HIS pov.

They Don't Know About Us

As Yoon Ji diverts her attention away from him, he took this opportunity to quickly unclasp the guitar on his shoulder and get the bouquet of roses and chocolate from his friend who was already waiting beside him.

“Yoon Ji.” He called for the second time.

Noticing that the woman won’t be raising her head any sooner to look at him, he held his grip on the bouquet tighter and then, knelt in front of her. You’ll have to look at me now. He thought.

And she did. However, the man was perplexed when he saw the expression playing on her face. Why does it look like she wants to cry? Thinking that she was just too stunned by all what’s happening right now, he started on his speech.

“Yoon Ji, I know it’s been months since we last talked. Heck, it’s also been months since we’ve last seen each other. But believe me when I say that never was there a day that you did not cross my mind. Never was there a day that I did not ask myself, 'did I do the right thing?'. Never was there a day that I did not wonder what were you doing at the exact moment I was thinking of you. Never was there a day I did not get worried if you have eaten your meals already. Never was there I day I did not question, 'are you possibly thinking about me too?' Ahh.. I thought about you a lot, your nose must have gone real itchy the past few months, eh? Else, you're already really tired since you kept on running in my head all these while." He let out a dried, awkward chuckle at the failed joke and cheesy line attempt. Well no one can blame him, the woman in confrontation has not given any change of expression while listening and looking at him.

Nevertheless, he continued, eyes boring into hers.

"And above all, never was there a day that I did not miss you." He paused for awhile as he studied her face.


Her eyes, those round eyes that used to look at him and only him. He remembered telling her once that she had cleopatra's eyes.

Her nose, the nose that always scrunches whenever she's frustrated with something. Cute.

Her eyebrows, those two lines that give away if she's confused with something she denies she is not.

Her light blemishes, that she always hated even though he always insisted that she still looks beautiful with those.

And her lips, her soft, plump lips that gave him an immediate flashback to their first kiss. Her first kiss.


Ever so slowly, he brought his eyes back to look at hers, again. He then realized that she seemed to be studying his face as well.

With this, he smiled. A sudden gush of confidence, excitement and happiness building up inside him. So much that he felt like bursting.

He felt so giddy about the current situation.

And the upcoming one.

"Yoon Ji-ya. Sorry for being a fool, I admit that. My immature self thought that I would be bringing you a lot of burden if I continued to stay by your side as I fixed myself. I thought that I would be suffocating you with all the problems I have in life. I was so blinded by my cowardness that I failed to see the courage and strength you were always so ready to give me." He heaved a deep breath as he looked at her longingly.

"I was so overwhelmed with the fact that someone like you could love someone like me. But now, I have realized that you are indeed a daily vitamin I need in my life. You know what that means right? It means I can't and mustn't live without you. And so Yoon Ji," He smiled at her.

 


If only he knew...

 


"Would you give me the chance to start over again with you? Would you give me the chance to show and prove to you the better version of myself? Lastly, would you hand me the privilege of being together with you as we live the next days, months, years!... of our lives?"

 


If only he thought thoroughly about their whole situation first...

 


He looked up at her from his kneeling position. Watched her. Studied her. Smiling eagerly as he waited for her response. Her answer.

He finally notices a change of expression. However, it was not what he was expecting to show. Tears were on the verge of falling from the corner of her eyes. If it was out of joy, he would've stood up and hugged her already, but no. A different kind of emotion played on her eyes he couldn't exactly pinpoint what.

 


Then none of this would've happened...

 


Her next words made his face fell, together with the bouquet on his hands.

"I'm sorry, Chan Yeol-ah" she stated so softly that he did not hear the slight crack her voice made.

And then, she did what he least expected to happen.

She walked away.


He wanted to cry out loud, shout, run after her and ask her, but he remained on his position with a blank expression. He was too dumbfounded by the reality he never expected.

He was supposed to hear cheers of happiness right now, not the whispers of the crowd they managed to get the attention from a while ago.

He was supposed to be hugging the woman he just confessed to, not watch her lone back figure walking away.

Just like that, all the confidence, excitement, happiness and giddiness he felt before, came crushing down. All into a drain.

All replaced by a single emotion he never thought he'd feel that day.

He let out a small scoff of disbelief as he finally figured out the emotion on her eyes before was the one he was drowning into right now...


Pain.