taemin shrugs his shoulders not thinking it was much of a big deal.

                “I wasn’t sure if I actually wanted to give it a shot or not that’s why. It’s not that big of a deal hyung,” Taemin says as he steps out of the elevator when it gets to their floor.

                “I know, I just wish you would’ve shared your thoughts with me. At least you could have told me that you were writing songs. I would love to see some of them one day,” Onew says as he walks with Taemin to his apartment.

                “Yea, maybe,” Taemin says dismissively as he keys in the code on his keypad.

                “Taemin…” Onew says and Taemin turns around only to be pushed up against his door.

                “Onew what are you…”

                “I’m serious Taemin. I want to see them. I want to know everything about you,” Onew says as he lowers he arms to Taemin’s waist, resting his hands on the younger man’s hips.

                “I have real feelings for you. Simply put…I love you Taemin,” Onew states as he stares into Taemin’s eyes and he’s able to see the confusion mixed with shock on Taemin’s face.

                “Hyung…I don’t…”

                “It’s ok. You don’t have to respond now. I just…I just wanted to tell you how I feel. Good night Taemin-ah,” Onew says as he removes his arms from around Taemin and walks down the hall to his own apartment, not looking back once and leaving Taemin in a state of confusion. 


It's short but the first chapter usually is. This fanfic won't be super long but it will tie up the whole OnTae/2Min storyline! I hope you guys enjoy!!